TAB-SKY Racing Star Stable Fantasy Comp

Discussion in 'On the punt' started by Bearfly, Sep 6, 2012.

1. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

chels wrote:
    Somewhat saved by going with The Pumper ($225,000 of $458,000 for the week).
    I think the go is to concentrate on getting week 6 horses set as it is the first really big week with the Slipper and BMW being defining races. Have Overreach and Charlie Boy in place for the former but nothing yet for the latter. My two trades will likely be Moment of Change into Maluckyday and then Steps in Time out and try to find a value horse for the George Ryder, Queen of the Turf or the Vinery.

<p style='font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif; font-size: 10px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 13px;]No way I will be putting any faith in Charlie Boy in the Slipper - was a very disappointing effort on Saturday and in my opinion Criterion, Fast'N'Rocking and even Windjammer look better prospects to run a place behind the outstanding Waterhouse filly!!! <p style='font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif; font-size: 10px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 13px;]Have to agree with you re Maluckyday though, outstanding run and will be a damn good option in the BMW and Cup <div>

2. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Fair strat chels, currently I have Assail, Charlie Boy & Overreach in the slipper and fivenadahalfstar for the BMW, will bring in another for the BMW and then look to the future.

3. graeme

graeme Guest

g'day Bear, My reasoning with Charlie Boy is to hold him rather than trade him for another Slipper runner ('the bird in the hand theory'); I'll probably add a third runner next week.

4. Bearfly

chels wrote:
    g'day Bear, My reasoning with Charlie Boy is to hold him rather than trade him for another Slipper runner ('the bird in the hand theory'); I'll probably add a third runner next week.
    Fair enough Chels - just as well our stable runners don't fluctuate in value like our SC players :D Must say, I really liked the effort of Fast'N'Rocking on Saturday - first time racing clockwise put in a damn good finish and ran a good race to pick up 2nd place in the Blue diamond - looks a pretty good place chance in the Slipper (the fave will have to either draw a gate in the carpark or fall over to lose - like the Blue Diamond winner, she appears to be far superior to everything else)

5. Len

chels wrote:
    That's my theory also, pretty sure I have the winner, hope I snag a place...
    Also have the BMW fav but am not as confident, I havebeenon that horse for 5 months, at some point he will win, not sure if it's this weekend..

6. Len

At this point I should admit right up until 5 minutes ago Ithoughtthis was game week 6, not 5, back tothedrawing board re trades :)

7. Bearfly

Lenh191 wrote:
    At this point I should admit right up until 5 minutes ago Ithoughtthis was game week 6, not 5, back tothedrawing board re trades :) Just as well you realised now and not just seconds before lockout Len :) At least that gives you an extra week to bring your plans to fruition.
    BTW - Maluckyday only 54kg for Sydney Cup!!! Be hard to hold out with that weight!!!

8. graeme

graeme Guest

Next weekend is the biggie team with the Slipper and the BMW. Best foot forward time.
    Last week Jason, Brent and I notched up $570,000 then Len with $556,750. Nicole edged out her fiancee ($511,750 to $506,750) with Jayden exceeding his average with a $351,750 (nice work matey you are getting into the swing of it).
    Jason still has a comfortable lead and a strong stable. We (not just me I hope) have not given in yet, that's not our style.
    The jockey choice is decisive - some informed debate Friday afternoon would be good. Should be feasible now round one of the AFL is almost over.
    Good luck and good punting, be good chels

9. J_C

J_C Guest

I was a bit more forward thinking with my trades this round. With It's A Dundeel already in the stable, I traded Snitzerland in to target the other decent money race to give me just 2 runners for the weekend. I used my other trade to bring in a runner for future rounds in Maluckyday. I agree Chels that a bit of Friday discussion about jockey choice could really help to boost our league ranking. Keep up the good work everyone!

10. Len

I agree the jockey choice is a tough call, esp as the lowly hcp race gives the sames points as a G1.
    I've already made my trades for next week, and unlikely to change them unless final nominations change, I have brought in It's a Dundeal & Foreteller to run with fiveandahalfstar in the BMW, and I have Overreach Sidestep Charlie Boy and Assail in the Slipper. Hopefully Mount Zero and Tuscan fire get nominated for something and I can watch all 10 run :)

11. Bearfly

chels wrote:

Nicole edged out her fiancee ($511,750 to $506,750)
    Good luck and good punting, be good chels Seems nothing has changed here!!! Star Stable, SC, DT, Sportal, CB and Sportsbet all the same, get outscored by my fiancee!!!!!!!!! Aaaarrrrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. J_C

J_C Guest

@Len - Think the trainer said It's A Dundeel no chance to run in the BMW. Think the Derby will be it's next run.

13. Bearfly

JC wrote:
    @Len - Think the trainer said It's A Dundeel no chance to run in the BMW. Think the Derby will be it's next run. Makes sense to bypass BMW in favour of Derby - Derby win (which would also mean the triple-crown) has far greater bearing on future stud value than the BMW would!!! They're mad if they go for the BMW

14. Len

Interesting, thanks JC, will probably still trade him in as I thought those three had the winner, it's now just a quinella :)

15. graeme

graeme Guest

[span style='font-family: 'Courier New'; font-size: 13px;]I have done some quick analysis of the jockey's prospects for tomorrow and came up with Nash Rawiller. I think Pierro and More Joyous are home runs and think he can place with Hydro (race 2) and Hippopus (race 3). However, the choice is not clear cut for mine as when I view all the races I rate the Pumper, Hughie Bowman and Kerryn McEvoy as having the same prospects as Nash. I just like his two winners as I am not sure I will be putting those two into the stable tomorrow (well not both anyway). [span style='font-family: 'Courier New'; font-size: 13px;]
    [span style='font-family: 'Courier New'; font-size: 13px;]Any thoughts? And does anyone have the odds on tomorrow's jockey challenge?

16. J_C

J_C Guest

I've got Nash in at the moment. Apart from the two obvious rides on Pierro and More Joyous, I think he's better than a flukers chance of at least a place on at least 3 others.

17. Len

I have gone with Bowman, but agree with you thoughts entirely chels :)

18. Bearfly

Am expecting some big upsets today with a few of these short faves getting knocked off. Pierro gets any pressure he'll crumble, 5&1/2star has no wet track form (0/2 slow, 0/1 heavy) and is up against proven wet trackers. Reliable Man & Veyron both bear thought considering class of opponents recently (Veyron only beaten last start by Cox Plate winner & was closer to that winner than Pierro was in the Plate!!!). Tipping Le Roi in BMW - loves mud, distance suits, was working home well last start. Tipping the Kiwi invader despite outside alley in the Slipper which is a wide open race now the track is rated a slow7. However, MJ is one shortie who will do well, although she isn't fallible.
    Big race day with lots of pressure on often = upset results!!!

19. graeme

graeme Guest

wow Bear, you might want to see if the Chief can put enable the edit function for the forum.
    Slightly annoyed I did not follow my instinct and take McEvoy. But Phillipi, 5.5, Silent Achiever, Overreach and Pierro made it an okay day.

20. Bearfly

chels wrote:
    wow Bear, you might want to see if the Chief can put enable the edit function for the forum.
    Slightly annoyed I did not follow my instinct and take McEvoy. But Phillipi, 5.5, Silent Achiever, Overreach and Pierro made it an okay day. Nah Chels, never go back on what I say - wasn't the best day today on the punt, but did have a few highlights including actually making a profit with my turn for the Punters Club :)