TS is open for 2022

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Feb 6, 2022.

By walesy on Feb 6, 2022 at 8:41 PM
  1. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

Good evening peeps. The site is now officially rolled over for the 2022 season.

As always, let me know if anything is a little skewiff! Other than that, good luck y'all!

• Like Like x 7

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Feb 6, 2022.

1. choppers
      choppers
      In tsLeagues, all "Retired Players" appear to be those players who moved Clubs and show up in the various league teams without positions
      eg: Banchang Barcrawlers in ORFFU has Dawson Greenwood and Ladhams all without players positions afforded to them....
      • Like Like x 1
    2. That KI Guy
      That KI Guy
      Yeah ditto to this.
      Plus Lachie Jones port, has no position.
      • Like Like x 1
    3. choppers
      choppers

These same 3 players, whilst showing up in the Banchang team, are also showing as Free Agents....
    4. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      Every year there are a number of duplicated players.

PLEASE DO NOT DELIST THE ORIGINAL PLAYER AND ADD THE NEW PLAYER TO YOUR LIST IN THEIR PLACE. THIS WILL CAUSE FUTURE ISSUES WHEN A FIX OCCURS.

What is handy is if the FULL link to each player can be posted to identify the old and player Id's, per the Lipinski example below, so @walesy can "kill off" the mutant, and "unduplicate" the original. This ensures the players past scoring history from previous seasons carries forward.

I won't get a chance to look until Friday/Saturday so perhaps the ORFFU coaches can do the work on behalf of the community while experiencing downtime between draft picks, and help site admin to turn this around quickly and easily.
    5. TheTassieHawk
    6. snoz
      snoz
      Have noticed: A player who changed clubs during the off season (ex. Jordan Dawson)...a Grasshopper in ORFFA.
      The SYD version remains on my list, however the Craws version now shows as a Free Agent. Am assuming this
      has happened to other traded players also. Is the fix to just delete the OLD version, and add back in the new team/player ?
    7. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      As above mate, we don’t want to lose the first x seasons of player data, any chance you can link both players records so they can be easily identified and sorted ?
      • Option 1 Option 1 x 1
    8. stripey
      stripey
      And here I was trying to figure out why Hamish Hartlett's link didn't work any more... I had no idea he'd been delisted... o_O
      • Like Like x 1
    9. walesy
      walesy
      Bah, stupid name matching script let me down (Or maybe just didn't run :thinkyface: :thinkyface:)

I'll get the duplicates merged in the not too distant future, just bare with me- started a new job 2 weeks back and it's hugely busy!
      • Like Like x 8
    10. JPK
    11. JPK
      JPK
      • Like Like x 1
    12. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      Lipinski, Dawson, Fort, Dumont and others should get tidied up in the next update, which will be no earlier than Sunday
      • Like Like x 1
    13. walesy
      walesy
      ok, these should be sorted now. Thanks guys for the heads up!
      • Like Like x 3
    14. choppers
      choppers
      I don't know that it really matters, but my 4 Banchang players who changed AFL Clubs, Dawson Greenwood Hewett and Ladhams are still showing as being at their old Clubs in tsLeagues..
    15. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      Club can be changed very easily as I have sub access.

Dies someone want to check the whole player list in stats and list the required chnages?

I can then update in 10 mins on Monday night.
    16. choppers
      choppers
      It appears that the players who changed Clubs show up correctly at their new Clubs in the Stats page but are still showing at their old Clubs in tsLeagues.
      I also have 2 x Will Hamills at Banchang...(ORFFU)
      • Like Like x 1
    17. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      There were still a few players with issues but greatly reduced from version 1.

@walesy will have to look at how TSLeagues talks to the DB but if it is correct in stats then hopefully it is an easy fix
    18. eagle_eyed
      eagle_eyed
      • Like Like x 2
    19. TerryinBangkok
      TerryinBangkok
      "Bare with you" Chief? Planning more kids?

Wonderful work as always.

Just to let you know Addicts are firing up again. Not sure if it has been rolled over as, e.g. Constable still at Geelong, Chol still at Richmond. Thanks in advance.
      • Like Like x 1