TooSerious Supercoach Leagues

Discussion in 'AFL' started by soups, Feb 1, 2011.

1. jo

jo Moderator

Ahh... So pretty much the opposite of advertising it on the interwebs. Gotcha.. ;)

2. spud

spud New Member

Haha, in a nutshell :p

3. jrolfe

jrolfe New Member

im keen to front a bit, makes it interesting each week.

4. spud

spud New Member

If you have the misfortune of being put in the same league as PK, you might as well send the money straight to him. The bloke is a machine! Not a one-trick pony either unfortunately.

5. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Ive put my name forward for the donor league, but i would love to get into a cash league as well if anyone organises one on the side. Soups, Ill go and requ\\est you as a friend as soon as im done typing this. then i can pm you my email address.
    I would also want to join an official TS league when theyre organised.
    JoshyC, I remember you got everyones details at end of last season to see where people finished oa, in order to make leagues competitive. is that still happening?

Im not working now so this will be the first time I wont be in a work league for years. got a family one, and TS (and hopefully a $ league if one gets sorted) for the other 4.

6. DAZZLER

DAZZLER New Member

DAZZLER is happy to have a crack in one of the leagues..
    Not the right time for a Dodnor, if that is alright ??
    Very competetive type, that is a 22R stayer (most important)..

7. DAZZLER

DAZZLER New Member

Donor (oops)
    My Email = darryn37@yahoo.com.au

8. ExPrez

ExPrez Member

Bring on PK again. Had a great battle with him last year, got him worried enough to cut a deal with me which eventually fell through when I dropped out of the top two in our league :(

PK, if you're out there - I'm happy to put my $50 on the line again - are you? And Windy Hill Wizard if you're there also?

9. martyg

martyg Well-Known Member

Count me in!!! Where do we sign up?

10. Hendy

Hendy Member

Donor league count me in..
    Also Soups id like any league you can offer me. worst_of_all@hotmail.com

11. fryzie

fryzie New Member

<blockquote>Quote from jo on February 1, 2011, 22:29
    Just out of curiosity with the paid leagues.. no one here's a lawyer? </blockquote>

I have a law degree... Not quite a lawyer yet though, only an articled clerk.

http://www.vcgr.vic.gov.au/ CA256F800017E8D4/LicInfo/ DFE095B1544CE3EECA2577AD001E9DB5?Open

I'm not sure if Super Coach leagues will be classified under that footy tipping but I'd argue that it is :)

12. jo

jo Moderator

<blockquote>Quote from fryzie on February 2, 2011, 13:17

I have a law degree... Not quite a lawyer yet though, only an articled clerk.

http://www.vcgr.vic.gov.au/ CA256F800017E8D4/LicInfo/ DFE095B1544CE3EECA2577AD001E9DB5?Open

I'm not sure if Super Coach leagues will be classified under that footy tipping but I'd argue that it is :) </blockquote>

I would also argue that it is. I contacted those guys to ask if it could be counted as the same as footy tipping and they said that I could consider it general advice because they don't know of the specific details but that it could fall under one of these two:

<blockquote>Section 2.2.1 of the Gambling Regulation Act2003 (the Act) prohibits all lotteries unless they are permitted elsewhere in the Act. An exception to this is a competition based on predicting the results of a sporting event or a sweepstake if the competition or sweepstake is not of a commercial nature and does not result in the distribution of prizes having a total value of more than &#36;5,000.

Chapter 5 of the Act allows the lawful conduct of trade promotion lotteries (TPL's), to promote a genuine trade or business, and public lotteries. It does not appear that your proposal meets the relevant criteria for a TPL however please be advised that further information regarding the conduct of these types of activities can be obtained from the licence information section of the VCGR website. In regards to public lotteries, only Tattersalls Sweeps Pty Ltd and Intralot Australia Pty Ltd currently hold a licence to conduct public lotteries in Victoria. </blockquote>

But then they also said that because the competition would be run through a website that it could fall under the Interactive Gambling Act 2001 and to contact the ACMA to check. At which point I sort of felt an aneurysm starting to form somewhere in the vicinity of my brain stem.

They also said to contact a lawyer. :D

13. jo

jo Moderator

And I broke the forum... I'll have to tell Walesy.

14. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

who has links that big! silly those guys!

15. battyb

battyb New Member

I'm liking the idea of a donor league (I just donated)!

16. frosty

frosty New Member

i'd love a guernsey if there is one to a league that isnt cash-related!
    Finished a dismal 21,000 odd last year, but a respectable 1000th in 2009 and 199th in '08!

17. frosty

frosty New Member

the email addy is frosty147@hotmail.com if thats at all helpful! Cheers!

18. aj

aj Member

Donatificated.

I only have one league left, so either a donor league or one of the Pinewarmers style ones from last year. Which ever one looks like being tougher would be cool - if there's still availability.

19. aj

aj Member

Oh... actually got two leagues free. Whatevs. Wouldn't mind having a crack at helping to get a league ranked #1

20. ELeviathan

ELeviathan Active Member

I would like to be included in a TS and/or donor league. (will donate now)

Finished in 6,573rd position last year - will that get me a gig in the TS Z-league?