Trades for Round 7

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Bettsy, May 2, 2011.

1. Beauy

Beauy New Member

Just throwing this out there for discussion.

The popular trade down this week is for Iles, don't discount M.Wright from the Crows, a few grand cheaper and they don't have a bye for some weeks.

Has been scoring well and with injuries and suspension this week job security is looking solid.

2. Mattoc

Mattoc New Member

i tend to agree beauy

3. RaoulDuke

RaoulDuke New Member

How about Wallis? His numbers aren't as flattering as Wright, but he's played 1 quarter against the dockers and then played the Pies. Based on those two facts alone I think his ceiling is a lot higher than what he's shown so far.

I am not too keen on Iles, but the Wallis/Wright conundrum is gnawing at me right now.

4. Beauy

Beauy New Member

Just waiting to hear a bit more on how the Crows will shape up this week after dropping Vince.

I really want to get a good idea on JS before committing to Wright / Iles / Wallis.

I like Wright but already have L.Thompson, B.Smith and McKernan, 1 more Crow couldn't hurt could it?

McKernan and Smith should be levelling out shortly so they will be sent to the meatworks before Round 16 bye.

5. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Can I ask why you are not too keen on Iles Duke? Is it just the price tag or more?

At present its Iles > Wallis > Wright for me.

6. Mattoc

Mattoc New Member

iles js should be the best, he was the best and fairest there last year and would have played r1 had he not been injured.

7. Mattoc

Mattoc New Member

so after 3 days of thought, my trades for this week i am going to go for are as follows.

duigan > Thompson

Petrie > Mumford

dont need the mpp in the ruck as i am not wasting a trade to get in j tippett as he more than likely wont play this year.

next week Tapscott > Chappy
    richardson > May/Harper

What do you think guys?

8. BennyC88

BennyC88 Member

I'm thinking of doing the same thing with Duigan to L.Thompson. What stopping me is if I should jump on J.Roo now or wait a extra week.

9. BennyC88

BennyC88 Member

Also, I'll be keeping a eye out on Puopulo. Might trade for him next week if he goes well

10. Mattoc

Mattoc New Member

i'll wait 2 weeks for puopulo (if he plays) and look at dropping smith/mckernan/lower/stanley for him.

11. RaoulDuke

RaoulDuke New Member

@Nick, it's not so much the price for Iles.

It's probably more subjective than the way I'd like it. I wanted to avoid bringing in more GC players wherever possible at this stage of the year.

My feeling is that towards the end of the year they'll tire and start getting some real beatings. I was/am expecting rookies at established clubs to get more protection later on in the year.

All that said, however, if Iles is more likely to play than Wallis and/or Wright then he should be the one picked. I am concerned about Wright because eventually Vince et al will come back. I think Craig has made his peace with playing Thompson and Smith, but how far will his willingness to commit to rookies extend?

And in re-reading this, it seems I've shifted to Iles. aaargh!!

12. turly23

turly23 New Member

Hi guy's,

This is my first post on TS I just registered last night :) first thing I was wondering is how to upload my team?? I went into my profile and into my team, then put in my username and password, pressed upload team and it said my team has been uploaded but I don't know where to find it lol.

In regards to trades this week I was thinking of going Savage > iles/wallis/wright leaving me with 180k and then upgrading duigan > newman/johncock/murphy/shaw(probz not due to bye this week. Please feel free to suggest any other options you think may be better.

My team is currently:

B: Gibbs, goddard, broughton, grimes, heppel, b.smith, lower(duigan, stanley, batchelor)

M: Swan, pendles, mitchell, selwood, cotch, curnow(harris, bewick, savage)

R: Cox, warnock(smith, dericx)

F: Franklin, fyfe, goodes, roo, Jroo, sylvia, knights(matera, darling, tapscott)

I've got no cash and 20 trades although forward basically finished with only knights to be upgraded.

Thoughts and any help would be appreciated :D

13. bama

bama Active Member

@ Turly23 The above mentioned trades look the best to me, your back line does seem to be your weak point.

14. bama

bama Active Member

Thinking Conca to iles this week, any thoughts?

15. Mattoc

Mattoc New Member

i like it, but will the extra cash make the difference??

16. Josh

Josh New Member

What about Harry taylor at 310odd-k?

17. BennyC88

BennyC88 Member

Josh:

I'd like to see some consistency from Harry first before considering him. Yes he does have the potential to score big, but the unpredictability is a turn off for me.

18. bama

bama Active Member

@ Mattoc, the extra cash will come in handy seeing as though I only have about 8k in the bank, also I think iles price ceiling is higher and he may be a more reliable back up scoring wise. Just not sure if 1 trade is worth 120k, and my other rookie mids really aren't ready to be culled. i've used 4 so far.

19. Tino

Tino Member

@ Josh:

I wouldn't touch Harry O.

@Spud & Nick

Thanks for your thoughts lads.

Still torn with what to do with Higgins and Duigan and $228,400 of denaro in the bank.

So, ruling out Murphy. What are people's thoughts on:

Duigan -> Enright/Adcock
    Higgins -> Fyfe

Or any other combination. I wanna offload Duigan (becuase of high b/e) and Higgins (master of niggling injuries) before heading into head v head again.

Either way, selling off those two gives me $976,400 to play with.

Already got these premiums:

Def: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Grimes

Fwd: Pav, Goodes, Franklin, J Riewoldt

Cheers

20. JaroFath

JaroFath New Member

Hi guys,
    First-time poster, so take it easy on me if you can.

Anybody considering trading out Rioli?

I may have an itchy trigger finger, but I'm considering:

Duigan>Poupolu (if he's named)
    Rioli>Chappy

I'd really like to get some serious points on the board this round, but is that going to cost me long-term?