The Jobe Saga

Discussion in 'AFL' started by clackerz, May 19, 2011.

1. whips

whips New Member

@ crew
    What will you do?
    I'm intrigued by this whole thread.

2. JoshyC

JoshyC Well-Known Member

i have had him since the start - he was a lock early in the pre-season for me. i have been rotating the captiaincy between him and pendles for most of the year. he has to go and would love it to be yabs but he will whave to wait. do i go boyd? i am leaning towards hodge, not just becauise he is cheap but because he looked fantastic against the saints (except for one shot at goal from about 55 out) either that or its a downgrade this week (smith or hibberd) and have another look at hodge, then go bang bang next week with yablett and hodge, then swan and boyd the week after - mids done.

3. JoshyC

JoshyC Well-Known Member

jude bolton is another on the radar...great pod and is averaging 115 @ $435K

4. Bucko

Bucko Active Member

Simple decision, whats in the past is in the past. 3-4 weeks out, bye round 24 - Out he goes!

Rioli is the big decision this week.

5. clackerz

clackerz Member

Sure sounds like a simple decision....
    I think I'll stick with my original move this week and watch the news on Watto
    with Swallow/Harris OUT I.Smith/Mundy IN

6. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Surely if Rioli is named he is straight in?

Surely Rioli will be named?!? I will cry if he isn't.

Trading out Watto would also depend on how many trades you have left. A few up your sleeve and you could maybe hold him (if going for leagues).

7. TopHeavy

TopHeavy Member

Based on going for league:
    If trades are at a low, like my 14, I'd hang on to him. Trade him out round 23. In a coupe of weeks you'll have Mundy and Watson. Not one or the other.
    I wouldn't bother with Rioli either, he's inconsistent and injury prone.

8. Ruddy

Ruddy New Member

If you have to use a trade to get rid of him later, why not do it now, and earn yourself the next 4 or so weeks of 115+ scoring?

9. TopHeavy

TopHeavy Member

imo it depends if you are doing a straight swap. id rather ug swallow -> hodge and bring watson back in a couple of weeks. thus have an extra premium.

10. Fez

Fez Moderator

Nick surely u mean the other way around??

11. Zander

Zander Moderator

I traded Watson in after the Selwood incident in Rd1. Stupid me...
    I was always going to trade him out, closer to rd24, but my plan for the next two weeks was for a double trade, up and down. The timing of trading Watson out this week screws up my whole trade schedule and I miss the cows I'm wanting to get. If I leave him on the bench for 2 weeks while I work my other trades, why not wait one more week til he's back playing and keep him til the end of the season? Knowing my luck if I trade him out this week, whoever I trade into will get injured in 3 or 4 weeks anyway, wasting yet another trade and missing my cows? I'm very confident of finishing in the top 4 of my cash league either way.

12. whips

whips New Member

@Zander
    Trading out Watson shouldn't mess up your trading schedule.
    Instead of the upgrade, trade Watson for that premium (saves $).
    The next few weeks complete your up and down grades as normal.
    When Watson comes back, you won't have him.
    But you'll have money (saved $) in the bank for the best possible premium at that time. And the trade you use for this is the trade you were going to use to out Watson pre Rd 24.
    In the meantime, you've avoided wasting Watson on the pine for 2-3 (whatever) weeks.

13. Drifter74

Drifter74 New Member

Surely it comes down to your cover, and what trades you are making instead whilst benching Watson?

For example with MPP I can thrown one of my fwds in the midfield and have to play Petrie of the bench, and bench Watson.

Be not trading Watson it allows me to double trade out B.Smith to H.Shaw which saves me from playing a def. spud on the ground ie Thompson, Smith.

This is also a trade that cant be done next week due to their b/e's.

If I was playing a Bewick or Atley instead of Watson then it would be a different story.