THE REAL ORFFA FINALS

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by TerryinBangkok, Aug 14, 2013.

1. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Can you imagine how many fantasy footy finals, as well as cash leagues and leagues involving betting, are affected by this? I know that the game itself overrides many of these concerns, but it is a really poor look. Karma is giving Freo a kicking right now, and you never flirt with your form - I hope Freo have to venture down to Kardinia Park for a final to be honest - it'd be what that team deserves.

2. chris88

Sorry Tom Ledger -I should've given you a game this weekend .... Meanwhile, Walker goes to Westhoff -damn it! :)

3. chris88

560 from 5 players in the Cats Lions game Chief - you're home comfortably no matter what Ross Lyon might do.

4. ChiefRussell

ChiefRussell Well-Known Member

And less than 100 combined from my 2 Freo boys. Still up in the air I reckon!

5. chris88

610 points behind. 7 fewer players having played. That's a long way behind.

6. ChiefRussell

I have it currently as Foul Bay 1019/11 vs Darraweit 409/4 Would much rather be in your position Chris to mine. My lack of defensive emergency is going to lose me the flag. Has to be a bigger choke job than Stosur.

7. chris88

Just something I've noticed that has hit both of us, Cheif - the dead rubbers in the last round are fantasy death traps. Freo was a dead rubber today, your Freo pair did zippo. Richmond's game has ended up a dead rubber and the fantasy scoring is rotten. Yet the Port Carlton game, for example, the scoring was really good - ditto Geelong Brisbane. Dead rubbers are the fantasy Bermuda Triangle right now.

8. ChiefRussell

Score Update heading into Sunday: Foul Bay : 1150 + Liberatore + Dahlhaus + J.Thomas v Darraweit : 838 + T.McKenzie + R.Thompson + Frawley + B.Harvey + Cunnington + Seedsman Still well and truly anyone's game. Going to be a tense last day of the season.

9. graeme

graeme Guest

If Chief think it will be close, as opposed to he cannot win, then the outcome is clear.
    To me it is interesting to consider the difference between the sort of problems a coach has to endure - illness, suspension, injury - and the problems he creates himself - resting, rotation. He gets criticised (quite rightly) for the problems he creates and is granted some leeway for the ones visited on him. We have to bear both and many of the latter occur during our finals. Is there a better way to deal with this oddity?

10. chris88

Congrats Chief - can't beat a team where everyone (bar a couple) scores 85 or more. Too much class across the board, as was probably expected. I think my mob will crack 1300-1320, which is all I can ask of them. and the performances of Ledger and Hunter despite not playing give me plenty of optimism for my midfield's future.

11. ChiefRussell

ORFFA GRAND FINAL RESULTS Foul Bay Def: Pearce (42), Ibbotson (0), Harwood (82), Yarran (91) Mid: Dangerfield (131), Selwood (127), Liberatore (159), Kelly (82) Ruck: Mumford (159) Fwd: Pavlich (56), Stokes (106), Bartel (156), Dahlhaus (72) I/C: Roughead (118), Thomas (90) TOTAL: 1471 Darraweit Guim Def: McKenzie (73), Thompson (70), Otten (126), Frawley (59) Mid: Harvey (127), Cunnington (84), Foley (81),Seedsman (85) Ruck: Maric (68) Fwd: Harvey (132), Vickery (83), Walker (123), Betts (87) I/C: Hill (67), Rance (71) TOTAL: 1336 Congratulations to Chris on a fantastic season and for a few tense moments over the weekend. I know that you have your side geared more to the future than to the present so to make a grand final on the back of a wonderful finals series should be quite heartening. You will continue to be a formidable side in the coming years. To be honest my boys had their ups and downs this year, borne mainly out of some poor selection choices on my behalf. It was frustrating because I know I have drafted and traded quite well, but lost games mainly through over thinking things. I am glad that my players got it together in the finals with three consecutive 1400+ scores, particularly as some big name teams fell around me. Seems that I got the luck with me at the right time of the year. I would have liked to see how my team would have scored this week with a full 15 player team, it was the one week of the year where most players played their best games (3 scores over 150 and 6 over 115). Thanks to everyone for an enjoyable year, everyones contributions to the competition and I look forward to drafting and trading with you all in the off season :)

12. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Grats CR, deserved winners :) Grats to Chris on making GF, big effort from where you were!

13. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Well done CR! And same to Chris, was a good quality final; both a man down too.

14. snoz

snoz Moderator

Congrats to both CR & Chris on reaching the GF.....and to CR for taking out the title !! (lets put a bulls eye on his back now for next year)

15. graeme

graeme Guest

Congrats Chief, an excellent final series by your team - well done.
    Commiserations Chris, but as you noted the future of the franchise looks very bright and that is what every ORFFA coach would like for their team!

16. J_C

J_C Guest

Well done to both teams for their efforts this year and congrats to CR on taking the win. Well played. :)

17. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

Cracking job boys, and well done CR on the win... 1470 odd with a donut is a bloody impressive score!

18. grav

grav Guest

Well played guys, a tight grand final made great viewing. congrats on the back to back Chief, awesome score to finish off.

19. melbandy

melbandy Active Member

Congrats CR. Very tight contest. Always hard when you are hit with late wd's.

20. chris88

Bravo CR. the Ibbotson late out and doughnut made the scores a bit closer than what they should've been. I can actually take some pride in the fact that at some stage during the last quarter of the North/Collingwood game (also the first or second quarter of the Dogs/Demons game, I was in front - albeit briefly. But with Libba playing in the last game alongside Dahlhaus, all they really had to do is turn up! Really happy with my mob - 1340ish with three of my best 15 out is a really good effort. Hopefully the young guys can continue to play well next year. The fact Hunter got 115 and Ledger almost 100 in the best games of their careers (but didn't get on the park for the GF!!) makes me happy to be honest. I thought they both might be subs but their play was top notch in full games. Bodes well for next year. Onward and upward - trade period upcoming, lots of discussions to pursue and maybe the big changes that occurred in mid-year might be mirrored (at least in a slightly smaller way) in the coming weeks. Still got a couple of gaps in my list I do urgently need to fill. And a big thumbs up to everyone in the ORFFA this season. Really great. Reckon the second year has really cemented the league as a top notch one. I'll try to do a writeup for the grand final later on today. I've got some deadlines at work and perhaps prayers to say in the hope there might be some finals tickets left for me to purchase.