TAB-SKY Racing Star Stable Fantasy Comp

Discussion in 'On the punt' started by Bearfly, Sep 6, 2012.

1. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

Not impressed with Star Stable at all - just logged on a little earlier to make my trades only to find that the trades I made at about 1am Thursday morning didn't register for some reason even though they showed up in my stable before I logged out - second year in a row it happened to me!!!

Like the Mental trade in Swans, I reckon he has a huge chance on his last run

2. Swans2012

Swans2012 New Member

Yeah I had issues getting my trades done last night bear, evetually got them done this morning. Anyway, mentals win makes things interesting, I reckon If secret admirer gets up I'll have to be top 5 or maybe better?!?!

3. graeme

graeme Guest

was up off the couch for you Swans - but to no avail. Still and inspirational effort amigo.

Seconds in both groups ones mean my hoped for big day with seven runners (and McEvoy) has not eventuated.
    Shahwardi versus the favourite should be interesting in race 8; a classic top company performer versus the up and comer.

4. Bearfly

Get your money on DKW's imported grey for the 2013 MC now fellas!!! :D

Wrapped with Happy Trails win today, won back everything I lost on him in the Plate plus stacks more :D

Mental -> HT race by race double has me grinning from ear to ear after scoring earlier with the nice 30/1 winner Eximius and the exacta in the 4th \\o/

As for Star Stable, got done by my fiancee, AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. TheOnion

TheOnion Member

Congrats Swans, 33rd overall, 12th in Vic, winner of the TS League.

6. Swans2012

Swans2012 New Member

@chels and onion - thanks guys, was cheering when secret admirer ranged up (for star stable and the 25 ew i had on her!), but was not to be! nice to take the league title! i can feel a signature line coming on......

@bear how good was puissuance de lune! amazingly comfortable win off a fairly decent speed, reckon bossy would have locked away the ride for next spring judging by the way he was gawking around in the last 200, looked pretty impressed. was thinking of you when HT got up, after the spruik youve given it all carnival nice to see you get a good collect!

as far as the punt goes, best day at flemington for the carnival for me but could have been much better if crack a roadie, hoylonny, secret admirer all found a bit more! ah well until next week....

7. Bearfly

@Swans - yeah mate, nice of HT to repay the faith, and was so good to have another winning day at Flemington (3 out of the 4 days of the MC were winning days for me and the only reason Cup day isn't included in that is because I didn't have the opportunity to have my usual day in front of the tv punting + no quinellas, exactas, trifectas on the Cup)!!! Anyway, yesterday's nice profit outdone Derby Day so that makes 2 of the 3 winning days being massive for me (actually turned over about $3.5k in bets with roughly $2.8k profit) - like I always say, gotta love Spring Carnival - this year has to be one of the best for a while as far as decent value winners go (as in horses in good form paying damn good divvies)!!!

@Everyone in the TS Star Stable comp - well done to all, I reckon we'll have to definitely reconvene for the Autumn carnival and have another crack at it - seems like we are slowly getting better with our league ranking and if this Spring comp is anything to go by we may even be able to have one of our league members (Swans) at least goclose to winning the whole damn thing!!!
    Would love to see them actually set up something similar, but with a larger initial stable and more an extra weekly trade or 2 for an entire racing season!!!

8. graeme

graeme Guest

Hi every one, Have created a TS league for the Star Stable Autumn comp. Since we asked people who dropped out when they did not win round 1 to not enter we have done pretty well in this. It starts Saturday, sorry about the short notice - oh the code - 785414 Hope you get into this be good chels

9. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

10. graeme

graeme Guest

great to have you on board Len, do not tell anyone that ORFFA (and I am typing very quietly) is extending its reach
    stay god chels

11. Bearfly

chels wrote:
    great to have you on board Len, do not tell anyone that ORFFA (and I am typing very quietly) is extending its reach
    stay god chels Will join the league tomorrow arvo/evening after I get back to my folks place following my appointments at Royal Adelaide Hospital. But I may need a little advice/guidance on who to select in the stable as all my racing info (blackbook list, etc) is back home in Lincoln!!! Hopefully I can do ok on first meeting - maybe by travelling to Melbourne that day and thus missing half the days racing will be a blessing in disguise as I won't be able to punt on any of my stable selections therefore they're bound to win :D

12. J_C

J_C Guest

13. Bearfly

Ok chels my friend, have joined and selected my stable (Debeersonwho?) named after local Port Lincoln horse Debeersonus who has been doing pretty good in Adelaide recently and is running again tomorrow with a good each way chance!!!
    Also, my fiancee has jumped in again with the intention to kick my arse once more!!!

14. Len

All too hard is scratched guys

15. J_C

J_C Guest

Lenh191 wrote:
    All too hard is scratched guys Shame I didn't get to see this, or anything races related, until it was too late. Ended up with two or three scratched runners I think.

16. Len

JC wrote:
    Lenh191 wrote:
    All too hard is scratched guys Shame I didn't get to see this, or anything races related, until it was too late. Ended up with two or three scratched runners I think. It was a hellish day for this contest tbh, the rain has screwed up a lot of Golden Slipper options, hoping for dead track s at worst going forward

17. graeme

graeme Guest

You are right Len - a tough start. Saw ATH was scratched at the last moment and could not balance the stable to reflect that change. I thought Philippi's run was enormous and I will pick it up when it goes over more ground. Anyone else see anything they liked (at the races!)?

18. J_C

J_C Guest

chels wrote: I thought Philippi's run was enormous and I will pick it up when it goes over more ground. Anyone else see anything they liked (at the races!)? Agree re: Philippi, chels. Didn't see a lot races on the weekend, but I did like Isabella Snowflake's win (perhaps because I picked it). Also thought Charlie Boy was a terrific run under the circumstances.

19. Len

I had Charlie Boy, not sure how to evaluate his run with the track, Philippilookedgreat :)

20. J_C

J_C Guest

Lenh191 wrote:
    I had Charlie Boy, not sure how to evaluate his run with the track, Philippilookedgreat :) I just thought he ran rome really strongly. He was certainly entitled to run home well given the jockey didn't use up any petrol in the run. Being that far off them he should've used a bit more I'd argue. But with what I thought was a poor ride, and the terrible track conditions, I thought the run had some merit.