TS Fantasy NBA: 2015/16 draft results

Discussion in 'Blog' started by anthak, Oct 25, 2015.

By anthak on Oct 25, 2015 at 11:00 AM
  1. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

See the table below for the average draft position (ADP) for all players selected in our 4 drafts.

Each draft had 156 players selected.
    In all, there were 179 players selected.
    138 of those were selected in all 4 leagues.
    There were 20 players who were selected in just one league each.

The list below ranks all 179 players in order of their ADP.

Anthony Davis is the highest ranked player after being picked at #1 in all 4 drafts.
    Jordan Hill is the lowest ranked, after being selected with the last pick of the Division 1 draft and not being picked up at all in any of the others.
    Isaiah Canaan is the highest ranked of players selected in just 1 draft, after being selected at 126 in Division 1, and not at all in the others.
    Tony Snell is the lowest ranked, and Amir Johnson is the highest ranked, of players who were selected in just 2 drafts.
    Gerald Henderson is the lowest ranked], and Myles Turner is the highest ranked,of players who were selected in just 3 drafts. Turner was not picked up in Division 1.
    Harrison Barnes is the lowest ranked of players selected in all 4 drafts.

With an eye on the waiver wire...
    The highest ranked player, not selected in Division 3, was Rodney Hood.
    The highest ranked, not selected in Division 2, was Jabari Parker.
    ]The highest ranked, not selected in Division 1, was Myles Turner.
    ]]The highest ranked, not selected in Premier league, was Amir Johnson

Without looking at standard deviations and such, here's some strange ones Ive seen at a glance:
    Carmello Anthony was picked at 25 in Div 1, and 12, 14 & 15 in the others.
    Serge Ibaka was picked at 36 in Premier, and just 16, 19 & 20 in the others.
    Nerlens Noel was picked at 47 in Premier, and 30, 21 & 21 in the others
    Kyrie Irving was picked at 21 in Premier, and 35, 39 & 46 in the others
    Danny Green slipped to 91 in Premier, and went at 58, 56 & 54 in the others
    Tyreke Evans was picked in the 50s in both Premier and Div 3, and all the way down at 114 in Div 2
    David Lee was picked in Premier at 69, but 86, 94 & 98 in the others
    Enes Kanter was picked at 67 in Div 1, but 93, 99 & 99 in the others
    Rajon Rondo slipped all the way to 139 in Div 3, whilst being picked at 90, 89 & 77 in the others
    Kentavious Caldwell-Pope was pickedat 145 in Premier, but consistently at 117, 117 & 111 in the others
    Aaron Gordon was picked high at 95 in Premier, and 130, 135 &140 in the others
    Brandon Jennings got picked at 105 in Premier, and 145, 146 &150 in the others

Here's the data
    If a player was not drafted in a league, I have assigned them pick 157 for that particular league.

[​IMG]

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by anthak, Oct 25, 2015.

1. anthak
      anthak
      Hi Emes,
      Yes, you are right that only 1 team will be promoted from Div 3 this season. It is the grand final winner.
      It is mainly because we will not have a Division 2 at all next season, as we are moving to a 3 tiered system with a Premier league, a Division 1, and then several leagues all feeding into Division 1.
      So in effect, all Division 3 teams this season will be promoted, as all will be a step closer to Div 1 :)
      Just 1 of them (the grand final winner) will jump all the way up to Div 1 immediately...

Last year we had 5 teams moving between Division 3 and Division 2.

The new system, which was proposed by a league member and then voted in by the majority of members, can be found here: http://tooserious.net/forum/Forum/tabid/91/forumid/6/postid/78772/scope/posts/Default.aspx#78772

2. anthak
    3. crossy
      crossy
      no worries ant! thanks for the reply! ill miss locking horns with you this year :)
    4. chris88
      chris88
      Looks at team after draft
      4 injured players, 2-3 Knicks, one guy I chose by mistake
      Clearly in the league just to make up the numbers.No time for research shows.
    5. LiQuiD_SiXx
      LiQuiD_SiXx
      can always trade your way out of a bad draft
    6. anthak
      anthak
      Steph Curry, stop it! 29 pts in first half, already up to 60+ fpts at half time
    7. HEAVER
      HEAVER
      after the first half...AD is now on the trade block! *takes deep breath*...

have to remind myself: 'don't panic, there's another 81 games to go....'
    8. anthak
      anthak
      Seeing Ruddy and L6's reviews, I'll list my picks here too:

2 - Steph Curry... I had been planning to pick Harden here, and I had been considering Westbrook too, but about 2 hours before the draft, I decided to pick Steph, just because I like watching him play so much :) I dont like Harden and Westbrook much. Anyway, pick 2 is handy to have, because its difficult to go wrong really.

28 - Jeff Teague... I was hoping for Lowry or Bledsoe here, and I intended to pick Teague with my 3rd pick, but seeing Lowry and Bledsoe get drafted early, I decided to snap up Teague, who was actually ranked top 20 on my list.

33 - Kenneth Faried... New coach will hopefully unleash him for big minutes. Id intended to draft him at 40, but was also happy with 33 pre draft too. I had wanted to get 2 of Lowry, Bledsoe, Teague and Faried with these 2 picks, and I got them, so my pick trades worked out alright I think.

40 - Al Horford... Another that got shuffled up for me, after I was planning to pick him at 45. I keep reading that he is underrated, but with so many people saying it, Im not sure he is actually underated. Should be a good pick for me. I nearly picked Brook Lopez here, because he was ranked higher on my list than Horford, and I couldnt decide. In the end, I panicked with the clock ticking and picked Horford because I had already been hoping to get him anyway.

45 - Reggie Jackson - Stoked to get him. I didnt expect him to last this far. Should be in for a big season.

64 - Marcin Gortat... I was aiming to pick him up later in the draft, at 69. So I went for him a pick earlier, as has been the theme right through the picks so far. But Im stoked to get him. Should be in for a big season again, with more pick n roll opportunities.

69 - David Lee... Leading up to the pick, I had Zach Randolph all ready to pick, but then he got picked at 68! and then I was really unsure what to do. I was thinking about Lee or Parsons, and I decided on Lee and thought I would get Parsons in a couple of picks. Lee was higher on my rankings than Parsons. In hindsight, I probably should have done it the other way around, seeing that Lee had an ADP of ~87, and Parsons got snapped up with the next pick.

71 - Danilo Galinari... Yep, had Parsons in line for this pick, but he got picked at 70. I really needed a SF because I hadnt picked one yet! Gallo and Aminu were the SF highest on my list, so I took Gallo and thought I could get Aminu the next pick.

98 - Al-Farouq Aminu... I was happy to reach for him. Won't have a lot of competition for minutes this season. I'd been planning to draft him for ages, and I was kinda disappointed he'd had an impressive pre-season because it meant I would need to use a higher pick on him. Still, 98 is ok. Looking forward to a breakout year :)

112 - Mason Plumlee... I wanted another C, and the Cs were all being snapped up early. So I jumped in and grabbed Mason Plumlee. Im not sure how he will go. I hope as good as last season's numbers or better. Will depend on how the frontcourt minutes get shared out at Portland this season. Theres a few players there for the minutes to be shared amongst.I think Mason Plumlee has a lot of potential in my opinion.

143 - Jose Calderon... Late round fliers from now on. Who knows how Calderon could go, but he'll hopefully get a decent amount of minutes and could wind back the clock on occasion.

146 - Tony Allen... Very speculative pick. Im just hoping he breaks into the starting 5, because he can be a solid contributor in our scoring system with decent minutes. I think the coach likes him.

148 - Tony Wroten... Last pick. Wanted a player for my IR. Was choosing out of Wroten and Motiejunas. was almost a flip of the coin. I went with Wroten. He'll just sit on my IR for a while.

All in all, Im happy with my team (but not as much as last year). Looking around the league I can see there are other teams who my mob will struggle to cut it against, but we'll wait and see. It's all up in the air at this stage of the season, and difficult to predict :)

9. anthak
      anthak
      Also FWIW, which isnt much... the top teams in each league in my opinion are:
      These are in no particular order. And apologies to others - there were lots of other good teams, but I tried to just pick 4 from each league.

Premier:
      THE TICKING TIME BOMB
      HERSEY HAWKINS ATHLETIC CLUB
      KINGS OF KARLOS
      TS HEAVER!

Division 1:
      OH SIXTEEN
      RUN TMC
      EL BONANZAS
      WAFTY BOXES

Division 2:
      NETTIN BLATCHE
      TEAM SHORT
      BROADY BRONCOS
      JIMMY G. BUCKETS

Division 3:
      LARRY BYRD GANG
      MR PEGGASOREARSE
      THE DELLY OF THE BEAST
      LAINO'S NUGGETS

10. That KI Guy
      That KI Guy
      Nice kiss of death Ant. :p
      I was already on the back foot.
    11. Steve
      Steve
      Looking forward to going to Amway Centre tomorrow night. Will be great to watch Durant and Westbrook live.

Then on Monday night I will be going to Clippers and Suns.

Not sure what to make of my team. A lot will depend on whether Rose and BroLo can last the season. Both are made of glass so I will have my fingers crossed that they stay on the court otherwise I will struggle.
    12. Rad_E_Cool
      Rad_E_Cool
      If you reached for Aminu at 98th pick with your height, I must've rented a bloody cherry-picker to get him at 85!

Biggest regret of the draft was wanting both Aminu and Meyers Leonard, but thinking Aminu would be gone by around 100 and Leonard would be still there at 132. I should've got Leonard earlier and Aminu later, and not worry about Henson for Greg Monroe insurance.
    13. anthak
      anthak
      I see Tony Allen got the start today :)
      He still played less min than Green tho
    14. anthak
      anthak
      hahaha, well outside of us two, Aminu was picked at 128, and 119.

I missed Meyers Leonard too. He went earlier than I expected. But I didnt want to use a pick too high for Leonard.
    15. Steve
      Steve
      Wow what a game!

The shot by Westbrook to send the game into OT was incredible.

Then the shot by Oladipo as time expired in the first OT was huge. The noise when he made that shot was unbelievable. The stadium was only half full.

The Magic choked in regulation. Westbrook and Durant were fantastic all night but Kanter was the one who got OKC going in the 4th qtr.
    16. anthak
      anthak
      I was thinking of you, when i was watching the highlights. What a game to go to.

17. Owen
      Owen
      What a game to see live! Sooo jealous!