TS-Bombers League 2012

Discussion in 'Leagues' started by TerryinBangkok, Aug 3, 2011.

1. dabombers

dabombers Active Member

Ok bummer supporters as TiB has put it so elegantly at the start of this thread last year.
    I've set up the TS-Bombers League. League ID. 943432

I will gladly do some writing for this great cause and admin the league.
    I will have to allow the first people who have shown interest back in August first spots and save one for the patron saint of super coach Walesy one spot.
    So that would be Walesy, TiB, Jake in NT, Chels, Hornsy, Tino, bgt2110, LethalDons, TheGeneral, 22nd best on field, clackerz, Dabombers, shanaz, WindyHillWizard, Weazel, FunkSoulBrother. That's 16 spots down already. From there it will be first to post their interest here gets in.
    Will be a very competitive league with some of the names above.

2. dabombers

dabombers Active Member

Ps sorry for some spelling mistakes typing on phone.

3. VanderHaar

VanderHaar New Member

ill join if you still have a spot

4. graeme

graeme Guest

count me in I see there is only 1 spot taken - have added me in. Dabombers, let me know if I have jumped the gun and I will "withdraw"

5. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

From general reading last year and this, you should get 18 Essendon supporters on TS easily. The only ? is whether they have used up their 5 leagues or not (hence a little urgency). Walesy may well be in that category, I am Port Adelaide (I just kicked off several leagues to help get people started) and Hornsy is that team that keeps insisting it is coming, but always ends up more of a dribble than a squirt.

Unfortunately we (I think temporarily) no longer have team identities above our avatar, so bit tricky for you to identify who are potential Bomber supporters.

6. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Paul VH and chels - just sign up using the league code guys - there will be spots (sorry dabombers to butt in but gotta grab them while their hot).

7. weazel

weazel Member

i'm in

8. VanderHaar

VanderHaar New Member

ok done terry and dabombers joined , let me know if ive jumped the gun
    cant seem to post to psyche out so sent dabombers a friend request on here

cheers

9. dabombers

dabombers Active Member

No worries TiB butt in whenever ya want. I can't be online 24/7.
    Just sign in guys. When you've done that could you just post you SC team name so we know who's in.
    Will leave it as first in best dressed.

10. FunkSoulBrother

FunkSoulBrother Member

Ive joined the league..Bring on the first game please!

11. shanaz

shanaz New Member

Lets try get this league filled up with essendon supporters. Itd be a shame to have a few randoms in there. Keep em coming guys. Oh and im Superstarshanaz in the league.

12. dabombers

dabombers Active Member

Looks like we have 4 spots left...
    Just got a PM from the Hawks league and it looks like some bombers supporters have joined their league... could be fun watching their thread during the year...

13. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

@dabombers - you must have misunderstood me mate - the 3 bombers are in my general TS league - the hawks league is untainted!

Mind you we did have one Freo random who tried to join up - but we booted him !

14. VanderHaar

VanderHaar New Member

well guys what do u think of the start ? league rank 33 and 1000 thank yous to hamish for missing (even tho i have him in my rucks )
    i was shafted with ledger like quite a few others , jobe scored ok and should get better
    feel dejected i didnt have the guts to go with paddy in the rucks .

15. VanderHaar

VanderHaar New Member

anyone from the dons league alive ? bit too quiet here lol still in shock of watching gc hit the front?

league ranked in the top 30 still tho we slipped from 19 to 28 or 29 .

hope we beating the pies league tho )

not looking forward to the blues game next week ... tho you never know

16. dabombers

dabombers Active Member

Hey all looks like we are All doing great. Yet not much action round here. Can't wait for the next weeks action. Gonna be tough but think we might have a shot at beating both arch rivals.

17. Lethaldons

Lethaldons New Member

Hey Guys, looks like our leagues tracking well (Great work so far!!), As for the team i am sh####g myself this week with all our injuries coming up against the inform blues isnt something that i am looking foward too. In saying that traditonally it hasnt mattered where we are on the ladder they are always good games (have deleted last years final from my memory), Would happiy take the draw again!! I am looking foward to Anzac day although first time in 4 years i wont be there and i reckon we are in with a big shot!! Just spewin about pendles 60 odd this weekend would of rather he done that next wednesday and not rip us apart to claim another anzac day medal!!

Will be intresting to see how we manage the team this week personally if we are in with a shot the players are just going to have to take the workload and back it up 4 days latter.

To knock both of would be awesome but will be damn happy if we sit 4-1 after anzac day!!

18. VanderHaar

VanderHaar New Member

if u gave me a choice id prefer our guys to not turn up vs blues ...field bendigo or something ,,,and go for the pies lol
    but honestly im hoping we dont get a few goals down vs blues then throw in the towel cause of the short break,

league has been goin real well top 30 , lets see how we pull up through the carnage this week

go the dons ~!

19. VanderHaar

VanderHaar New Member

what a great win by the dons ... now carlton know how we felt last year when we lost 2 in the first quarter .... but a great coaching pln and great to see the guys stuck to a bewdifull game plan.
    we will be knackered at 3/4 time on anzac day tho (

as for the league lost a close one ...avoided all doughnuts but still just scraped over 2k (

20. bgt2110

bgt2110 Moderator Staff Member

Will be a game of last man standing on Wednesday, either team gets 3 or 4 goals down will probably find it hard to come back from there. Our best chance to beat the pies for a few years, hears hoping for a 5-0 start to the season.