TAB-SKY Racing Star Stable Fantasy Comp

Discussion in 'On the punt' started by Bearfly, Sep 6, 2012.

1. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

Well, just managed to check in to my stable - and I must say it doesn't look pretty!!! Never had the chance to do anything about ATH on Saturday (or anything else) due to having to be at the airport at 9.30am Adel time and not settling in to accommodation until after 2.30pm Melb time!!! Fiancee was in the same boat as me, however she can't complain because she done better than me!!!
    Now just have to make sure I get enough time Friday evening to really sort these nags of mine out (did go in to the first round with 4 non runners in preparation for latter rounds).

2. Swans2012

Swans2012 New Member

Agree guys, really was a rough start, anyway onwards and upwards! Philippi good run, Charlie boy likewise! Glad I put a few of this weeks runners in the stable otherwise would have been a total loss. Interested to hear this weeks trade ins....

3. graeme

graeme Guest

please remember to update stables before the 10.30am AEDT cutoff this weekend. It is up them and at them time!

4. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Is anyone using Luxbet's Luxbook to track their stable? I just noticed the feature and it seems fit for the purpose..

5. J_C

J_C Guest

Had two trades locked in since yesterday, then changed them both 5 minutes before lock out. Let's hope that doesn't bite me in the arse!!

6. Bearfly

Well, ended up bringing in Mr Moet & Mawingo at the expense of High Shot & All Too Hard - plus replaced Dunn with Bossy Plan to bring ATH back in for his next start, but atm he was the best one to trade out to free up the cash I needed to make the trades. Didn't want to go the 'cookie-cutter' route with Green Moon as I feel he could be vulnerable 2nd up, plus the fact that I really think Mr Moet has the potential to grub the cup with his fast finish down the long Flemington straight. Already had Moment of Change and Luckygrey in the stable from week 1 as I knew both were being set for the Newmarket as their main target - just wish we had 3 trades per week instead of 2 as I also really wanted to bring Fontelina in as a dark horse - really think it has the potential down the straight 1200 to cause a bit of a boilover!!! On another note, I have started up a Supercoach Group for the Waaaay2Serious Punters - groups areseparatefrom leagues as there is no limit to the amount of participants unlike leagues which is capped at 18. Would be great if we could get not only the W2SP members in this group but also all the regular punting fanatics here at TS on board as well so we can see who is the best SC coach amongst the TS punting fraternity :) Link to the group is:http://supercoach.heraldsun.com.au/group?cic=715411

7. J_C

J_C Guest

@Bear - I agree about Fontelina. Sneaky chance today. It and Green Moon were the two trades I had locked away until just before lock out when I changed my mind. Ended up bringing in Better than Ready and Super Cool instead. Already had Moment of Change and Mr Moet in last week ready for today.

8. graeme

graeme Guest

I am certainly not covering myself in glory - have pulled the wrong rein so many times it can only mean I am an idiot. Only bright spot was having C. Williams as jockey.
    Will try to do better this week.

9. Len

So glad you bumped the thread mate, I have been so focused on SC lately I forgot to login after the lockout finished. Didn't do too bad as I had both the 3 year olds, need to figure out who is likely to run again and run thisweekendnow...

10. Bearfly

chels wrote:
    I am certainly not covering myself in glory - have pulled the wrong rein so many times it can only mean I am an idiot. Only bright spot was having C. Williams as jockey.
    Will try to do better this week. Looks like we're drinking from the same fountain Chels!!! Had a shocker too - and got outscored by the fiancee again!!! Speaking of the fiancee, she beat me on the back of having Williams and only one horse gaining minor prizemoney!!!
    Will be studying the fields closely tomorrow - and keeping an eye on the weather radar for Sydney - need some miracles to have any hope of rising up the ladder!!!

11. Len

I had a call on my mobile this morning from a woman saying she was from the TAB and wanted to talk to me about my Star Stable account. I told her I was too busy, probably quite rudely,anyoneelse had this call?

12. Len

Meetings don't come much more beige than this one, trading in Ferlax and Assail, will be my only two runners, hopefully Prebble has a good day.

13. Bearfly

Lenh191 wrote:
    I had a call on my mobile this morning from a woman saying she was from the TAB and wanted to talk to me about my Star Stable account. I told her I was too busy, probably quite rudely,anyoneelse had this call? Can't say yes or no Len - if they make their call to me and it comes up 'unknown' number I simply refuse to answer because I am sick of constantly being barraged by telemarketers!!! But I do know my fiancee definitely hasn't had any such call.
    Now onto serious matters, am thinking Rebel Dane is a must to trade in for tomorrow, just have to decide on who else (plus the constant struggle to pick the right jock)!!!

14. graeme

graeme Guest

Rebel Dane in for me as well Bear. Cannot make up my mind between It's A Dundeel and Proisir.
    Hoop for me is Robl or Hugh Bowman.
    Choices, choices.

15. graeme

graeme Guest

Stable upgrades please gentlemen - its a mind blowing day's racing coming up. I should have five that are loaded into the stalls (Silent Achiever, Steps in Time, Overreach, Moment of Change and Charlie Boy) and hope they all salute the judge!
    Hoop choice still unclear.

16. Len

5 for me; fivenandahalfstar, Overreach, Moment of Change, Red Tracer & Charlie Boy. Corey Brown in the saddle, but have not researched thejockeyproperly so welcome any better suggestions so I can go back to studying SC formlines :p

17. graeme

graeme Guest

Len, I think the jockey choice is very close between The Pumper and Hughie Bowman. Leaning slightly towards Jimmy C.
    Thoughts of the rest of our fine band of experts?

18. Len

Really? I had Bowman and then for some bizarre reason, without research switched him to Brown. Damn I hope I have resisted the same twitches in my footy teams. Ty chels :)

19. J_C

J_C Guest

Bowman my jockey for tomorrow. Likely to have these 6 runners if I make two trades: Pierro, Moment of Change, Charlie Boy, Never Can Tell + Overreach and Steps in Time.

20. graeme

graeme Guest

Somewhat saved by going with The Pumper ($225,000 of $458,000 for the week).
    I think the go is to concentrate on getting week 6 horses set as it is the first really big week with the Slipper and BMW being defining races. Have Overreach and Charlie Boy in place for the former but nothing yet for the latter. My two trades will likely be Moment of Change into Maluckyday and then Steps in Time out and try to find a value horse for the George Ryder, Queen of the Turf or the Vinery.