The Far Kew Issue

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by Len, Feb 20, 2013.

1. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Cool Len. Just more for clarification than anything. If the extra picks are at the end of the draft, everyone else has picked, so no-one is missing out on anyone they may have wanted.

2. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

All fair and reasonable as far as I am concerned. [​IMG]

3. bama

bama Active Member

I'm sorry but I don't understand the decision to keep BB making the selections on Jen's behalf?
    If she has been granted permission to take over the team this year and into the future surely it is her right to now start making selections for the team and put in players she wants for this season and the future.
    This seems likebureaucraticbullshit gone mad, for christ sake it's supercoach not the UN

4. chris88

Bama - I'd reckon that Jen will be in touch with BB anyway to sort through some prospects. I would think (and I am only guessing here, I have no inside knowledge on this) that maybe the powers that be felt BB might be more au fait with the draft pool and available talent than Jen.

5. bama

bama Active Member

Chris, sorry mate that is bullshit. If Jen can't select her own players, which I am sure she can and do it well, well then why allow her into the league? What's going to happen at the next draft and trade period are we going to get someone in to oversee her team?
    We have stated many times that the best part of this thing is the drafting of YOUR team and that is why we also got a new owner quickly so they could start selecting there OWN team, at least that's what I though.
    I really can't see the logic in this it seems like some grand standing.

6. G-Train

G-Train Member

bama wrote:
    I'm sorry but I don't understand the decision to keep BB making the selections on Jen's behalf?
    If she has been granted permission to take over the team this year and into the future surely it is her right to now start making selections for the team and put in players she wants for this season and the future.
    This seems likebureaucraticbullshit gone mad, for christ sake it's supercoach not the UN Has she been granted permission yet?

7. bama

bama Active Member

Philosoraptor wrote: Has she been granted permission yet? Yes she has as far as i'm aware. She has been granted permission to delist 2 more players of her choice and given the code to the ORFFA supercoach league. So i'm guessing she is in.

8. G-Train

G-Train Member

I'm pretty easy about it, we elected TiB as he was known to be fair and reasonable and I trust he is making the right call based on the information he has.

9. chris88

bama wrote:
    Chris, sorry mate that is bullshit. If Jen can't select her own players, which I am sure she can and do it well, well then why allow her into the league? What's going to happen at the next draft and trade period are we going to get someone in to oversee her team? We have stated many times that the best part of this thing is the drafting of YOUR team and that is why we also got a new owner quickly so they could start selecting there OWN team, at least that's what I though. I really can't see the logic in this it seems like some grand standing. Fair points Bama. I agree with P'rap in that I trust TiB and Lenh's judgement on issues like these. That said the reasoning of having BB continue to select the team would be something that (if I may venture) could be explained.

10. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Jen & Terry have to my knowledge exchanged one PM. We are progressing on the very likely assumption that Jen takes over the team. This solution allows us to keep rolling without having to officially sanction anything in a hurry. The team did not de-list pre-season, it is fair to the rest of the teams that it does now and those players be listed. There are at least another 1/2 dozen thoughts and feelings exchanged that I do not feel the right or the desire to lay bare here & now. None of us likebureaucracyfor it's own sake, despite what may be read into what has been stated, it is not being applied here. I am not Terry, but I support the approach and had a hand in some part of the design.

11. bama

bama Active Member

Okay Len so Jen hasn't been 'officially' given the team yet? Are you and Terry still sifting through the numerous applications vying for it? Why was Jen given the Supercoach league code if she isn't 'officially' the new team owner? Why was she allowed to choose 2 players to delist if she isn't 'officially' the new team owner?
    Mate this is a supercoach league on a website where we are suppose to have some fun, Jen is doing US a favour by taking over a team on the eve of the season which would have had the potential to stuff things up for the year. I personally think the least we can do is allow her to choose the rest of the players in the team she will carry forward.
    If she isn't given the team I will retract all of this but I bet she is.
    If the AFL commission has any vacancies in the future I know who should fill the spots!
    I think I have said enough on this subject and stated my opinion I will leave it at that and let the POWERS that be decide what is FAIR and reasonable.

12. chris88

bama wrote:
    Okay Len so Jen hasn't been 'officially' given the team yet? Are you and Terry still sifting through the numerous applications vying for it? Why was Jen given the Supercoach league code if she isn't 'officially' the new team owner? Why was she allowed to choose 2 players to delist if she isn't 'officially' the new team owner? Mate this is a supercoach league on a website where we are suppose to have some fun, Jen is doing US a favour by taking over a team on the eve of the season which would have had the potential to stuff things up for the year. I personally think the least we can do is allow her to choose the rest of the players in the team she will carry forward. If she isn't given the team I will retract all of this but I bet she is. If the AFL commission has any vacancies in the future I know who should fill the spots! I think I have said enough on this subject and stated my opinion I will leave it at that and let the POWERS that be decide what is FAIR and reasonable. Again I find myself agreeing with you Bama. I find it mystifying as to why Jen can't select her own players. BB is doing a power of work and has done well - and I am sure Jen and him will have a talk perhaps to sort out draft picks upcoming. Given that, having Jen state preferences to BB who then makes the picks, as opposed to Jen just taking her own picks based on her own preferences, strikes me as a roundabout way to do things. If there's solid logic behind this decision, then fine. Again I'll say that our commish and Lenh have run various processes very well and I have confidence they'll run this one well as well. But from my perspective it seems like we've half-given the team to Jen, but are just 'hedging our bets' in case something else happens or comes along. Is there something holding up having Jen take over the team fully? That's my perspective and 2c worth. I'll say it now, get it out in the open and leave it at that so that my position is on the record, and then return and continue with the draft process.

13. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Ok, so, just to be 100% clear on where I am at on this.
    I have not seen Terry announce a new owner for Far Kew.[span style='font-size: 14px; line-height: 1.3;]Once he has that owner can do what they like with the team.
    I am not sure I understand the angst.

14. J_C

J_C Guest

Lenh191 wrote:
    Ok, so, just to be 100% clear on where I am at on this.
    I have not seen Terry announce a new owner for Far Kew.[span style='font-size: 14px; line-height: 1.3;]Once he has that owner can do what they like with the team.
    I am not sure I understand the angst. +1

15. bama

bama Active Member

'The decision is that BlueBeliever should continue to pick in the draft for FK, up to and including pick #111 as stated a number of times. Unless something goes awry between now and thenJen will be given control of the team at that point, and she has been granted the right to delist 2 additional players, she will take those final replacement picks as picks # 112 and 113'

16. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

I have just been reading the thread and I thought that I should say something, since it does concern me. Yes, I have been given the code for the SC League and have joined, I have not officially been given the team but yes I was able to delist 2 players, which I have also done. BB will be doing the last two draft picks, 61 and 111 and I will pick 112 and 113. I understand were TiB and Lenh are coming from, they need to be sure that I am 100% committed to taking over this team and I am.

17. bama

bama Active Member

Jen wrote:
    I have just been reading the thread and I thought that I should say something, since it does concern me. Yes, I have been given the code for the SC League and have joined, I have not officially been given the team but yes I was able to delist 2 players, which I have also done. BB will be doing the last two draft picks, 61 and 111 and I will pick 112 and 113. I understand were TiB and Lenh are coming from, they need to be sure that I am 100% committed to taking over this team and I am. Hi Jen and welcome aboard.
    If your happy with the arrangements then so be it, all good.
    I wish you stated this earlier though before I went on my rants, lol

18. chris88

Wouldn't say they were rants Bama - reckon a couple of questions from fellow coaches can be asked ... geez, I'm asking the same ones!

19. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

bama wrote: Jen wrote: I have just been reading the thread and I thought that I should say something, since it does concern me. Yes, I have been given the code for the SC League and have joined, I have not officially been given the team but yes I was able to delist 2 players, which I have also done. BB will be doing the last two draft picks, 61 and 111 and I will pick 112 and 113. I understand were TiB and Lenh are coming from, they need to be sure that I am 100% committed to taking over this team and I am. Hi Jen and welcome aboard. If your happy with the arrangements then so be it, all good. I wish you stated this earlier though before I went on my rants, lol Sorry Bama I didn't see it until I came back from playgroup. I do appreciate what you were saying though.

20. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Given the views of the majority of coaches, I think we can put the Kew in the rack and handover the vacant franchise to Jen. Welcome!