Team Numbers

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by TerryinBangkok, Apr 3, 2013.

1. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

dmandrews wrote: <p style='line-height: 14.25pt;]I agree with Fitzy and vote: <p style='line-height: 14.25pt;] <p style='line-height: 14.25pt;]c) keep squad size the same and <p style='line-height: 14.25pt;] <p style='line-height: 14.25pt;]a) no increase to delistments <p style='line-height: 14.25pt;] <p style='line-height: 14.25pt;]I don't think we should change list numbers mid-season. <p style='line-height: 14.25pt;] <p style='line-height: 14.25pt;]I have always been able to field a full 15 man team but can understand people being frustrated and losing motivation if they are unable to field a full team. I would be happy for the list size to be increased to 28 for the 2014 season to help alleviate this problem. Can we interest you in a second franchise? Would have to be mid-season though.

2. TerryinBangkok

To summarize (to date): Increase squad size Yes (12) No (5) 1 abstention Increase delistments Yes (1) No (16) 1 abstention Footnote: I, for one, would not contemplate putting this issue on the agenda at the end of year, or any other time. Does not mean that others can't but my feeling is we have enough distractions as it is and should get on with enjoying ourselves, as Philosoraptor suggests, rather than digging up old bones and chewing them all over again. So, in my mind at least, it is now or not.

3. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

66% is a majority if I remember correctly

4. graeme

graeme Guest

Correct Bandito, but I think the Commish's comment relates to the compensation thread rather than this one.
    The figure of interest to me is how many votes there were for 28 and how many for 30?

5. TerryinBangkok

chels wrote:
    Correct Bandito, but I think the Commish's comment relates to the compensation thread rather than this one. The figure of interest to me is how many votes there were for 28 and how many for 30? 10 + 2. Think a couple may have reverted to 28 when they realised 30 was not going to make it.

6. TerryinBangkok

We have 66% of coaches voting for an increase in squad size. That is the required majority (just). Of this %, most favoured [span style='color: #ff0000;]28, so arrangements will be made in the MSD to accommodate the increased squad size. Delisting remains as is. Those coaches who voted against the increase are not bound to draft the extra players and you can continue with a 26 man squad should you so wish.

7. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

TerryinBangkok wrote:
    We have 66% of coaches voting for an increase in squad size. That is the required majority (just). Of this %, most favoured [span style='color: #ff0000;]28, so arrangements will be made in the MSD to accommodate the increased squad size. Delisting remains as is. Those coaches who voted against the increase are not bound to draft the extra players and you can continue with a 26 man squad should you so wish. Could we carry on with 26/27, and pick up the extra at the end of season draft?

8. TerryinBangkok

Fitzy wrote:
    TerryinBangkok wrote:
    We have 66% of coaches voting for an increase in squad size. That is the required majority (just). Of this %, most favoured [span style='color: #ff0000;]28, so arrangements will be made in the MSD to accommodate the increased squad size. Delisting remains as is. Those coaches who voted against the increase are not bound to draft the extra players and you can continue with a 26 man squad should you so wish. Could we carry on with 26/27, and pick up the extra at the end of season draft? You are welcome to Fitzy, but I am not too sure the other coaches will agree to your running an end of season draft.

9. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

TerryinBangkok wrote:
    Fitzy wrote:
    TerryinBangkok wrote:
    We have 66% of coaches voting for an increase in squad size. That is the required majority (just). Of this %, most favoured [span style='color: #ff0000;]28, so arrangements will be made in the MSD to accommodate the increased squad size. Delisting remains as is. Those coaches who voted against the increase are not bound to draft the extra players and you can continue with a 26 man squad should you so wish. Could we carry on with 26/27, and pick up the extra at the end of season draft? You are welcome to Fitzy, but I am not too sure the other coaches will agree to your running an end of season draft. Ha.... pre-season draft, whatever you want to call it :)

10. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Fitzy, you may as well pick up a cpl of players now, cause you can drop them and grab two new players at PSD time anyway

11. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

anthak wrote:
    Fitzy, you may as well pick up a cpl of players now, cause you can drop them and grab two new players at PSD time anyway Was more curious then considering it, remind me, is it compulsory to be at 22 before pre-season draft, or do just need to of delisted 6 by that time.

12. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

The way it was, was that you had to have a maximum of 22 players at start of PSD. Based on these recent changes where squad is increased to 28 and no extra forced delistments, everyone will need to have a max of 24 players entering PSD. How you cut down to the 24 is up to you - delist, trade etc

13. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

anthak wrote:
    The way it was, was that you had to have a maximum of 22 players at start of PSD. Based on these recent changes where squad is increased to 28 and no extra forced delistments, everyone will need to have a max of 24 players entering PSD. How you cut down to the 24 is up to you - delist, trade etc That is it.