Trading Games 2015

Discussion in 'Leagues' started by BrockyFreo, Feb 8, 2015.

1. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

http://tooserious.net/Blog/tabid/90/Post/7500/Trading-Games-2015

2. BrockyFreo

BrockyFreo Member

FINAL 6 CHANGES BELOW: Notes (6 Changes): 1. Dalgiesh (ess) changes to A. Oxley (Coll). 2. Hamling (wbd) changes to Clancee Pearce (FREO). These two have not been names and therefore have been cut. There are no cheaper options. 3. Change N. Krakour (Port) to A. Vandenberg (MEL) in the midfield (most likely going to be sub but no other priced options). 4. J Steele (GWS) changes to A. SAAD (STK) in the forward line. To keep the large bankroll (the idea of the team strategy picked) we have made two other changes: 5. Change Ruck Will Minson down to Nic Naitanui (save $12k and named main ruck). 6. Change DEF Harry Taylor down to Kade Kolodjashnij (Save $79k and a popular pick this year). These 6 changes will both give a full playing team, as well as still keeping close to $200k in the bank. EVERYONE FOLLOW THE BELOW TEAM AND MATCH THE SAME 30 PLAYERS: (Changes must be made before Saturday Midday 4/4/15!) [​IMG]

3. BrockyFreo

BrockyFreo Member

One last thing. If you are late joining the league, you can still join up until Midday Saturday (4/4/15) on one condition only: You must use your first two trades in after Week 1 to trade in D.Martin and P Cripps. (put 2 non-playing rookies in now, and after round 1 you can trade in those two players, to match the rest of the league). This is not ideal, but as there are only two played, this is reasonable. (after Midday saturday. Everything is locked out).

4. Buzzboys

Buzzboys Member

Locked. Good luck everybody. Thanks Brocky

5. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

189700?

6. BrockyFreo

BrockyFreo Member

Yes $189700 will be left in bank. one spot left in league 638020 (fill this first) Secondary league (if needed) 553746

7. Len

BrockyFreo wrote:
    Yes $189700 will be left in bank. one spot left in league 638020 (fill this first) Secondary league (if needed) 553746 Cheers mate, I've pinned this thread too

8. bjaensch

bjaensch New Member

DrowningNotWaving ready to go. cheers, Bill

9. Mad_Mattigan

Mad_Mattigan Member

Well the league's been set and we already have a spread of 202 between the top and bottom side, just with rookie and captain choices! More than 10% better! We have a couple of teams that are running the original lineup (H.Taylor/Krakouer etc. still in the team) and I think 3 random teams that have been added to fill the league. Here's hoping it's an interesting season. Hopefully everyone will share their trading strategies in this forum. Last year we all started with a worse squad than this ( we had Daisy!) because of the stupid split round and Buzz was still able to run into the top 200 or so. Good luck everyone and happy trading!

10. warsaken

warsaken Active Member

11. BrockyFreo

BrockyFreo Member

Carnage for everyone this year, and the best team who started correctly still got over $2000 (just!). I'll delete the non-correct teams out of the Group as soon as possible (there's a bug in their system and I've submitted a report). Until then, start Trading! (bringing in the Richmond boy for my first trade)

12. Mad_Mattigan

Mad_Mattigan Member

I assume everyone is bringing in McIntosh, the only question being who for. I'm going to try and create a war-chest of funds so it's KK out for me. With my 2nd trade, I'm gonna try and get on the front foot early this season, and am making the risky move of cutting Mummy. My reasoning is the appalling scores for all ruckmen in rd 1, and so I can't see any of them averaging more than about 100 for the season. Sure, some will score big intermittently, but consistently? That's the risk. I watched the GWS game (being a Saints man) and Mummy was monstering Longer, but that just didn't translate into SC points. <div>
    This being the case, I can see 90-95 being a keeper at R2, and so I'm going the riskier option of bringing in Leuenberger for a nice $250k gain.
    Two trades and I've made $500k, and at this (admittedly early) stage, I don't see a loss in points. Fingers crossed!

13. Len

Brown is out for me first up, he is a SC spud. Cripps is probably next, I can't see him justifying that price. In will be McIntosh and a yet to be thrilled on nomination chap.. Coming from a long way back this week, I entered the team and then forgot about it until Sunday, rookies on ground and VC/C were selected by their system as I entered and not revisited.

14. NSD

NSD New Member

Im liking this team for trading games this season... An average starting side so more tinkering will need to be done than previous seasons where it was pretty much trade hard and early to get ahead Will be interesting to see what path people take.

15. bjaensch

bjaensch New Member

Hi everyone, somehow, the league I joined for Trading Games seems to have disappeared (or SC kicked me out of it) and I am now in some screwed up public league. And I can't seem to be able to join additional leagues anymore. Quite a bummer to be honest. Looks like I should not plan business trips the week leading into R1 in future....... :-( Anyway, I scored 1940 in R1 and trades made this week are Pearce to McIntosh and Saad to Bontempelli. Do either of the Trading Games Leagues have a mechanism to delete teams and add replacement ones? Cheers, Bill

16. bjaensch

bjaensch New Member

ok, I must have had a Homer Simpson moment. I am in the Trading Games Group (DrowningNotWaving). Whew. Not sure how I didn't manage to get into the correct league tho. Onward and upward. :) Cheers, Bill

17. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

bjaensch wrote:
    Hi everyone, somehow, the league I joined for Trading Games seems to have disappeared (or SC kicked me out of it) and I am now in some screwed up public league. And I can't seem to be able to join additional leagues anymore. Quite a bummer to be honest. Looks like I should not plan business trips the week leading into R1 in future....... :-( Anyway, I scored 1940 in R1 and trades made this week are Pearce to McIntosh and Saad to Bontempelli. Do either of the Trading Games Leagues have a mechanism to delete teams and add replacement ones? Cheers, Bill no, league members cannot be changed now. Groups can still be joined, but looks like youre in there, as per your next post.

18. warsaken

warsaken Active Member

bjaensch wrote:
    Anyway, I scored 1940 in R1 and trades made this week are Pearce to McIntosh and Saad to Bontempelli. I've made the same trades. Had nicnat as VC last night, but dont think ill be loopholing him today.

19. BrockyFreo

BrockyFreo Member

The Group is the only thing that matters now Friends, and who gets the highest overall score/rank. (join the Group here if you have the starting teamhttp://supercoach.heraldsun.com.au/gr... Cheers for the comments NSD. It's a trading games league; we hope to all be top 100 before it begins, and now that it is looking unlikely for this, we can do what we came here for! Trade Bang! Bang! Shane Mumford 108 for those who hung on to him. Not enough, but gives some hope (Jacobs is powering through the Pies as well and could show us that Rucks are still relevant?) I'll be saving my second trade. Couple of rookies going to need attention next week!

20. BrockyFreo

BrockyFreo Member

TS KahtnA (lisa) Can you please delete the people from the league who don't have the same starting team (see post above by Warsaken) <p >At the moment, there can be a maximum of two trades from the starting team. Thanks (sooner you do this the easier) <div id='radePasteHelper' style='position: absolute; left: -10000px; border: 0px solid red; top: 0px; width: 1px; height: 1px; overflow: hidden;] <div class='team-container' style='box-sizing: border-box; color: #484f54; font-family: 'Roboto Condensed'; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 11px; white-space: nowrap; background-color: #ffffff;] <div class='shirt' style='box-sizing: border-box; width: 32px; height: 44px; position: absolute; top: 5px;] <div class='shirt-jumper sg-0-0' style='box-sizing: border-box; position: absolute; width: 32px; height: 32px; background-image: url('http://d11jrdnzwr8nst.cloudfront.net/global_2015/img/news/afl/shirt_jumper.png'); background-position: 0px 0px;] <div class='pattern p-0 sg-1-1' style='box-sizing: border-box; position: absolute; width: 32px; height: 32px; background-position: -32px -32px;] <div class='overlay' style='box-sizing: border-box; position: absolute; width: 32px; height: 32px; background-image: url('http://d11jrdnzwr8nst.cloudfront.net/global_2015/img/news/afl/shirt_overlay.png');] <div class='coach-container' style='box-sizing: border-box; position: absolute; top: 10px; left: 34px;][span style='box-sizing: border-box; font-weight: 700;]11.[span class='team' style='box-sizing: border-box; font-weight: 700;]TS kahtnA <div class='coach' style='box-sizing: border-box; padding-top: 2px; color: #6c7276; font-size: 11px;]Coached by:[span class='coachname' style='box-sizing: border-box;]Lisa <div>[span class='coachname' style='box-sizing: border-box;]