Teams and Discussion Round 1

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by Len, Mar 23, 2016.

1. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

The two changes I detailed are reflected in the team that I recorded in this thread. I did that specifically because I was unable to make the two changes in ts leagues.

2. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

I'm sorry, but I have a world of real problems around me atm, is this the same as the team you have in tsleagues?
    If it isn't where was it stated that you couldn't update tsleagues to match it?
    The only reason I intervened for Lenny was that he had clearly posted in this thread what his team should be and he was then unable to make the required changes in tsleagues. Given for at least 12 hours tsleagues was in non-editable mode when it shouldn't have been this seemed a fair approach.

Is that your situation, if not what is?

Honestly right now, anyone with two fingers to type with is welcome to take this league over, way happier to sit on the sidelines and take potshots.

3. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

ok, checked it out- and that dunkley situation has effected the outcome of the game.

I've taken it upon myself to update the squad- cause you've posted it in here and there was a bug.

But in the future- let me know when stuff breaks!! I'm just a part time dude, who codes in his spare time. Sometimes there's bugs! Need them pointed out so that I can fix them (and the data said bugs cause!)

• Like Like x 3
  4. Len

Thank Les, appreciate your efforts as always

• Like Like x 2
  5. snoz

snoz Moderator

@walesy.......quick question, when I go into the TS Leagues tab & click on either ORFFA or ADDICTS, I can see the ladder updated and the round has clicked over to Round 2 - but how can you actually see the results of the earlier round? Obviously the first Rd I can figure it out, but shouldn't there be a toggle switch for 'Round View' on the schedule in the right ?

@dmandrews - Was it ever determined what we coaches need to do for the Rising Star votes?

• Like Like x 1
  6. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

Thank you walesy and Len for your understanding. Also a big thank you to Jen for your patience in a close scoring game. You said in a thread that you hoped to build a top side, from close, personal observation the build is going well.

• Like Like x 2
  7. That KI Guy

That KI Guy Moderator Staff Member

Bear with me on the review people. A bit of effort to interrogate everyone's scores and players fielded. Walesy is working on the match up scoring and round to round toggling for next week.

• Like Like x 1
  8. walesy

Yep, it's on it's way this week. :D

9. walesy

Sorry about that mate- will be better next week!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

Thanks Graeme, I can only hope for a few more wins than last year and just keep building on my team and making it even more competitive

• Like Like x 4
  11. jimbowan

jimbowan Well-Known Member

Swan out for the season.
    Hodge reportedly may have broken his arm.
    Going to be a long year at IK! Glad I kept all my midfield depth!

• Like Like x 2
  12. Len

That is shit luck mate, if you lose another 4 or 5 of your best 15 I might even catch you :p

• Like Like x 2
  13. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Bear is helping you write the review? I'd like to see that.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

Sorry I'm going to rain on the parade here.

I was another one who didn't get a save to stick... I took it on the chin.

We were very clear that if it doesn't get in its stiff shit.

This is nothing against Lenny and my Chel$ki loving mate, but I really think there should be a no tolerance policy.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Len

Agreed, as of this week there is.
    The team in tsleagues is the one that will be scored, there will no longer be exceptions, barring definitively and verified site issues.

• Like Like x 2
  16. dmandrews

dmandrews Well-Known Member

@dmandrews - Was it ever determined what we coaches need to do for the Rising Star votes?[/QUOTE]

We should be all good to use the stats automation for the Rising Star scores in 2016. In case there are any bugs ORFFA coaches should still have a look at the ORFFA top 10 Rising Star scores in the TSLeagues each round for the first 3 or 4 rounds to make sure that none of their players that should be on the list are missing. Will need to check with Les regarding the tracking of TOG%.

• Like Like x 1
  17. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

what about the final vote, DMA?
    Should we still do one for 2015 too?

18. snoz

snoz Moderator

Thanks @dmandrews :)

Just double checking on the criteria for eligibility: Younger than 21, played 10 games or fewer ?

(And I'm assuming that the RS & Les W ladders showing on the TSL page are just showing the top 10 of a looooooong list ?)

Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
  19. walesy

yep and yep.

20. dmandrews

dmandrews Well-Known Member

Yes I will be posting spreadsheets of Rising Star scores for 2015 like I did for 2014 but needed to check that the scores are accurate. After working with @walesy I am now confident that we have got accurate scores, so I can now add the TOG% for the Rising Stars spreadsheet, I hope to post the info from the spreadsheets in the 2015 Rising Star thread sometime next week. It is a busy time writing for Milestones and misses at the moment, having published two articles last weekend and am publishing an article to celebrate Nick Riewoldt's 300th game this weekend.

Apologies for the delay in 2015 Rising Star and Les W medal articles, however it is going to be easier to do things in a timely fashion during 2016 with the stats automation. Once I have posted the 2015 Rising Star stats I will give all the ORFFA coaches about three weeks to submit their 5,4,3,2,1 votes.

• Like Like x 2