The Gurus2 - SC Draft League

Discussion in 'Leagues' started by ORFFWizard, Mar 17, 2016.

Tags:
  1. ORFFWizard

ORFFWizard Active Member

Just looking at his team now. He has Roughy up FWD on LTI and Ben Reid in backline a bit iffy.
    Those 3 mids of Ebert, Rischitelli and Shaun Grigg just have to go. At least two of them. I think trying to trade a Hodge orThompson to another club for a defender is the right move actually to get a quality defender but finding the right team for that trade will be the challenge.

2. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

Indeed, it will be a challenge. Missing the draft puts you on the back foot pretty hard!!

3. Senator96

Senator96 Active Member

Hi guys, just found this thread, very interesting read and good to see the draft log was saved. I am All the King's Men in the draft league I'll post up my tale of the draft shortly. Was an interesting draft and always a big advantage to be participating in the live draft otherwise you do risk getting lumbered with all the mids.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ORFFWizard

ORFFWizard Active Member

Tears of joy ? :D

5. ORFFWizard

ORFFWizard Active Member

Rory Lobb says up yours to me by saying "Where is your precious Vardy?" and here's my 100 for having the audacity to dis me after you drafted me.

6. Senator96

Senator96 Active Member

Okay, jumping in my timemachine/hsv senator to draft night... I took a while on my first pick as was expecting to snap up tom rockliff at no.7 but he was taken the pick before me and i thought to myself i hope this isnt going to be what happens all night! Fortunetly after that i dont think it did too often. In the end opted for montagna for my first pick as a forward so hopefully that pays off. Was vey happy when boyd the no.2 defender was still on the table for my 4th pick. He'll miss the odd game here and there for resting but doesnt matter so much in draft with the bench cover. Down back i got some def/mids rich that is supposed to be moving back to the midfield this year and matt rosa who i heard rocket say during the nab is set to play on the wing. Was surprised that josh gibson was ignored as others below him on average went so he was another that i was happy to snap up about mid draft. He has the ability to go very big as the hawks look to free him up. Suckling at F5 and he can play forward or back and hopefully be used on the wing by the dogs this year (and no vests)

With about half the teams not participating that tends to mean the 'ghost ships' keep taking all the midfielders and draft night was no exception so i picked jack steven and dylan shiel as my two best mids before i had filled the other lines. Steven was i think the number 1 mid in DT scoring last year so hopefully that can start translating to SC this year. Sam gray is another ball magnet at the power and stevie j is stevie j. Later in the draft you really had to sift through the rubble trying to find some diamonds in the rough in the midfield as it had been mauled by the auto picks. I punted on ryan griffen who was the no 2 or 3 in SC a couple of years ago but was surprisingly a bit down at his first year at GWS last year. Was happy to get levi greenwood that was also a bit down due to injury last year but should do a 100 point role in the team, whitfield is a number 1 draft pick so would expect his already decent average to climb and i snared matthew stokes very late in the draft and he got 28 touches in his only nab game so that may be indication. When there was a run on the rucks early with goldstein, martin and jacobs going in the first round i took nic nat but in SC draft where there is only one ruck posistion there are plenty to go around so i wasnt expecting that to happen until a little later. I'm probably one premium mid short of what i would ideally like as prefer not to play the mpps in there but any holes can be filled from free agency picks. I managed to pick up hickey, lambert and langford through free agency to strengthen the bench. Looking forward to the head to heads getting underway and there are some strong teams in the league which is good.

7. ORFFWizard

ORFFWizard Active Member

Getting some email which assume from this league.
    Email made no sense.
    Was calling this a keeper league.
    I thought I played in some singular season one here last year.
    How that became keeper has got me stuffed understanding.
    Don't remember anything like that.