THE REAL ORFFA FINALS

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by TerryinBangkok, Aug 14, 2013.

1. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Review here for prelim finals - http://tooserious.net/forum/Blog/tabid/90/EntryId/1897/The-Winners-ORFFA-Preliminary-Finals-Review.aspx

2. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Birdsville go down in a close one. Playing without a coach for the first half probably cost them dearly. The Chooks, on the other hand, let the orange boy manage the team and they cruised home. Interesting that the GF does not feature an Ablett, Pendlebury or Swan. Says something about team balance.

3. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

4. J_C

J_C Guest

TerryinBangkok wrote:
    Birdsville go down in a close one. Playing without a coach for the first half probably cost them dearly. The Chooks, on the other hand, let the orange boy manage the team and they cruised home. Interesting that the GF does not feature an Ablett, Pendlebury or Swan. Says something about team balance. Actually, things were on track until the coach arrived! That's when Merrett got injured and Rich got tired and had a nap. :)

5. chris88

TerryinBangkok wrote:
    Birdsville go down in a close one. Playing without a coach for the first half probably cost them dearly. The Chooks, on the other hand, let the orange boy manage the team and they cruised home. Interesting that the GF does not feature an Ablett, Pendlebury or Swan. Says something about team balance. If anyone has a spare Ablett, Pendlebury or Swan laying around, feel free to direct them to Darraweit Guim - might need a couple of replacements this week if Edwards and Walters don't play.

6. chris88

Is this where we are putting the teams? At least three changes for each of the grand finalists by the looks. This could get interesting.

7. ChiefRussell

ChiefRussell Well-Known Member

FOUL BAY GRAND FINAL TEAM Ins: J.Thomas (good form), Ibbotson (finally back), Yarran (no other option) Outs: McLean (quad), Broughton (achilles), Johnson (only Ross knows) Def: D.Pearce, Ibbotson, Harwood, Yarran (Emg: McMahon) Mid: Dangerfield, J.Selwood, Liberatore, Kelly (Emg: Vince) Ruck: Mumford Fwd: Pavlich, Stokes, Bartel, Dahlhaus (Emg: Adams) I/C: Ja.Roughead, J.Thomas (Emg: Hawkins) Really disappointed about the loss of Michael Johnson as he has been the mainstay of my defence for the last two seasons. Getting Ibbotson back is some consolation, but the backline looks pretty thin. Injuries to McLean and Judd have robbed me of some depth (as has the fitness of Tommahawk) but I have 15 on the park so that is all that I can hope for really at this stage of the year. Good luck Chris, hopefully some 1400+ scores (and not injuries and subs) are the determining factor in the result.

8. chris88

Revised Darraweit Guim Team DEF: McKenzie, R Thompson Otten, Frawley (e - Kennedy) MID: Harvey, Cunnington, Foley, Seedsman (e - Cassisi) RUCK: Maric (e - D Tyson) FWD: Westhoff, Vickery, Walker, Betts (e - Bewick) I/C: B Hill, Rance In: Hill, R Thompson, Walker Out: Edwards (susp - you twit), Walters (inj), Newnes (inj) Three compulsory changes for Darraweit Guim. Edwards' suspension (in particular) and Newnes' unexpected injury have cut pretty deep. Walker coming back is handy - and I pray that Seedsman isn't sub. Feel that the team is really unbalanced but it's the best one that can go on the park. Best of luck Chief.

9. snoz

snoz Moderator

Good Luck boys.......

10. melbandy

melbandy Active Member

Good Luck to both teams.
    On paper looks a bit one sided but there are some awkward games and selections, so anything can happen.

11. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Good luck guys, hopefully the winner is decided by stellar scores and not injuries and sub vests..

12. Bandit

Lenh191 wrote:
    Good luck guys, hopefully the winner is decided by stellar scores and not injuries and sub vests.. Good luck lads, may the vests fall the right way so you all have players starting, and may the GF be full of twists and turns like a twisty-turny thing

13. chris88

Have updated my Grand Final team. Apologies to Dom Tyson - who has been told he has returned to the emergencies list. Greater things await for you in 2014 Dom. That said, with the rumours big Ivan might be rested Dom as ruck emergency might get a gig anyway.

14. Bandit

If he is anything like Derek Kickett it might be the last time he trains for the Blimps.

15. chris88

Impressive start from Chickens Roughead and Mummy, coasting to a 210 point lead on the back of 118 and 159 respectively. For the Blimps, Brad Hill did everything that was asked for to score 67 of the bench. But even this early, a gap as wide as this may prove tough for Darraweit to overcome ...

16. ChiefRussell

Ibbotson out. One short in the back line. Well and truly anyone's game. If anything you are favourites. Very hard to win with 14 players.
    P.S. I hate Ross Lyon

17. ChiefRussell

Probably should have picked an emergency that was not an emergency in his own team. Well, it would be a fitting end to my season that a boneheaded selection move will probably cost me the flag. Even half points from Jack Trengove was a smarter option than no points from Scott McMahon.
    IDIOT!

18. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

ChiefRussell wrote:
    Ibbotson out. One short in the back line. Well and truly anyone's game. If anything you are favourites. Very hard to win with 14 players.
    P.S. I hate Ross Lyon I loath the bastard, but for totally different reasons ;P Will certainly be a 50/50 game now

19. chris88

One thing I've learned along the journey is to never trust Ross Lyon when fantasy footy is in play. That's shit news Chief - we were just saying it'd be nice to have things go along with subs and withdrawals and injuries and that's exactly what happens. I've heard a couple of whispers that big Ivan might be rested tonight - Orren Stephenson is in so we may be 1-all on the late withdrawal front. Best of luck mate.

20. J_C

J_C Guest

Lenh191 wrote:
    ChiefRussell wrote:
    Ibbotson out. One short in the back line. Well and truly anyone's game. If anything you are favourites. Very hard to win with 14 players. P.S. I hate Ross Lyon I loath the bastard, but for totally different reasons ;P I'm on board with both of those sentiments. The Ibbotson and Mayne late outs have effectively ruined any chance I have to win GFs in two cash leagues. So f#ck you Ross Lyon.