TooSerious Rising Star Round 5 - Tommy Liberatore

Discussion in 'Blog' started by buxi14, Apr 27, 2011.

By buxi14 on Apr 27, 2011 at 10:00 AM
  1. buxi14

buxi14 New Member

Just a quick post for Rising Star. This week Tom Liberatore takes it out, but it was a close run thing, and considering it was his second improvement, its not always easy to succeed in these circumstances.

Indeed, now that we have largely got the "third game bubble" out of the majority of our players, we are starting to see experienced people who have got a real burst of form together in the Rising Star nominations for this week. They could still be decent value options worth considering so keep your eyes open.
    <!--more-->
    As for a quick spiel on "Libba", well we all know his dad squeaked in to win the 1990 Brownlow Medal (probably due to Kolynuiks goal over Graham Wrights head that year...), and with Tony being one of the shortest players in recent times, its interesting to note that Tom has developed from the mothers side on that one (presumably). What cant be questioned though, is Tommys love of the hard ball. That, for sure, is a trait passed down directly from Father to Son. I can see Liberatore being a current real smoky for the AFL Rising Star. Sure, there are the sexy players like Heppell and Swallow getting rave reviews, along with Ed Curnow, but Liberatore has earned a starting 18 spot in a team which has the deepest midfield rotation in the competition, and must be considered.

As for those enquiring about Dyson Heppell, the young gun still misses votes but hes still got a juicy BE of 8, so he might be there this week. The great news on Heppell is he keeps producing.

Finally, a shout out to my backup ruckman for this week Drew Petrie. I do the Legacy thing and Raise a Glass to you old son. A performance for the ages against the Tigers.

Votes for this week:
    5 - Tom Liberatore
    4 - Nathan Fyfe
    3 - Jed Adcock
    2 - Brandon Matera
    1 - Drew Petrie

Current Nominations: Curnow, Smith, Liberatore
    Current Votes:
    9 - Curnow, Liberatore
    5 - Smith
    4 - Fyfe
    3 - Savage, Duigan, Adcock
    2 - Tapscott, Harris, Matera
    1 - Heppell, Pittard, Petrie

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by buxi14, Apr 27, 2011.