Trades for Round 7

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Bettsy, May 2, 2011.

1. Steps

Steps New Member

Think im going to head down the
    Duigan --> Adcock
    Savage -->rookie
    I kinda figure next week I can upgrade chappy, mundy, etc but its hard to find a good consistent defender with a good BE. SHould be more options for the midfielders next week (not saying there aren't plenty this week)....

2. HeavyMen

HeavyMen Well-Known Member

@weazel
    Yeah thanks mate I have been pondering that & will certainly consider your advice.
    Only problem is most have played one or none i.e. Cripps. Also still think Jacobs will be a player but that's a big faith investment. Johnson from Swans has two on the board & there's Watson (JS?) Anyone else I've overlooked?

3. pjay79

pjay79 New Member

Shoulde Higgins be traded out? Or wait and see 1 more week ???

4. If Higgins is out again he gets the chop for mine

5. UnderAchievers

UnderAchievers Member

Hey guys, just been having a look at Brady Rawlings, considering he has dropped over $100K so far this year and has an BE matching his average now. Dont know too much about him, but he seems to be racking up the possessions, but just not scoring very highly (except for a couple of scores over 90). Do you think he could be a possible value pickup for Duigan this week if he can get back to his usual average of mid 90's. Obviously I would only want to select him if I believed he was going to be a keeper for the rest of the season. He also doesnt have a bye until Rd 21 which I see as a big plus.

6. HudsonFysh

HudsonFysh Member

Eade confirmed it was groin soreness. That worries me.

I am thinking Higgins > Chapman but have fingers crossed Higgins is named this week as I'd rather not trade him yet.

If he is not named are we in danger of him being a week-to-week proposition this year. Again. It's not like it was an unknown risk, I was just hoping the trigger wouldn't have to be pulled. Not this soon anyway.

7. pjay79

pjay79 New Member

I am also seriously looking at higgins > chapman, i don't think higgins will play.

8. torcida

torcida Member

what u guys think
    really feel like i need to make a move this week and by that i mean gettin rid of missy .

but just not sure do i get rid of him as a mid or fwd - which rookie do i go for got 120k in the bank and by doin that i would end up with 510k+..

harris and libba should be worth 600-650k and with 500 in hand i would be able to bring in someone like goddard and chappy next week

fwd line at the moment pav - buddy - sylvia - stevie.j - goodes - n.roo - darling/krak ( mckernan and prestia ) with rok and missy as mpps in the middle

9. tolla

tolla New Member

i really need to get rid of Irons this week as he will just be deadweight for the rest of the season if i dont.
    i guess im thinking of trading him to either Wright or Wallis just to get a slow burner/bench cover on my bench.

im also def going to give Duigan the chop this week and bank that cash, leaving me with the options for a couple of tasty upgrades next week (thinking upgrading D.Swallow to A.Swallow or maybe Pendles, and Otten to Enright)

just hoping i dont get a crushing LTI this weekend which would shatter my plans

10. snoz

snoz Moderator

Tolla.....I'd take Isles over both mid downgrades of Wallis/Wright...and who will you give Duig the chop down to ?

11. bama

bama Active Member

Thinking of trading Conca for Wallis this week (don't know much about Wright), then next week Curnow to Hibbered and Matera/Tappy to Harper/May. This will leave me with plenty of cash to do some nice upgrades. The main one I'm having trouble with is the Conca one this week should he go or Swallow/Libba/Harris. Thoughts appreciated.

12. tolla

tolla New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Simonoz on May 3, 2011, 10:57
    Tolla.....I'd take Isles over both mid downgrades of Wallis/Wright...and who will you give Duig the chop down to ?</blockquote>

i have been watching Isles too. i guess im not convinced on any of the three really.

i'm probably going to go from Duigan to Hibberd. Essendon has quite a good run of upcoming opponents for the next few rounds and i think this gives him great opportunity to really snatch a regular spot in the team.

13. BennyC88

BennyC88 Member

Chapman is in my team this week, trading out Boak (patience ran thin). Gives more flexibility and a big score chance with North going to Skilled.

Toss up with the last trade, either:
    1. Duigan to L.Thompson
    or
    2. Higgins(down)/Menzel(up) to J.Roo

More leaning towards no.1 as it'll get money back from the first trade, which can translate to a premium trade next week (Swanny most likely).

See what happens

14. Mattoc

Mattoc New Member

oooohhh, chappy for boak, theres a trade i hadnt considered. i was thinking boak for ellard, then upgrade to chappy in a couple of weeks. food for thought.

nice benny, very nice.

Only problem for me is i want to up petrie to mummy and cant afford to do both this week.

15. snoz

snoz Moderator

Tolla, if I didnt have Hibb I'd be doing the same thing. Love the trade....watched the kid on the w/end and add in his P/S form...fits right in.

Your right though...wallis/wright/isles...big questions.

16. gish

gish New Member

You've just thrown a spanner in the works Benny! Hadn't considered Boak > Chappy but it could now be on the cards.

I am definitely trading Duigan for Hibberd this week so I can move either Gibbs or Heppell into the backs.

Just tossing up whether to downgrade either Libba or Harris to Iles/Wallis and hold off on an upgrade to a premium until next round. I should have at least &#36;470K in the kitty if I do both downgrades. I guess I could hold onto Boak for one more week.

17. mo_cheeks

mo_cheeks New Member

Hi all,

I've made one trade this week, Duigan to Dids. I am thinking of cashing in on D. Swallow maybe a week or two before his time for Iles.

From there, I'll go Markovic to Hibberd next week on the bubble and Libba to Chapman or Fyfe.

From there not sure, need a juicy forward downgrade.

Any thoughts here?

18. 9thPlaceTiger

9thPlaceTiger New Member

Hey does anyone know anything about Matthew Watson from Carlton? He has a great breakeven, and looks a good downgrade target from Duigan.
    Cheers.
    Steve

19. bama

bama Active Member

Mo cheeks, not many forward downgrades this week, next you may have Harper or May, the cupboard looks pretty bare. In the future there should be some with Mzungu and Callian coming back from injury mid year.

20. Mattoc

Mattoc New Member

@9thplacetiger

Job security is a big issue with watson.