Trade Rules re. Draft Picks

Discussion in 'ORFFU' started by Tomster, May 13, 2014.

1. choppers

choppers Well-Known Member

I agree with them as well @Mick , but I won't veto, as like you, I don't believe in vetos.
    But I don't believe what both of you have conspired to do, is within the spirit of what ORFFU represents..I'll leave the powers that be decide the outcome.
    But one more thing before I go and this is directed to @TigersTooTough , our next round sees Banchang travel to Pearcedale, and I expect a match report.

2. YAD69

YAD69 Moderator Staff Member

I used to alway be first, however each time I did do a veto the pot shots came out, weather it’s you, insider, ddstaints just to mention a few who like go off at my previous veto’s.

At the end of the day there has only ever been one veto go through so I’m expecting that your trade will stand because no one else what’s to be in the way of coaches hatred rants as we’ve seen once again.

• Like Like x 2
  3. insider

insider Administrator Staff Member

Agree with this. Many a veto hath yad cast, including one on my trade.
    In my defence, I believe I simply requested ‘no cheerleading’ rather than a pot shot or hatred rant... but apologies if you took it that way.

4. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

My thought is, if a third round MSD is worth a third round PSD, then a first round MSD should be worth much more than a fourth round PSD. Something doesn't add up here...

5) Eden send PSD R3 to Korumburra for MSD44.

5. martyg

martyg Well-Known Member

Ok. Just to wade in. I also missed the cutoff with Obrien. Didn't bitch coz it's my own fault. I did get a MSD pick offer for him but declined because of the perceived issues that may arise.

I would like to see the coaches involved here do the right thing so we can move on.

Otherwise a quick poll/veto from all coaches and then we move on.

All coaches need to vote until we get a majority.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Batfink

Batfink Well-Known Member

Out of interest once the draft starts how can you trade a MSD that you no longer really own as you can't use it. I technically still have MSD 30 but can't use it, why can I trade it during the draft?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Tomster

Tomster Well-Known Member

This was my understanding too

• Like Like x 1
  8. ddsaints

ddsaints Well-Known Member

My opinion if any one cares......clearly mick used his brain and took advantage of the rules in place.
    I say good on him because I bet we are all spewing we didn’t do the trade.
    I also think and only my opinion is that if it had of been some other coach and not Mick and TTT involved, I’m just guessing there wouldnt be as much up roar as this. This only my opinion and not fact.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ddsaints

Hahahaha wow this makes me laugh.
    Reminds me of way back when......
    Love you blokes

10. ddsaints

Sorry @Tomster not directed at you bud. Was laughing about this trading picks you never owned issue....
    I was an idiot when I asked these questions maybe 3 seasons ago

Edit* haha was an idiot?? Sorry not sure when I stopped being an idiot, should be I am and will always be.

I’ll also say love me some FU lads. Still the best fantasy comp going anywhere

• Like Like x 2
  11. Batfink

I think it's pretty simple you can't trade something you no longer own or use therefore the trade just can't happen. If this issue was raised 3 seasons ago it should've been voted on to save the confusion.

12. ddsaints

To be honest mate, I’m not sure of exact timing of my complaints about this issue, but it was a while ago. From memory nothing was changed because it didn’t work for some coaches, it would have harmed there intentions I think.
    I couldn’t be bothered pushing the issue and just let it go.....
    I honestly can’t be bothered researching back when this issue was brought up so excuse my laziness but like I said it makes me laugh that we are still having this problem.
    IMO you can’t trade what you never had....but I was and still am silly so my words are pointless..........maybe

13. ddsaints

The year 2014 it was. It’s still in the FU forums.
    We voted ‘my way’ or the ‘highway’ so we apparently sorted it out then......

14. Batfink

Cheers, it was before I took over my franchise, otherwise you would've had another in your favour.

15. ddsaints

If you can be bothered reading....

16. ddsaints

It was clearly divided back then, and clearly wasn’t sorted out properly. A little more education and years of experience may help us come to a better decision this time

• Like Like x 1
  17. fresh

fresh Well-Known Member

That was more around picks being traded pre draft to allow the afl equivalent trades like pick 90+ for lobbe, mullet, Gibson etc. and not having to trade your only pick for someone worth a 3rd round, and other trade examples that I can't be bothered typing out now.

I think thus issue we're talking abt now is more like the 'hidden picks' issue the afl identified after the first year of live matching of draft bids where ten picks were used to match early bids although the team only had 3 list spots.

I'd be inclined to go down a similar path. Allow the trading of picks pre draft as it is now. Only picks you're entitled to use can be traded during the draft. But, I guess we can't change rules willy nilly either

18. Batfink

There are 6 vetos so far, is that enough?

19. ddsaints

Sorry mate, that’s confusing. I thought the issue was a lot simpler then that

If I do NOT delist any players prior to drafting in the MSD, then I have 0 picks to trade away....before or during the draft....
    If I do NOT trade away any players prior to drafting in the MSD then I have 0 picks to trade away....before or during the draft.

If I trade away 1 player and delist 1 player then I have 2 picks to use in the MSD...

Clearly the PSD is a lot easier because we all have 4 live picks mandatory, but if you do not trade or delist any player then you only have 4 picks live.

Which makes trading away future MSD picks tricky.....

20. Mick

Mick Well-Known Member

Well this escalated quickly! I think we need a new thread just for this discussion! I'm glad I've fired this up because it seems like there is a lot of grey area here. I'll spell a few things out for clarity but it seems like a fair few coaches have made there mind up already on this one. I'm happy for all the decisions regarding this issue to go to a vote and majority rules as always.

It seems to me that the main issues are -

1. Whether or not we should have the ability to trade picks which are unable to be used due to list sizes (not having enough free space on your list to draft and add a player)

2. The use of the Veto rule - and whether it should exist in this competition.

3. Fairness across the competition