TS Fantasy NBA 16/17 season

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by anthak, Oct 25, 2016.

By anthak on Oct 25, 2016 at 12:41 AM
  1. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

The season is finally upon us! Yeah!

The Knicks and the Cavs kick things off on opening night at 10:30am Wednesday morning Melbourne time.
    Should be a great season once again, with a lot of teams on the improve this year I reckon.

Let us know your predictions in the comments - Champion, MVP, ROY etc

Regarding our fantasy season, here are links to the 4 leagues:
    Premier League
    Division 1
    Div 2 - Conference 1
    Div 2 - Conference 2

We'll try to get results from all 4 leagues posted each week throughout the season. Its always interesting comparing the teams across all leagues, but also check out the other league homepages from time to time, see who's getting dropped and picked up etc, see the different strategies played by your peers in other leagues.

I notice that some of you have not set up your team name and abbreviation. For those that don't know where to do this, the team settings can be found through a link just under the main picture on your "My Team" homepage.

Also, for the new players, ICYMI, Steve gave a basic rundown of how some aspects of the game work HERE
    Have a look there for details about free agent pickups, lockouts, and the IR spot.
    Every day a maximum of 10 players can score for you. Any players in your "bench" slots in your roster will not count towards your score. Make sure that you set your roster so that players playing games are in your first 10 roster spots and not in your bench spots unless you cant fit them in your scoring positions.
    You can set your roster in advance too so you dont have to do it every day, unless you want to ;)

If anyone has any questions, ask us in the comments below and someone will be able to help you out.

Regarding promotion/relegation for this year. I think this is what we settled on. Make sure to speak up if you have any major issue with this approach:

Premier League
    3 teams will be relegated:
    the bottom team at the end of the regular season;
    and (excluding the team with the worst reg season record) the two teams with the lowest 'Points For' at the end of our regular season.

Division 1
    3 teams will be promoted:
    the GF winning team;
    the team with the best regular season 'Points For' (excluding GF winner of course);
    And (excluding 2 already promoted teams) the team with the best rank during regular season.

5 teams will be relegated:
    the bottom two ranked teams at the end of our reg season;
    and (excluding the two bottom ranked teams) the three teams with the lowest 'Points For' at the end of the reg season.

Division 2
    5 teams will be promoted:
    the champion of each conference;
    the team with best record at end of regular season in each conference;
    and excluding the 4 already promoted, the team with the best points for - can be from either league

Exemptions:
    ** Any teams that make the playoffs/finals are exempt from relegation.
    ** And the get-out wildcard clause if you do happen to find yourself in the relegation zone.
    - Anyone who wins all 3 games during playoffs/finals is exempt from relegation; and the lowest ranked at end of regular season will be relegated in their stead (that isnt already being relegated of course).

Good luck to everyone. Have fun :)

• Like Like x 4

Comments

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by anthak, Oct 25, 2016.

• Tags:
    1. anthak
      anthak
      Ok, I asked for predictions so I should put mine out there:

Champion: GSW
      East Champ: Cavs (even without Delly)
      MVP: James Harden
      ROY: Buddy Hield
      Most improved: (even though he wont really be most improved, his increased role will prob give him a good chance) Dennis Schroder
      Defensive player of year: Andrew Bogut
      6th man: Ken Faried
      Most improved team: I wish I could say the Bulls, but I'm gonna go with the Bucks
    2. Len
      Len
      Great organisiation mate :)

Champions: Bucks
      MVP: Westbrook
      Best Roy: Hibbert :)
    3. Steve
      Steve
      Don't forget to upgrade your trading block as well as this allows everyone to see what players are available for trade and what players are untouchable.

Champion: Warriors
      East Champ: Cavs
      MVP: Westbrook
      Most improved team: Jazz - will finish in the top 4 in the West
    4. Len
      Len
      Serious question;
      In the head to head matchups for each round, if a player plays twice, do both scores count?
    5. anthak
      anthak
      Yes mate, a max of 10 scores every day, so for example if a player plays 5 times during the matchup and youve got them in a scoring position (not on the bench) for all 5 then all will count towards your team's total score for the matchup.
      Is that clear?
      • Like Like x 1
    6. Len
      Len
      yep, thanks mate
      • Like Like x 1
    7. anthak
      anthak
      I did update the comment slightly after you read/quoted it, but im glad you now understand :)
      • Like Like x 1
    8. walesy
      walesy
      Yep. All the scores for each player, each week- that's on the field, go into your tally for that week.

Also, you get 5 trades per week, so there's a lot of benefit in using those to trade in and out of the bottom end of your squad to maximise points for each week.
      • Like Like x 2
    9. HEAVER
      HEAVER
      Champion: GSW
      West Champ: GSW
      East Champ: Cavs
      MVP: James Harden (HOU)
      ROY: Joel Embiid - does he qualify? (PHI)
      Most improved: D.Russell (LAL)
      Defensive player of year: Rudy Gobert (UTA)
      6th man: Brandon Knight (PHO)
      Most improved team: T'Wolves
    10. Bearfly
      Bearfly
      Don't know enough to make any predictions, but am pumped for the season to kick off :)

Anyone know where I can access live streams without having to pay out for NBA Live pass??? Just can't afford what their subscription costs are atm :(
    11. Bearfly
      Bearfly
      Also, anyone here a collector of NBA trading cards???
      If so then let me know - have got quite a good inventory here with a variety of cards from low end right up to some quality higher end stuff - including some really good graded "slabs" - range includes current players as well as past players including several legends (some quality Jordan graded "slabs")!!!
    12. stowie
      stowie
      Champs: Hard to look past that Warriors squad
      East Champ: LBJ
      MVP: Beastbrook
      ROTY: Embiiiiiiiid #TRUSTTHEPROCESS
      MIP: Devin Booker
      DPOY: Kawhi
      6MOTY: Brandon Knight
      • Like Like x 1
    13. bgt2110
      bgt2110
      Thanks Ant, i can't remember if ESPN update their player positions during the season. Would love Aldridge to become a C/PF or are they locked in for the entire season ?
    14. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      GSW
      Spurs
      Clippers
      Rockets
      Blazers
      Thunder
      Grizzlies
      Jazz
      Mavericks
      Timberwolves
      Nuggets
      Pelicans
      Suns
      Kings
      Lakers

Cavaliers
      Raptors
      Pacers
      Celtics
      Wizards
      Bulls
      Hawks
      Hornets
      Pistons
      Heat
      Knicks
      Magic
      Bucks
      76ers
      Nets

MVP - Westbrook
      ROY - Murray
      DPOY - Kawhi
      Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
      • Like Like x 1
    15. Steve
      Steve
      The player positions can update during the season. So keep an eye out for it.

They have been cracking down on the live streams in the last few years. I am not sure if there are any still out there?

At least ESPN have upgraded the number of games they will be showing this year live. Double headers every Thurs, Fri and Sat plus a game on Sunday. Might have to take a few sickies on Fridays during the season ;)
    16. Rad_E_Cool
      Rad_E_Cool
      Lists of live streams can be found on game day via www.reddit.com/r/nbastreams.
      An alternative to League Pass that I can't vouch for but am looking into is Hehe Streams.
      • Like Like x 2
    17. Jai Thomas
      Jai Thomas
      Anyone want to weigh in on which Aussie has the best season...relative to their baseline stats?
      Thinking Bogut goes well in Dallas, Delly shines too
    18. Len
      Len
      This is the espn we get with Fox yeah?
      • Like Like x 1
    19. anthak
      anthak
      Ingles will hopefully get more of a look in while Hayward is out.
      Im also hoping Bogut can handle bigger minutes and the opportunity to be a scoring option.
      Stoked Delly is starting.
      Looking forward to seeing how the youngens go too, Maker, Exum et al

Should be great :)