TiB vs Hornsy Temp

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TerryinBangkok, Jan 14, 2013.

1. tAdmin

tAdmin Guest

chels wrote:
    new direction? That implies there is a direction and was a direction. Is a free for all a direction? Yes.

2. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

/Portals/0/User%20Images/rumpole.gif And then we heard the voice of reason. And it was good. HM put out the call and our erudite resident in Bangkok answered in spades. With a summation that Horace Rumpole would have been proud of, Terry nailed the situation perfectly. Terry and I clearly share a similar care factor for the iUser and any issues they may face reading this thread. My phone has no delusions of grandeur and has no capability whatsoever of trying to display this forum. I've never felt inadequate as a result, to the point that I needed to wield a sceptre anyway. TerryinBangkok wrote: However, picking Jason as a target is clearly a tactical error. The man is upright, fothright and usually right, in addition to being our main source of cleavage. I actually laughed out loud on reading the quote above earlier tonight to the point that my wife wandered in to see what all the fuss was about. Which led to me extolling the virtues of a good red in Thailand and doing my best to skirt around the latter bit. Without much success on that front. But all is well that ends well, and while my wife now has a new appreciation of the goings on in this particular forum thread we can all rest assured that there will most certainly be more goings on well into the future. Amen. /Portals/0/User%20Images/Picard_shenanigans.jpg

3. HeavyMen

HeavyMen Well-Known Member

Chels, do they not start every sentence with a capital letter in the land of the great long cloud? :)
    Thought, as TiB often corrects my spelling,grammar& use of greater than 4 letter words - that I might try something akin to his wordliness(?) myself!
    PS I would still like some tips around Tour de Frog time - as I need a better class of bordello whilst on tour :)

4. graeme

graeme Guest

Grammatically speaking, you are correct HM. However, I could not bring myself to capitalise the first letters of a boy band whose main claim to fame seems to be that they have even less talent than other boy bands - perhaps this explains their popularity among the tone deaf? For no-one else could enjoy them.
    Happy to advise on the better bordellos on the Tour route amigo. One advantage of the better establishments is apparently (or so I have been advised) that the complimentary wine is superior. To the extent that, if you drink enough, the other services are cheaper than in an inferior establishment. Sort of like the argument for flying business rather than coach, or first class rather than business.
    be good all viva the revolution

5. HeavyMen

Thanks chels, so wine & women plus music supplied by non boy bands. I may not want to mount the bike! We also need TiB to clear all thoose bloody geese, ducks (whatever) of the road :)

6. graeme

graeme Guest

Seems to be some confusion here Heavy - if you sign up for my version of this year's Tour of France it is not bikes we will be mounting amigo.

7. HeavyMen

Speechless :)

8. Jason

HM, I trust you know what chels was referring to when he mentioned bordellos? Google is your friend.

9. graeme

graeme Guest

But, mon ami, we will of course play the game fantasy while - how you say - enjoying the flesh of young peaches.

10. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

I hope you remember to spit the pits out and please, don't feed the skins to my geese.

11. HeavyMen

In allseriousness(too) I have this very day purchased a used racing bike so that I can build slowly for this event.
    I intend to ride daily, (posteriorpermitting, man those racing bike seats are tough to get used to), in anendeavorto be faster than those fking geese!

12. HeavyMen

Posted twice, didn't realise I'd turned the 1st page on the way to the magical ton!

13. graeme

graeme Guest

Mmm, HM please say you didn't fall for the oldest trick in pre-used racing bike marketing - the seat being upside down?

14. HeavyMen

All good on that front chels, had some previous riding experience & can confirm the seat is in the correct position :)

15. Jason

If you should notice that the seat is getting a bit warm, it might be worth getting a second opinion there HM. /Portals/0/User%20Images/medium_iron-saddle.jpg

16. TerryinBangkok

Jason wrote: If you should notice that the seat is getting a bit warm, it might be worth getting a second opinion there HM. Noice. Is it autographed by Lance?

17. graeme

graeme Guest

not sure Big Lance Franklin is into the cycling scene per se TiB. If you have evidence of something different please advise - I think $618,000 is a little high amigo

18. HeavyMen

That's very funny Jas. Funny cause I was looking at some form of motorization myself but have in the end, left it as pure human pedal power. I'm not sure about Terry's geese though, it's a little suspicious how fast those little fkers are :)

19. TerryinBangkok

chels wrote:not sure Big Lance Franklin is into the cycling scene per se TiB.  If you have evidence of something different please advise - I think $618,000 is a little high amigo Strong arm tactics will not work with me, nor my geese.

20. Mayne2Mundy

Mayne2Mundy New Member

Everyone pissed off for the Australia Day long weekend?