TS Fantasy NBA 2023/24! Express your interest

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by anthak, Sep 16, 2023.

By anthak on Sep 16, 2023 at 11:26 PM
  1. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Getting this going a bit later than usual!

We’ll be going around again this NBA season with our fantasy NBA TS leagues. I can’t wait for the new season.

Please comment in here if you are keen to take part.

If you are new to our TS fantasy NBA leagues, please also PM me your email address.

I will do a new thread in a week or so with more info about our rules etc.

Comments

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by anthak, Sep 16, 2023.

1. Mick Webb
      Mick Webb
      Yes, very keen. Bondi Chooks are going again.
    2. Don_Cottagers
      Don_Cottagers
      Thanks Ant - I’m in
    3. bgt2110
      bgt2110
      Looking forward to the new season as well, I'm in
    4. anthak
      anthak
      I’m in too btw
    5. tasho
      tasho
      Been waiting for this post, I am in!
    6. James84
      James84
      I'll go around again
    7. dabombers
      dabombers
      Hi all, I had already contacted Anthak at the end of last season, but I am going to have to pass on playing this year.

I have loved playing with/against all of you since this was started all those years ago.

And I will always love being the name of the first seasons champion. ( Haven’t won diddly squat since ). And also they player who destroyed trading, that initial season I pulled off a bit of a mulligan 2 for 1 trade, which propelled me to the title, since then everyone has become skeptical of the old 2 for 1 trick, or trading of any sort. The game has become draft and die by the waiver wire. Which just isn’t as fun as negotiating trades with other players. Hope there becomes more interactions between you all.

Anyway I need a break to focus on other life stuff that need to come at the sacrifice of things like fantasy sports.

A special thanks to Anthak for keeping this going all these years and the time spent organising everything, your effort is appreciated.
      To those who have been consistent players or contributors and competitors over the years I will miss you and wish you all the best. Thanks for the memories.
      • Like Like x 6
    8. HEAVER
      HEAVER
      Count me in again. Gotta defend my championship
    9. tyze1
    10. Rad_E_Cool
    11. karlos
      karlos
      I'm in again. Sucker for punishment. Farewell dabombers, I'll never forget that first season with 20 teams, so ultra-competitive and you couldn't get much off the wire so trading was a must.
    12. anthak
      anthak
      Hey mate, you’ll definitely be missed in the leagues. You’ve been a big part of it all these years! Our inaugural champion!! It’s been great knowing you, we’ve had some awesome banter.

I wish you all the best! Keep an eye out in future years if ever you want to rejoin.
    13. smokinjoemisiti
      smokinjoemisiti
      I’m out this season unfortunately guys. Enjoy
      • Like Like x 1
    14. crossy
      crossy
      I am in. cheers for setting it up again Ant.
    15. anthak
      anthak
      Oh no, another stalwart dropping out! Been with us every season except the first!

Thanks heaps with your support with the running of this comp over the years mate! You’ll be missed around here too!

All the best!
    16. churchboy
    17. Bearfly
      Bearfly
      Pist'N'Broke looking forward to another season
    18. nicksnow
      nicksnow
      I'm keen to go round again. Thanks for getting things organised
    19. nicksnow
      nicksnow
      Unfortunately I think trading is just limited when it comes to the points format. Unless you have some positional issues you're either trading away a lesser scoring player or the other party thinks you're trying to pull a fast one on them.

There is some incentive to trade in CAT based leagues when tweaking strategies but not really in points leagues
      • Like Like x 1