TAB-SKY Racing Star Stable Fantasy Comp

Discussion in 'On the punt' started by Bearfly, Sep 6, 2012.

1. graeme

graeme Guest

Your asking us Swans2012? :eek: We should be asking you amigo! :p

FWIW, I plan to trade in Its A Dundeel this week. Looks to have the $132,000 in the Mitchelton Wines Vase at his mercy and then will back up in the Derby next week ($900,000 to the winner). Current cost for him is $150,000, all going well should be able to trade him into a $250,000 horse in the Cup after the Derby. If that happens you get a Cup favourite for $150,000. If you like Mount Athos you get $50,000 back and a favoured runner in the Cup.

If I am misguided now is the time to speak up!

Will also trade in Green Moon meaning I have four running in the Cox Plate (also Pierro, Ocean Park and Proisir).

2. TheOnion

TheOnion Member

You are not misguided chels. I suspect Dundeel will be a done deal in most Stables.

3. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

I will have exactly the same 5 runners at this stage chels, though I am not as committed to the Green Moon camp as some others it is my completed trade right now..

4. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

Just glad doing the Dundeel deal isn't needed in my stable :)

So far I have Happy Moon Proisir as my Plate runners with Dundeel - looking at shifting out Voila Ici and probably Secret Admirer this week, just need to decide who to bring in!!!

5. Len

I am more keen on All Too Hard than Green Moon, esp at the weights, but so far lacking the testicular fortitude to back it up :p

6. Bearfly

Not 100% convinced of the 3yo's ability to handle a tough race under WFA conditions tbh - I suppose time will tell though!!!

7. Swans2012

Swans2012 New Member

@chels dundeel a lock this week
    @lenh I'm with you on the all too hard issue, but as bear says if it becomes a bit rough and tumble with ATH having to push through the field (which the speed maps say hell have to)I think it'll be difficult for him, But still he is unbeaten in Melbourne and was strong to the line in the guineas! Damnit there I go confusing myself again!

@bear pretty sure secret admirer is in the mackinnon next week so might pay to hold off on her for another week

As for me I have settled on the moon and Ethiopia ( in the hope that he'll run well and move on to the cup) to go with dundeel, proisir, pierro, and ocean park tomorrow.

If anyone is interested now is the time to take the $2.25 on offer about dundeel in the derby, will shorten noticeably if it wins as expected tomorrow. Got him as an anchor in a lot of cup doubles!
    Good luck all

8. graeme

graeme Guest

just trying to be helpful Swans2012 - makes me laugh that you already had my suggestion in your stable. :D It underlines that to do well in this comp your initial selections have to be spot on. If you are playing catch up with horses like Dundeel now (as I am), you are in trouble. Much like Supercoach in that respect.

If you are into breeding you probably know (It's A) Dundeel's lineage (NB he is not yet three, foaled on 18/11/2009). So You Think is out of a Tights mare (Triassic) which may explain why he was more precocious and more adept at the shorter distances. [Please note, I am not trying to suggest IAD is in SYT's class - may happen, but not a valid argument now.]

Sire: High Chaparral
    Grandsire: Sadler's Wells
    Dam: Stareel
    Damsire: Zabeel

9. Bearfly

Definite Derby breeding there Chels - nothing but the best blue blood throughout!!!

10. Swans2012

Swans2012 New Member

Appreciate the thought chels! Your right though it is near impossible to come from behind unless a roughy you happen to have wins one of the big three! Would not be at all surprised to see dundeel end up in SYT's class, and I have to say If he was mine, I'd be tempted to consider paying a late entry fee for the cup should he win the derby next sat!

11. Len

Well I switched, in a perfect world for me I would have pulled in ATH and MJ, I am no expert these days but for me she is the main danger to the three 3yo's. Pulled in ATH and IAD, dropping Dec Draw and Glencadam gold and putting 5ok aside for next week.
    Weight stops trains and with three of them getting the best part of 10kgs over 2040m I am on the ones with postage stamps on their backs.

12. TheOnion

TheOnion Member

Yeah I'm with you Len, 10 kgs is huge <Green Moon vs the kids!>, gotta love wfa.

Not sure what Pierro has done wrong. I've got some nice Melb Cup doubles Pierro into some frogs. Its all very gallic. See how we go.

13. Len

I left my jockey change until last night and swapped from Nolen to Williams, apparently I didn't hit save.. Go Luke :0

14. UnderAchievers

UnderAchievers Member

Am I the only one with super cool in my stable? Small victory!

15. Bearfly

Good pick UA - although I think IAD will be much better suited to the roomy Flemington track next week

16. graeme

graeme Guest

Ocean Park, bet of the day - you beauty. Now, on to the MacKinnon.

There were a few doubters here (no names, no pack drill), think the doubts may have been dispelled.

17. Bearfly

Didn't entirely doubt OP's ability Chels, in fact I did say that he was one in the mix - I more doubted Pierro than anything else!!!

Actually scored the exacta by keeping the faith with the older, experienced WFA performers and the one 3yo that has shown staying ability, along with my blue swimmer each way on OP :D

Anyone think Singo might be a bit more pissed of this evening (rumours abound that he had $100k on MJ with Luxbet to win a cool mill), although I for one am not too impressed with Nash on MJ for nearly knocking HT over approaching the home turn just as McEvoy was starting to make a move on HT!!!

18. graeme

graeme Guest

fair enough Bear, 14 of the 16 in our comp had Ocean Park, so I will retract my statement and salute our skill! ;)

19. Len

I had my best week by a mile, almost 3 times my avg..
    I had the trifecta in my stable but didn't put it on.. :(

20. Bearfly

Managed to get the trifecta here (25%) - mainly due to covering far and wide - GM, HT, Eth, OP, SS for 1st/ those 5 + MJ & ATH for 2nd/ those 7 + SO, RI, Pierro & Proisir for 3rd - would've preferred to have Ethiopia hang on for 3rd place to add some value, but thems the breaks in racing!!!

Still have CP/MC doubles going with OP into the froggies which all got placed after OP had his 2nd win and looked a solid CP contender - so not all lost. And am looking forward to the MC now seeing that I managed to place my pre-post bets on Dunaden & Americain well before the CC, so got the best price possible :)

As for Star Stable, am pretty pleased with myself now that I took the punt of changing my jock to the Eyre Peninsula/West Coast lad in Kerrin - only hoop to score a double yesterday, and had a 2nd to go with it, so that helps out a bit - but am slightly annoyed that my fiancee is still doing a tad better than me!!! :(