TAB-SKY Racing Star Stable Fantasy Comp

Discussion in 'On the punt' started by Bearfly, Sep 6, 2012.

1. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

@Chels - tbh, I think Urban Groove isn't quite up to the class required for a real tilt at any Spring Carnival races - last start wilted under pressure when up in class and will only meet much better quality fields in Melbourne!!!

2. graeme

graeme Guest

thanks Bear, in that case she had better become familiar with the celery stable door! She can talk about how unfair life is with Epaulette.

The Derby noms look interesting now I have reviewed then as All Too Hard is still in. If he runs in the Cox Plate unlikely to back up.

Its a Dundeel looks well placed but Philippi could be staring at $270k for second?

Your thoughts?

3. Bearfly

Philippi is one of my faves so far this spring - good honest South Oz galloper in a good yard - reckon Saturday will tell us if a good strong chance for the Derby

4. graeme

graeme Guest

yep Bear, I reckon he will go the distance no worries. (It's a) Dundeel looks like a moral for the Derby, but the place money is good.

You and the rest of the team might like to have a look at Full of Spirit. She is nominated for the Moonga Stakes and then on to something like the Myer. Astute trainer Roger James, I am not reading anything into her not taking on Mosheen and Streama on Saturday in the Tristarc after being nominated for the race. At $50k in the comp may well be a good trade down.

Would appreciate other trade down ideas - please! :D

5. Bearfly

So, there's a possibility of both Americain and Southern Speed being scratched tomorrow!!!

Question for me to answer is whether I retain SS or trade her!!!

6. graeme

graeme Guest

source Bear? Have not seen any suggestions.

FWIW, Dominic Beirne is, as always, doing good work. Now with Betfair. His speed map and comments for the Caulfield Cup are worth a look (http://promo.betfair.com.au/FORM/Dom_Beirne_19102012.pdf).

Further thoughts through http://betting.betfair.com.au/the-informers/dominic-beirne/

7. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Excellent links, thanks chels :)

8. UnderAchievers

UnderAchievers Member

Southern Speed officially scratched

9. Bearfly

Chels - been getting a fair bit of my info through a few Twitter sources & also @1Selection2Win facebook page.

Just seen it confirmed a few minutes ago that Southern Speed is out of CC with intent to concentrate on the Plate next week - means Gatewood strong chance to get a run!!!

10. graeme

graeme Guest

@Bear, ah huh. Good info indeed.

BTW, strongly recommend you trade SS out! :p

11. TheOnion

TheOnion Member

Philippi scratched ..dang it. <My South Aussie specials are withdrawing faster than Kurt Tippett from a lie detector test>.

Wanted to bring in Full Of Spirit as its replacement but Star Stable website no longer lists that horse. What the .... ??

Now looking at Curtana running in the Grp 2, but with no confidence. Any other suggestions at $50K ?

12. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

I like Dame Claire as a 25k option, haven't had a good look at the 50k options though

13. Bearfly

Managed a bonus late yesterday, scored in the daily MultiMadness draw being run by @WePuntRacing - had to nominate your favourite feature race multi bet (winners) and they place the bet for the person drawn each day, with half going to the prize winner & half to them :D

My entry was: December Draw-Caulfield Cup / Shahwardi-Cox Plate / It's A Dundeel-Derby / Brigantin-Melb Cup / Dear Demi-Oaks

Unfortunately they were denied placing the bet coz it was paying $400k!!!

Instead they placed 2 x 4 leg multi's: my selections in CC/CP/Derby/Oaks (paying $26,763 for $5) and Buffering-Manikato Stakes / Proisir-Cox Plate / Tac De Boistron-Melb Cup / Sea Siren-Patinack Farm Classic (paying $35,012 for $5)!!!

So cheer them home for me fellas :lol:

14. Bearfly

Wow, anyone else seen the entries for the Geelong Cup on Wednesday??? Pity it's not part of the Star Stable comp, a very classy field looks set to take part!!!

15. J_C

J_C Guest

<blockquote>Quote from TheOnion on October 19, 2012, 18:40
    Philippi scratched ..dang it.</blockquote>

And gone for the Spring apparently, according to Andrew Bensley at least.

Claims it's gone for a spell.

16. graeme

graeme Guest

@The Onion, she is listed as FULL OF SPIRIT not Full Of Spirit; at the start of the "Fs", rather than alphabetical. I am guessing the additions after the original excel file are in full capitals?

17. Swans2012

Swans2012 New Member

Got distracted at work on saturday morning and missed lockout for a jockey change, got stuck with rawiller damn it!! up to 440 overall after the dunaden and alcopop quinella but would have been closer to top 150 if id managed the rawiller to williams change.... ahhh well my own fault for not just slapping the jockey change in when i was doing my trades.......anyway can afford one of more joyous and green moon this week to go with pierro proisir and ocean park... thoughts? im thinking the moon but gai did mention more joyous backing up in the mackinnon if all goes ok which makes me wonder whether shed be the better option.....also tossing up between shahwardi and rekindled intest as second trades...early thoughts or other ideas appreciated...

18. Bearfly

@Swans - I'd be more inclined to go with the Moon mate, in stellar form at present and was earmarked for the Plate as his priority instead of yesterday's Cup before his first run this prep (it all depended how his 1st 2 runs went, which he got through showing a good turn of speed).
    MJ's last run was disappointing for me - I know she carried a huge impost, but she didn't show the usual MJ spark that we've come to love - and she will need to rediscover that to have even a place chance against GM, the 3 year olds, OP & the international raiders (don't forget, Shahwardi will be lining up and most likely Asfrare too).

As for your other trade, Shahwardi is streets ahead of Rekindled Interest, however don't overlook starting to set up for the MC with this weeks trades either (and the Derby/Oaks) - IMPO, you need to get as many of the French horses as possible into your stable before Cup day because, to be quite frank, we don't have anything remotely capable of matching Dunaden & Americain over 3200 and that was clearly demonstrated yesterday by how strongly they both finished the race carrying 58kg each!!! And believe me, Shahwardi, Brigantin & Tac De Boistron are all just as good as those 2!!!

On another note, I saw an absolute ripper on my Twitter feed last night that was a brilliant dig at those pathetic Poms who believe a horse that has relied on pacemakers to give him a winning chance in every race of his career is a world beater - went along the lines of: "Frankel 13 wins from 13 starts for &#36;3.5+million prizemoney - Dunaden 3 starts in Australia for 3 wins for over &#36;5.5 million #needtobedownundertowinthegoodmoney"
    :lol:

19. graeme

graeme Guest

Well done Swans2012, the only one amongst us with Dunaden. Terrific performance - by the horse and our man!

20. Swans2012

Swans2012 New Member

thanks guys,
    @bear im definately on the moon now (as much as ive got a horrible feeling MJ or All too Hard might be blowouts), still undecided though on a second trade, thinking either ethiopia or rekindled interest now that shahwadi's not in the plate, got 200k to spend...thoughts??