The Far Kew Issue

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by Len, Feb 20, 2013.

1. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Trust me, there'd be no sweetheart deals. I'd be more likely to pay overs if there was any trade interest in Jen's players! :)Happy to hear of the support as well from everyone. Jen's at work right now and can't access TS, but was around last night briefly when we got word there might be a team for her to take over.She's looking forward to taking part if the thumbs up is given.

2. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

9 votes for yes so far (assuming Chris is a yes :) )

3. bama

bama Active Member

Far Kew's (or what ever they are called now) next pick is 43, let's get this ratified by then so Jen can take the next pick and start molding her team.
    TiB make it happen!

4. G-Train

G-Train Member

So Jen is currently a poster with a user name?

5. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

we havent agreed on what quorum should be, but my vote is I dont care who gets the gig... as long as they agree to join our supercoach league, submit a ORFFA team each week, and possibly participate in any brownlow voting expectations that are set as well.

6. chris88

Philosoraptor wrote:
    So Jen is currently a poster with a user name? Yes mate, she is. Though she hasn't posted much - more been in the chats during the football season - sometimes signed in as herself, sometimes under my name

7. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

bama wrote:
    Far Kew's (or what ever they are called now) next pick is 43, let's get this ratified by then so Jen can take the next pick and start molding her team. TiB make it happen! Do they have boxes on Cradle Mountain? To date, we have only heard from Chris and we have not heard from Jen. Hence P'raps astute question, which has still not been fully addressed. Not being able to access TS from work is only a slight cause for concern, because there are plenty of workarounds. However, I for one would like to see Jen as a new coach in her own right - not with Chris acting as proxy because Jen is at work or whatever other reason. I have tasked BB with undertaking the Frogs draft and I expect him to continue to do so. Once beyond #43, perhaps there will be sufficient time before #61 for a transition to Jen. But, gentlemen, at this point in time Jen has had no direct contact with either myself or the deputies so I cannot make any transition at this time. No doubt all of that will change dramatically over the next 24hrs. If BB had volunteered to make my selections in this draft, I would have gladly let him do so. After sending a hit man around to Bandit's doorstep. There is also the question of Jen having a free league available in order to sign on for the ORFFA SC league, which I don't think has been resolved as yet. Patience people.

8. TerryinBangkok

Philosoraptor wrote:
    So Jen is currently a poster with a user name? And signature?

9. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

TerryinBangkok wrote:
    bama wrote:
    Far Kew's (or what ever they are called now) next pick is 43, let's get this ratified by then so Jen can take the next pick and start molding her team. TiB make it happen! Do they have boxes on Cradle Mountain? To date, we have only heard from Chris and we have not heard from Jen. Hence P'raps astute question, which has still not been fully addressed. Not being able to access TS from work is only a slight cause for concern, because there are plenty of workarounds. However, I for one would like to see Jen as a new coach in her own right - not with Chris acting as proxy because Jen is at work or whatever other reason. I have tasked BB with undertaking the Frogs draft and I expect him to continue to do so. Once beyond #43, perhaps there will be sufficient time before #61 for a transition to Jen. But, gentlemen, at this point in time Jen has had no direct contact with either myself or the deputies so I cannot make any transition at this time. No doubt all of that will change dramatically over the next 24hrs. If BB had volunteered to make my selections in this draft, I would have gladly let him do so. After sending a hit man around to Bandit's doorstep. There is also the question of Jen having a free league available in order to sign on for the ORFFA SC league, which I don't think has been resolved as yet. Patience people. For me this is key Chris, we want 18 coaches participating, hopefully now as the sun vanished over the yard-arm Jen can start to post in her own right. To be fair, much of the talk about her doing so only started after she apparently was in place where access is not possible, we have a few that this happens to daily and like TiB I don't see that as the problem.
    Hmm, that didn't show up too well, by 'this' I meant the underlined bit

10. TerryinBangkok

Yeah Chris, buy Jen a 5G iPad with wifi.

11. TerryinBangkok

Jen is here already? /Portals/0/User%20Images/miss%20piggy.jpg

12. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

+1 to majority... Haha, as long as the coach enters a team every week im happy, if they participate in forums even better, and if they trade, then get them in ASAP

13. Len

Fitzy wrote:
    +1 to majority... Haha, as long as the coach enters a team every week im happy, if they participate in forums even better, and if they trade, then get them in ASAP lol, no-one will ever own you at trade my man :)

14. dmandrews

dmandrews Well-Known Member

I agree that Jen should take overORFFA team Far Kew.

15. Lenny120

Lenny120 Well-Known Member

Fitzy wrote:+1 to majority... Haha, as long as the coach enters a team every week im happy, if they participate in forums even better, and if they trade, then get them in ASAP +1

16. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

TerryinBangkok wrote: bama wrote: Far Kew's (or what ever they are called now) next pick is 43, let's get this ratified by then so Jen can take the next pick and start molding her team. TiB make it happen! Do they have boxes on Cradle Mountain? To date, we have only heard from Chris and we have not heard from Jen. Hence P'raps astute question, which has still not been fully addressed. Not being able to access TS from work is only a slight cause for concern, because there are plenty of workarounds. However, I for one would like to see Jen as a new coach in her own right - not with Chris acting as proxy because Jen is at work or whatever other reason. I have tasked BB with undertaking the Frogs draft and I expect him to continue to do so. Once beyond #43, perhaps there will be sufficient time before #61 for a transition to Jen. But, gentlemen, at this point in time Jen has had no direct contact with either myself or the deputies so I cannot make any transition at this time. No doubt all of that will change dramatically over the next 24hrs. If BB had volunteered to make my selections in this draft, I would have gladly let him do so. After sending a hit man around to Bandit's doorstep. There is also the question of Jen having a free league available in order to sign on for the ORFFA SC league, which I don't think has been resolved as yet. Patience people. Just thought that I would let you know that I do have a free SC league

17. TerryinBangkok

Jolcon/JC please do the needful and send Jen the code. No need to wait on this one.

18. J_C

J_C Guest

TerryinBangkok wrote:
    Jolcon/JC please do the needful and send Jen the code. No need to wait on this one. Will do.

19. chris88

Just from the draft thread: Lenh191 wrote: Some developments overnight in regard to the team from Far Kew and the ruminations of our Commish. The decision is that BlueBeliever should continue to pick in the draft for FK, up to and including pick #111 as stated a number of times. Unless something goes awry between now and then[span style='font-size: 14px; line-height: 1.3;]Jen will be given control of the team at that point, and she has been granted the right to delist 2 additional players, she will take those final replacement picks as picks # 112 and 113. Jen has given me the names of the two players she is delisting, these should be considered in the pool effective from when the call was made so bama please let us know asap if you want to change your last pick. The players are Ashton Hams (WCE) & Travis Colyer (Ess). The timing & conditions of the handover are reflective of considerable discussion and are designed to ensure maximum fairness to all in a difficult environment, feel free to discuss in the relevant thread, this post is to confirm the conditions for theremainderof the draft.. So just to confirm, the new owner of the former Far Kew Frogs is delisting two players, and getting two extra picks at the end of the draft, because she wasn't able to take over the team until later than our other two new franchise owners? Is that why BB is continuing to pick until pick 111?

20. Len

There are many reasons Chris, not the least is that team didn't actually de-list, nor participate in trade.