Trading Games 2016

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Mar 21, 2016.

By walesy on Mar 21, 2016 at 4:34 PM
  1. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

Welcome Everybody to the 2016 Trading Games league!

*** TEAM UPDATED - PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU CHANGE TO THE ONE SHOWN BELOW BEFORE SATURDAY ***

What's it all about?
    Basically every year some of the leaders in the community gather together and choose the players picked in a team we all start with. The players in every team in the group start the same before the round 1 lockout. Then, as the year progresses, and trades are made, the challenge becomes finishing on top of the group with the most points overall. That's it; just use your trades and your emergency/captain picks wisely, and turn the team we all start with into a winning team by scoring the most points.

Rules:1. EVERYBODY must start with the exact same 30 players. No exceptions.

2. You don't use your main team, we would prefer if you 'invited' your daughter, wife, grandfather etc to create a team that you help to manage throughout the year. Don't join this league if you don't want to follow rule 1.

3. Like always, let's have fun and keep positive. Banter is expected and welcomed! Anyway, the whole thing is up in the air for discussion as always. What are your thoughts to make it interesting again this year?

Throwing this post up to gauge interest in this year's effort. It's getting pretty close to the deadline, so I'll get a team up shortly. Will be very cookie cutter I reckon (Unless there's any objections to that in the comment below)

Will also have to throw a shoutout to the Two-Time champion, @Buzzboys - you gunna throw down for the triple crown this year?

How to Join?

Step 1: Sign up to the Trading Games group
    http://supercoach.heraldsun.com.au/afl/classic/group?cic=615554

Step 2: Makes sure you have the correct team entered! Prior to the Melbourne-GWS game the team should look like this:
    TradingGames2.JPG

Step 3: Choose your captain/vice captain and any emergencies. You could get the jump on the rest of the field with some astute choices even with an identical 30-man squad.

Step 4: If you wish, you can use DPP to rearrange the 30 players shown above. e.g. Petracca could be brought to the MID line and Wells could become a FWD. Just don't change the squad of 30.

Good luck everybody and happy trading!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2016

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Jason
      Jason
      Monday squads probably won't be finalised until Saturday afternoon.
    2. walesy
      walesy
      Gosh, kerridge makes it hard, doesn't he?

Would love to be able to lock him in as a forward ! :)
    3. Owen
      Owen
      My wife has joined the league
      Also I'm pretty sure when you said the best rookies, you meant that everyone should get the best rookies.
      • Like Like x 1
    4. BrockyFreo
      BrockyFreo
      Wait until Midday Friday AEST to see the final team (the final 30 players, and then you can do whatever you want with your team (you can bench Fyfe if you want, I don't care!)

But keep the 4 Richmond/Carlton Players in the position mentioned, and then after final team is decided Friday midday, then you can switch kerridge to forward, brown to back etc.

(Gee it's good to be back discussing Trading Games, well done @EaglesNest and @walesy for getting it started this year!)

Jan Likes the Dockers is ready to rock!
      • Like Like x 1
    5. anthak
      anthak
      except that Kerridge will be locked by then

Also, we are in daylight savings time atm. AEDT
    6. BrockyFreo
      BrockyFreo
      I'm in Queensland where our clocks don't break and run an hour incorrect for 6 months of the year, but okay let's do 1pm AEDT. @Jason can you be in charge of posting or approving the final team? You've done great so far and best that one person has the final say. We will await your team-lockin call.
    7. Jason
      Jason
      Can do.
      • Like Like x 1
    8. Lucas
      Lucas
      I'm right to say that you can play Kerridge tonight as an emergency and Menadue on field so long as they are on the line? Also Weitering (and Martin heh) could potentially be benched as well.
      • Like Like x 1
    9. Lucas
      Lucas
      But at least you can make an informed decision on Cats and Hawks rookies. Only Cats matter, and tbh I'm not keen on Cats rookie job security
    10. anthak
      anthak
      Yes that is my understanding
    11. EaglesNest
      EaglesNest
      Ava, my daughter has joined both the league and the group.
    12. Jason
      Jason
      Opening post has been updated.
    13. walesy
      walesy
      That is a very good team we're putting in. Could even go close!

C'mon Tradie McTradeFace!!
    14. Len
      Len
      Makes no difference to me, I'm about to cock it up 30 times, really well over 70 odd by the time we factor in my innate ability to name the wrong guy captain and introduce this weeks rising star nominee to the bench..
      • Like Like x 1
    15. Owen
      Owen
      So a fair few changes from the original, but I like it.
    16. Jason
      Jason
      Oops, that is the wrong team.
      EDIT: That is (was) my team!
      Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
    17. Jason
      Jason
      Apologies to anyone who has been confused, but I loaded the wrong image to the opening post about 2 hours ago.
      The correct team is there now.
    18. Owen
      Owen
      Ahh, yeah that makes sense there was quite a few changes.
    19. walesy
      walesy
      Well, this comment makes some sense then. :D
      • Like Like x 1
    20. Jason
      Jason
      Hindsight is a bitch. Menadue should have been FWD after all.

Biggest Issues:
      Aish not selected
      Hartley not selected
      Ruggles not selected
      Cox not selected
      Grimley emergency only

Aish out is a bugger, along with two other cheap DEF players. Hard to replace without changing the structure up a lot, have to bring the D/F guys from the FWD bench back to the DEF line I think.

Suggested Changes:
      Grimley, Aish, Hartley, Ruggles out
      Oliver, Papley, McCarthy, O.McDonald in
      (also Brown and AMT to DEF, Petracca to FWD)

Result looks like this:
      TradingGames.JPG

There are still some issues obviously, but this at least gives us all enough potential cash generation to keep things interesting.

Thoughts?
      • Like Like x 1