Tom Bell

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Senator96, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Senator96

Senator96 Active Member

Okay i need to do one more downgrade trade this year either this week or next to boost the bank balance enough to complete my midfield and set me up for finals. Obviously at this time of the year its not to make money but to provide good bench coverage.

What do people think about bell will he keep getting games or is he just filling in? Dont really want to botch up the final downgrade trade as it would mean not having much cover during the finals as ive already got broughton on the pine gathering dust. good option or look elsewhere? can bring in a rookie down back or forward but not in the mids.

2. hippy

hippy New Member

I'm wondering the same thing. Casboult or Bell are on the radar.

Bell is scoring better but I didn't really notice him in the game I watched v Tiges so I can't gauge his performance. Casboult took some good grabs and jagged a goal or two I think. I'll probably take a risk on Casboult cause I've got more coverage up forward. If not him, I'd almost certainly risk Bell, cause I don't know if there'll be many other options coming up.

Who else is there?

3. malbi

malbi Member

Bell will get at least 2 more games. He has been really impressive so far. I'm not sure if he can hold his place when Judd and Simpson come back though. He'd be worth a punt.

4. turbo

turbo New Member

You might find out at selection tomorrow Senator.

With Simmo, Waite, Walker, Robbo all a chance to return this week it will be interesting to see who makes way.

I would imagine Casboult will go for Waite and, although I have liked the cut of Tommy Bell's jib, he may find it tough to keep his spot when Simmo and Robbo and then Judd return.

5. Senator96

Senator96 Active Member

cheers for that fellas, that was my concern but not many coming in this late in the season would have rock solid JS. Now that broughton is done for the year i'll have to decide whether to downgrade him to bell or upgrade to someone like waters instead....tough decisions!

6. don

don New Member

I've got exactly the same dilemma. Bell has done really well and my guess is he's done enough to play the next couple. He's similar to Robinson/Curnow/McLean so there may not be room for them all in the same team, particularly once Robinson and Judd return to the side.