The Opposite Experiment

Discussion in 'AFL' started by The_Swert, Mar 24, 2012.

1. The_Swert

The_Swert Active Member

This year i've decided to try something...

For the past month or two I have been carefully planning my team and countless times I have found myself in a 50-50 choice between two players to put in my side. Some of my decisions will not doubt be correct, but others will prove wrong. I will no doubt find myself saying, why didn't I do this? what would have happened if I did that instead?

So this year I'm going start what I call 'an opposite team'. Derived from my main supercoach team, it will attempt to feature all those 50-50 situation as if I had answered them in the opposite way. This way I can see what difference those decisions make.

I have set up a few rules for this:

1: I shall start with none of the players in my main team, that means premiums and rookies.

2: The structure shall remain fairly similar to my main team, as that was never a big decision, with the exception of the ruck structure which has been a contentious issue this year.

3: I can trade whenever I want, but cannot trade in the same player as my main team at the same time. I will have to search for alternative upgrades/downgrades.

4: Whilst my main team takes byes into consideration, this team will largely ignore them.

I shall aim to update you all on the scores and trades of both teams after each round to see the comparison. I won't reveal either team just yet though, I will wait until after round 1, neither is confirmed yet anyway.

Please let me know your thoughts and I hope you can follow this journey.

*Note this is not a real supercoach team, i don't want to be caught running a second team, so I shall run this only using a spreadsheet and will manually update scores and trades each week. Unless somebody has an easier way to simulate it?

2. fidelsfinger

fidelsfinger New Member

Get a relative or friend who has little interest to enter it,
    I made a shortlist for the sisters, ie:pick 4 or 5 of these 9 premiums & the other 4 or 5 from these 9 rookies, for each position, they just picked names they liked the sound of, lol, but it's from my short list so they can't go too wrong.
    you're allowed to advise them, if they're happy to let you call the shots it's all legal, as long as they're real people & not your pets heh & as long as you message them what to do, so they do it from their own pc's.
    I've sorted teams for 5 others this time, just as long as they enter themselves so not all coming from my i.p.