'Trading Games' 2015

Discussion in 'Blog' started by anthak, Mar 31, 2015.

By anthak on Mar 31, 2015 at 11:00 AM
  1. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Back for another year of Trading Games in SuperCoach, the comp where we all start with the same squad of players and then see [span style='background: #ffffff;]how our individual trading strategies separate us throughout the season.
    Last years winner, <strong style='font-size: 14px;]Buzzboys[/b], finished in the top 200 overall.
    BrockyFreo is running the comp this year and there's already been a bunch of discussion over in the forum for a while now.
    Check it out here:http://tooserious.net/forum/Forum/tabid/91/forumid/12/postid/72206/scope/posts/Default.aspx#72206
    The starting team has been chosen, but not finalised yet. There may be some modifications after teams are announced. BrockyFreo will post any changes on Friday. If you intend to take part in this comp, its essential that we all start with the same players, so make sure to keep up with any changes on Friday and update your team. (<em style='font-size: 14px;]BrockyFreo, can you let us know what time you will announce if there are any changes?)
    There is a group set up that all participants must join as well.
    Basically, set up a new account, choose the players in the team below, join the group, and then check back in here on Friday to find out the final squad of players and lock it in for round 1. You are free to set up the round 1 team however you wish, but everyone starts with the same 30 players.
    The team as it stands at present is as follows:
    <strong style='font-size: 14px;]D: Gibson, Taylor, Newnes, Goodes, Brown, Dalgleish, Hamling, Saad.[/b]
    M: Pendlebury, Fyfe, Selwood, Sloan, Griffen, Newton, Cripps, Heeney, Ellis-Yolmen, Miller, Krakouer
    R: Mumford, Minson, O'Brien
    F: Gray, Martin, Swan, Salem, Clark, Hogan, Lamb, Steel.
    There should be <strong style='font-size: 14px;]$285,900 remaining in the bank[/b].
    Once you have set up the new account and are logged in, you can join the group with this link:
    http://supercoach.heraldsun.com.au/group?cic=346826[span style='color: #484f54; background: #ffffff;] <br style='color: #484f54;[/img]
    <em style='color: #484f54; background: #ffffff;](Once logged in, simply confirm your invitation and you'll be automatically added. Private Groups are a separate feature to the ten head-to head leagues of 18, in which you may continue to participate as usual).[span style='color: #484f54; background: #ffffff;]
    There is also a league that you can join if you want: <strong style='font-size: 14px;]League Code: 638020[/b]
    I think that's it.
    Let us know in the comments if you have any questions.

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by anthak, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Bearfly
      Bearfly
      Need to change 1 mid rookie for sure - Krakour will NOT get picked round 1.
      Port have Trengove, Hartlett, Ryder, Monfries, and hopefully Wingard to come in to the round 1 side - that's 5 best 22 players to come in, and Krak couldn't make the 26 selected to play in NAB3, so absolutely no chance and a complete waste of a rookie bench spot that would be better off being filled by someone more likely to play in the first few rounds!!!
    2. BrockyFreo
      BrockyFreo
      Hi Bear, yes that's looking likely, but will make final changes on Thursday 2nd April (after teams are released) and only players listed to play will be selected. Team will be modified to make this work.

So everybody who joins, lock in the Richmond/Carlton players list NOW. Then await further changes to come Thursday (to be locked into everyone's team by first game Saturday).

Come and test your Trading Skills!
    3. anthak
      anthak
      try to keep the changes minimal, by only removing any players not selected to play. We're all gonna have our own teams to worry about, so hopefully wont have to touch this one too much.
    4. anthak
      anthak
      Hey Bear, not really on topic, but do you expect Gray to continue to play predominantly midfield, as he was at end of last season and this preseason too.

I presume he will, but you would be a better judge I think

5. Bearfly
      Bearfly
      G'day Ant, Robbie will definitely be playing pretty much as he has been used in his 2 PS games - mix of mid and fwd.
      Of his 2 PS games, take more note of the 1st one against West Coast, killed them, huge SC score, and had the flu!!!
      Game against Adelaide was more about Ken trying a few different things with several players (i.e. Hoff in the middle, Boak off half back, etc), thus not truly reflective of how we'll structure up most times.
    6. Bearfly
      Bearfly
      Brocky, not looking likely, simple fact.
      Krak couldn't make the 26 for NAB3 + round 1 teams of 22 + 4 or 5 first choice players coming in = 8 or 9 changes to NAB3 team = no room for the Krak.
      Mark my words mate ;)
    7. Crafty Yarni
      Crafty Yarni
      brocky, whats the likelihood that McIntosh is an inclusion in this team, now that he has been named
    8. anthak
    9. anthak
      anthak
      also,

BrockyFreo wrote:
      One last thing.

If you are late joining the league, you can still join up until Midday Saturday (4/4/15) on one condition only:

You must use your first two trades in after Week 1 to trade in D.Martin and P Cripps. (put 2 non-playing rookies in now, and after round 1 you can trade in those two players, to match the rest of the league).

This is not ideal, but as there are only two played, this is reasonable. (after Midday saturday. Everything is locked out).

10. RPritch
      RPritch
      I can do the exact team, bar Lambert on the mid bench instead of Vandenburg, so I'll use 1 trade next week to trade him to Vandenburg. It's not perfect, but shouldn't matter too much
    11. BrockyFreo
      BrockyFreo
      Couldn't take the risk that people would have time to make the change prior to lockout Crafty.
      I've had him in my normal team, rate him highly. But we just didn't know on Saturday last week and couldn't expect fast changes in a team like this so he missed out (ie look at Lambert from Rich who went the other way).

Better to be safe than sorry. i'll be trading him in next week maybe!
    12. Crafty Yarni
      Crafty Yarni
      FINAL 6 CHANGES BELOW:

Notes (6 Changes):

1. Dalgiesh (ess) changes to A. Oxley (Coll).

2. Hamling (wbd) changes to Clancee Pearce (FREO).

These two have not been names and therefore have been cut. There are no cheaper options.

3. Change N. Krakour (Port) to A. Vandenberg (MEL) in the midfield (most likely going to be sub but no other priced options).

4. J Steele (GWS) changes to A. SAAD (STK) in the forward line.

To keep the large bankroll (the idea of the team strategy picked) we have made two other changes:

5. Change Ruck Will Minson down to Nic Naitanui (save $12k and named main ruck).

6. Change DEF Harry Taylor down to Kade Kolodjashnij (Save $79k and a popular pick this year).

These 6 changes will both give a full playing team, as well as still keeping close to $200k in the bank.

EVERYONE FOLLOW THE BELOW TEAM AND MATCH THE SAME 30 PLAYERS: (Changes must be made before Saturday Midday 4/4/15!)

No Further Changes will apply. Any dropped players or unnamed players or subs won't be changed. You may start trading AFTER the completion of Round 1.

GOOD LUCK! HAPPY TRADING!

13. Crafty Yarni
      Crafty Yarni
      this post was written by brocky. I have copied from the forum section and placed here to remind people of the necessary changes brocky has made.
    14. Crafty Yarni
      Crafty Yarni
      Im sorry guys but I need to RANT.

I was of the understanding that in the trading game format, everyone must start with the same team.

secondly, there was a group set up by anth, and I assume all players in trading games are required to join this group.

thirdly, players had an option to join a league called ts trading games.

SO, why are there coaches out there not understanding BASIC instruction when joining this 'game' format?

I now ask the following, if your team is not the correct starting line up as stated by Brocky, could you please hit the 'remove your team' button and ensure the comp is played on an even keel.

15. stripey
      stripey
      Ok, time for my rant... i set the team up Thursday afternoon as dictated... not having access to internet over the weekend i find the team has been changed substantially during the weekend. Really, these changes should have been decided on before the footy started. It didnt really matter if there was a donut or two, but there was no reason why a starting team couldnt have been determined before the footy started.

As requested I will REMOVE my team from the competition. Thanks.
    16. anthak
      anthak
      hey mate,
      I didnt set up the group. I think BrockyFreo did.
      Whoever set up the group can remove teams that are not set up correctly.
      This happened last year, where a few teams were removed that did not start with the correct players.

I dont think anyone can be removed from the league, but thats no big deal, that was only secondary to the group, and not essential for the comp. I set up the league.

17. anthak
      anthak
      Stripey, I think it was always BrockyFreo's intention to make changes on the Friday after the full teams were announced.
      I thought that he had announced that a few times in the leadup, and I also mentioned it up in the OP here.

I agree that it should not matter too much about donuts in this comp. But the time to raise your concerns about the plan would have been prior to the weekend, not after.

Its a shame that BrockyFreo didnt know you wouldnt be able to make the changes. Perhaps he would have changed his plan had he known.

18. stripey
      stripey
      It doesnt matter, dont mind me being all tired and emotional (two young kids!)... i waited till last minute before i left work Thursday. But it might explain why a number of teams do not have the correct team.
    19. Crafty Yarni
      Crafty Yarni
      stripey, maybe I didn't express myself properly and apologise for that. speaking of emotional, my father passed away on Thursday at 12noon. I am burying him tomorrow. my emotions are all over the place at the moment also.

all I wanted to do is be a part of a friendly league based on the rules set by brocky. there is no direct attack on you or others.

it is not 'my' comp, if brocky finds a solution to the problem, I will leave it with him.

if I can move forward from this and treat each and everyone of you as a too serious mate, I am better for it.

good luck to all teams, whichever format they are playing