Trades for Round 7

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Bettsy, May 2, 2011.

1. DC

DC Member

LOL @ Dick Riewoldt..

Sounds good Ryhmesayer...

I would lean towards Tapscott to Chappy with Darling looking like a kepper at this stage

2. Markaninos

Markaninos New Member

what does people think of duigan out for pederson/cripps
    pederson was named as an emergency last round and didnt get to play, suggests he may be close maybe?

wallis did pretty well, but with libba sitting on a BE of 23 and swallow on 31
    its a tough one considering he was a more than likely starter to libbs at the start of the year and then libbs pretty much got in and held on

3. mo_cheeks

mo_cheeks New Member

Hey all,

I've gone Duigan to Dids. Was going to go Markovic to Hibberd so I can get Heppel from Mid to defence.

But thinking I might cash in early on Swallow to Iles on the bubble.

Then week after, Go Markovic to Hibberd and Tapscott/Matera/Krak to Chap/Fyfe(?)

Conscious of Chap with bye in finals. Any thoughts on this?

Cheers.

4. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Lots of tough decisions to make in the next few weeks, and the top 5000 are pretty stacked like an accordion moving up and down each week.

Think there are significant opportunities to make a run at the leaders as the bye and the sub and the injuries to players through fatigue and collisions is making it a very difficult job to keep a healthy list of premiums on the park.

Much more nuanced than previous years.

For example this week lots of leaders lose Swan-Pendles. Some might have included a few others which will give them the chance of a 50 point gain this week, which could be 250 positions in the overall ranks.

Also I'm seeing so many different options opening up at different times.

Do you go Ablett or Chapman?
    Most years you have them to start, but now you have to make the call to bring them in.

Do you keep N Riewoldt?
    Of course you do, but the Saints form has him a mere mortal now. So much depended on Hayes with that team; maybe he should have been captain.

Plenty of fallen heroes to cash in on. Plenty of rookies to cash out. Not many rookies to downgrade to.

Those who with luck and skill manage the upgrade period I reckon can claw back up to 1000 points.

5. VanderHaar

VanderHaar New Member

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/puopolo-set-for-hawthorn-debut-20110501-1e31q.html

puopolo might get a game and pederson has been playing well

6. DC

DC Member

Libba/Swallow stay in your team for another round no doubt

7. Cheers VDH, here's hoping

8. Rufus

Rufus New Member

Pederson is a forward in the AFL, he sometimes plays zoning half back for Werribee. He's not getting that role in AFL, so unless he comes in for Hansen he will never get a game for Kangas id b guessing. (They have a 2 tall forward line, Petrie and Hansen).

9. silacious

silacious New Member

I'm going Chapps in for Krak this week as i have 295k in bank. Kraks handy 119 helps me out

10. Mattoc

Mattoc New Member

i'm also thinking of upgrading harris to either mcglynn or didak.

What are your thoughts on that tooserious crew??

11. Rufus

Rufus New Member

Mattoc i dont think they are upgrades at the moment. Unless they start scoring well i wouldnt do it

12. silacious

silacious New Member

Mattoc.

I'd stay away from Didak he hasn't played that well in a side beating everyone. Mcglynn would be risky as he doesn't get alot of the ball, he needs lots of tackles

13. joshua

joshua New Member

duigan has to go this week with his breakeven being so high, looking at getting hibberd in even though he has only had one game so far. question is with 240k left over after that trade, should i be targeting enright in for stanley or upgrading matera or just sit tight and not bother?

14. Mattoc

Mattoc New Member

cheers guys.

guessing i just can see the massive upside in didak seeing he has dropped 123k since round 1 and could end up scoring massive for the rest of the year, but with the bye this week i can hold the trigger for now.

15. silacious

silacious New Member

Joshua thats a good idea. You will make some cash for an upgrade. It depends where you want to upgrade in DEF or not. It depends also where you think your team has its weakness is it you mids or def?

16. DC

DC Member

Mattoc...

Didak yet to show any signs of some form

17. joshua

joshua New Member

thanks silacious, my main issue is trying to use rookies up as much as possible and whether people think stanley will keep pumping out a 70 average and continue through to a 300-350k price or plateau and move slowly up towards 300.

18. silacious

silacious New Member

Stanley seems like a slow burner like Duigan so if you think he will top out around 300k then that should be you goal. Once they hit 300k, downgrade to Puoplo should he named in the next two games and he shows some promise

19. RaoulDuke

RaoulDuke New Member

Easy decision this week for me (I think);

Libba > Wallis

Tapscott > Chappy

Have plenty of $$$ in the bank to facilitate this. thoughts?

20. patash

patash New Member

going for league wins who sould i target? priddis,mundy or boyd?? thoughts.. already have selwood,foley and a raft of cows almost moooing...