The DT Suicide Leauge...

Discussion in 'AFL' started by sean, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Tino

Tino Member

1077/9!

I only wish my SC was looking this healthy...

2. torcida

torcida Member

1824/18 better than me other team lol

3. Ryhmesayers

Ryhmesayers New Member

1981 all up. forgot to set a captain as well. just scraped in for the win by about 50 points i think.

4. sean

sean New Member

1853 odd and forgot a captain - not far off my proper team with a captain - god I'm an idiot.

At least I have some trades up my sleeve :)

Allright folks - All Trades! All The Time!

5. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Jack was the SUB!!!! So much for good POD (said me) :(

6. torcida

torcida Member

good luck next time sainter -cant say good luck this week u r playin mighty cats

7. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

Well, looks like i'm off to a slow start, Roughy injury & a couple of poor bench selections resulted in a close loss - but it was damn good watching the live scores & hoping against hope that i'd sneak through - not to be though!!!

And i'll definitely have to lift my game for next weeks match-up as well - but my team managed to do almost as good as my main DT which is only 2 short of being fully upgraded - go figure!!!

To make matters worse for me, my housemate who also joined the league (Nicky's Knockouts), done much better than me with a pretty good score & a win - she said last night that it proves she does listen to things I say when i've been on here at TS!!!

Looking forward to the rest of the season now to see how much I can improve.

8. Shenanigans

Shenanigans New Member

one word - Mundy.

9. Tino

Tino Member

Hard Ticket looking good but the coach is disappointed at Joel Selwood.

Who would have thought that he would be my first out trade!

10. sean

sean New Member

Looks like some cracker games ahead this weekend!

11. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Oh man, was so caught up in my SC this week with my midfield falling apart I forgot to check my DT :O!
    Saying that I have no Pies players, it would've been a different story if I had the likes of Krakouer, Swan, Pendles, Shaw......

G.Johncock = 77
    S.Thompson = 116
    R.Griffen = 104
    Not bad 297 from 3,if only Johncock got 110.
    My opponent Northen Newbies has Petrie Captain, I figure that he forgot to check this too, and kept him smokie from last week vs GC!? I don't think he'll have a ripper against Dons, with Ryder, Bellchambers in ruck to cover him andHooker and Pears down back. I hope there are some close games this weekend

12. Sainter

Sainter New Member

And I'm hoping Hodge & Rioli run riot vs. GC

13. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Hmmmm, looks like i've become an easy opponent in The Suicide League..... Stupid trades here I come :(

14. Bearfly

Not a bad week for TS DT Suicide League teams, ended up with 3 teams in the Top 300 for R13 - Black Cats =75th, Nicky's Knockouts =154th, Last Chancers =265th - well done, keep it up :)

15. Sainter

Sainter New Member

My DT score was the same as my SC score, not good, I normally think that DT should be lower, correct? if so, it's either my DT is awesome (unlikely) or my SC needs help (Little Master this week, H.Shaw next week....that should do it ;))

16. Kel

Kel Moderator

@ Bearfly - That 75th was with a 0 in the backline as well! I'm sure Matt Austin had the green light on him on Friday. Oh well what could have been. 2 more trades this week :).

17. Bearfly

@ Kel - well that makes it an even more meritorious effort from your team then :)

Looks like the Black Cats & the Knockouts are the teams to beat in the league!!!

I might have to pull a few left-field trades over the next couple of rounds to try & get myself back in the hunt - started off on the back foot with a narrow loss in our first round!!!

What's really getting to me though is Nicky's Knockouts is my housemates team & i've been teaching her how to play DT & SC this season - sure has backfired on me though considering how well she is performing in this league, plus she pulled out a strong 2488 with her SC team in the "Benefit of Hindsight" league which placed her at 28th for the round!!!

Maybe i'm teaching her to well!!!

18. Kel

Kel Moderator

@ Bearfly - Pretty stoked to see the result tbh. Had a high round finish in SC last year but otherwise my best result. Also missed selecting a captain in the first week, although still would have lost league game by a few points.
    Sounds like the student is taking over from the master with the Knockouts.
    My theory with selecting this team was to look at the BE's and select the best available team from those with low BE's. Seems to have worked so far. Am planning to do the same with the trades each week, take the best available with a low BE.

19. Sainter

Sainter New Member

@Bearfly
    Same thing happens to me, sometimes though we give advice which we think are good/are good, yet we don't use them ourselves.......

20. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Hmmm, as i'm more passionate about SC, i'm always spending the last hour or so before LOCKOUT on SC, so there I was, on SC, and logged onto DT this morning, and found I had Pavlich on the bench & I.Smith on bench. 138 from I.Smith will be missed, and I need to check DT every Friday to make sure Pavlich is on my field ! :D , I aint too happy, another loss for me...