The cash value of trading in Curnow for Bewick

Discussion in 'AFL' started by richiepee, Apr 7, 2011.

1. spud

spud New Member

How would peoples opinion on Curnow change if he was listed as the sub before the start of the game and therefore before lockout?

Would you still be tempted to jump on him?
    Would you re-evaluate his worth?
    Or would you make your way to the G and tell Rats what you think of him?

2. spud

spud New Member

I tend to agree with what Lucas said regarding the Roos.

They haven't won a game yet so it's hard to judge Atleys scoring potential.

No one is going to score well when the side is thumped for 4 quarters, so that leaves his round1 score to analyse. It was a close match against the Eagles, his first afl game and it was no doubt more of a chance for him to find his feet and experience the pace of the game more than anything. Having to travel all the way to WA first up and play in front of a hostile interstate crowd, not to mention the desert-like conditions that day, isn't the ideal situation for a kid to be learning the game in.

Having the bye this week is a shame as it will put him a week behind in terms of price rises compared to a few others. The next four games are against Freo (again in WA, he will know the ground a bit better), Richmond and Port at etihad, Geelong at skilled, then Brisbane up north. Rounds 5,6 & 8 are all winnable matches for the roos and he should be starting to feel comfortable by then and may start to score well.

Over the same period, Curnow will have Collingwood(3), Essendon(4), Adelaide in Melb.(5), Sydney at SCG (6), StKilda(7) and round8 bye. None of those games are easy and depending on how the dice rolls, the blues could well find themselves winless over that period - I'm not suggesting they will, but none of those teams are 'free points'. If the Blues do lose a couple in a row, changes could well be made.

3. GeneralHodge

GeneralHodge New Member

That's also been on my mind Spud. If Curnow is named a sub which I don't think he will but if he is I honestly don't know if I should bring him in or not. I already have Libba and Tappy from the start.

4. hippy

hippy New Member

Cheers whippy. That's what my head tells me. As much as the easy cash is sorely tempting, don't waste a trade on Curnow if you don't have to.

Like spud said, Curnow could be listed as a sub and they've got some tough games coming up.

5. Matty_C

Matty_C New Member

Curnow being named as the sub or not is going to decide whether or not he makes my team. If he is the sub tonight I'm gonna hold, if he's not then Hibberd makes way. Interesting to note that in an article in the HUN today Curnow said he was lucky to not be the sub in the first game as he was used as the sub in all of his practice matches...I hope his form will persuade Ratts to think otherwise for atleast a few more weeks.

6. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Where do you guys find out who is the sub for the night? On afl website? I've heard its been a bit slow at updating. A bit after 6 then? 90 mins before would mean 6.10pm?

7. @ Nick

90 min before would be 5.30 wouldn't it?
    I thought it was 40 min so I'd try at about 6.30

8. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

The game starts at 7.40pm yeah? 90mins before that time is 6.10pm (1.5hours before).

Am I missing something here?

9. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Game starts at 7:50pm, was shifted 10 mins later to appease Ch7 at their request.

10. Corks

Corks Member

At 7:45 I will still be umming and aarrring between Irons, Bewick and Curnow. Currently got Irons and Bewick, want Curnow, but not sure which one, if either, to dump.

These decisions are just way too hard. Give me something easy, like solving World Hunger.