TAB-SKY Racing Star Stable Fantasy Comp

Discussion in 'On the punt' started by Bearfly, Sep 6, 2012.

1. weazel

weazel Member

i put $20 on the tri and got $25 back lol

2. TheOnion

TheOnion Member

I got that tri as well and thought it was the crappest dividend ! Now I know why...everyone else was on it !!

3. Swans2012

Swans2012 New Member

heres my thoughts, currently thinking maybe just leaving IAD as my only derby runner (pretty confident he'll win) and bringing in sizzling as a bit of a POD to try to pull back the million odd im behind the leaders. second trade Americain to start bulking up numbers for the cup. will leave me with alcopop and OP in the mackinnon, iad and sizzling for saturday, and the moon,dunaden,americain,ethiopia,voila ici for the cup. cup trades on monday will likely be mount athos and one of brigantin and shahwardi depending on who makes the field.

what do you think? am i being deluded with sizzling instead of a second derby runner?? i figure its time to take a few chances to try to get into the top 100 (currently 350)

4. graeme

graeme Guest

Swans2012 on the go again, you are doing great amigo.

I think Sizzling will run third behind the dead heat of Snitzerland and Nechita.

A risky strategy would be to bring in Gatewood ($100,000) but unsure if it will run in the Cup if it qualifies on Saturday.

Second trade is a definite: HOWMUCHDOYOULOVEME ($125,000) will win the Salinger and then go through to the Patinack on the 10th.

Any other ideas team?

5. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

I have brought in Honorius and Gatewood at his stage, they will run with;
    Ocean Park
    Alcopop
    Its a Dundeal
    Dame Claire & Winchester
    Trading out All Too Hard and Sky Raider allows me to bank 125k for Monday

6. Swans2012

Swans2012 New Member

@chels Thanks, best ive done in the past is about 1000th! gotta disagree with sizzling after watching his 4th behind snitzerland again, really only got going in the last 50 and i reckon has her covered down the straight, but nechita's jumpout @ flemington was forwarded to me today and was really impressive enough to scare me off taking sizzling, still think he'll win but.......
    hadn't thought of taking howmuchdoyouloveme, will think it through but gotta say i reckon the salinger is not worth enough $$ to justify bringing in a sprinter with the cup just round the corner, although would be nice to lock in a patinack runner...
    i'm sure gatewood will run if makes the field but i've got a good vibe about excluded and tanby in the lexus so i really am thinking that maybe i'll just take another derby runner (perhaps hvasstan) after all and stick with americain to start loading my cup runners up....
    too many god dam options.....very confused....

7. graeme

graeme Guest

g'day Len, have a look at the $ values for the races over the next game days. IMO, it suggests you should beef up to 5 or 6 Cup runners.

8. Len

I hear what you are saying chels, but I will have to make do with 4 runners in the cup, hopefully the right 4 :)

9. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

@Swans, Chels, Lenh - just got a text with a tip for tomorrow from Titan Tipping for Nechita - usually they don't send their tips out until race day between 9-10am, so this suggests to me that the money will be flowing in a big way tomorrow and they're informing their clients early to get some value, already in to favouritism with Luxbet fixed odds at $3.60 win & $1.55 place - I reckon get on now with the 1w3pl approach!!!

10. graeme

graeme Guest

much appreciated Bear, seems like it was a pretty impressive trial.

11. Len

Too big a risk for me bear, I like Snitzerland a lot in that race, I will be leaving the race alone as I like to only like one horse, the quinella should pay about even money, but ty :)

12. TheOnion

TheOnion Member

Southern Speed has broken down ; career over !

13. Bearfly

Don't say I didn't give you the good oil early enough fellas - how good was Nechita in the Coolmore, hope you all got on and made a killing with me!!!
    Also scored the Coolmore trifecta by 25% + managed to snare the Zydeco -> Nechita double with a blue swimmer @ $3.10 -> $5.50 \\o/ Happy Days - gotta love Derby Day :mrgreen:

14. Swans2012

Swans2012 New Member

Love your work bear, gave it (nechita) a tickle when it drifted on the tote, couldn't resist, but it and fawkner were my only highlights on a tough day! On a positive note slipped up to 139 overall in star stable!

15. TheOnion

TheOnion Member

Nice work Swans, you are probably the only one from the TS group with a realistic chance to take this out, and I reckon 'The Winning Choice' is in great shape to climb the leaderboard tomorrow.

The winner of Star Stable 2012 MUST find the winner of the Cup IMO given the massive $3.6M prizemoney ($6M overall). The leaderboard will shift dramatically tomorrow from what I can see. The Cup is worth more alone than any other entire race day in Star Stable.

For the sake of exercise I have compared overall leader Lyn at $7.91M to your stable at $7.01M to my own lousy $4.41M. Here are the current Cup runners for those 3 teams....

lynslove (ranked 1)- Ethiopia, Green Moon + presumably she will make 2 trades and bring in the 2 fav's
    The Winning Choice (139) - Dunaden, Americain, Ethiopia, Green Moon, Voila Ici + presumably 2 trades
    Unstable (11335) - Dunaden, Americain, Red Cadeaux, Mt Athos, Green Moon, Mourayan, My Quest For Peace, trades are done.

Mate; if the winner comes from outside the 2 fav's and you can find it with your trades, you will rocket up the leaderboard! Good luck and maybe post your trades up so we can ride em home for you.

16. Swans2012

Swans2012 New Member

@onion thanks mate, have focussed on the big 3 (cc, cox, and mc) since the first week, imho you need the winner of each to have a chance, everything else you pick up is just bonus $$.

thanks for the analysis, nice to know im in a better position for the cup than a lot of those above me, though i am a little jealous of your cup lineup...

just brought in Mt athos and red cadeaux to go with americain, dunaden, ethiopia, green moon and voila ici.(though i have a soft spot for mourayan). not very adventurous with my inclusions i know, but mt athos is a must and i keep going back to red cadeaux's run last year and continued consistency (placed last 5) and can't convince myself to take anyone else!!

Anyway clearly the best ive done in one of these comps and thanks for tthe support, fingers crossed for tomorrow....best of luck all...

17. graeme

graeme Guest

some help please - which two to pick out of Dunaden, Mt Athos and Red Cadeaux to go with Americain, My Quest for Peace and Green Moon. Reasons would be helpful.

From someone in the Melbourne any rain around? I heard perhaps 3 mills(?) over night plus track watering this evening of another 5.

18. Bearfly

Possibility of alot more rain than that if the conditions experienced by Port Lincoln and Adelaide today reach Melbourne - if they get anything like Adelaide has copped this arvo & evening (which is still going btw) there could be a realistic chance that the races get called off - been severe thunderstorms here in Adelaide since about 2pm and have worsened as the arvo/evening have dragged on.

Has to be at least 20 mill of rain fallen, if not alot more!!!

Do some wet track form fellas, just in case you need a back up plan!!!

19. Bearfly

Hey there fellas, just thought I would let you know that the tip today from Titan Tipping is Flemington race 8 #13 I Get Around - hoping for another nice win to follow up the good oil they provided on Saturday with Nechita!!!

20. Swans2012

Swans2012 New Member

well it appears my climb up the ladder has come too late, up to 43rd overall, but only one meeting left and 800k or so to make up! Anyway no prize for finishing 30th so no point taking the favourites that those abve me will have, going to go with Mental and secret admirer (or maybe hes remarkable) as points of difference and if they both get up then who knows!!!