[ts] Trading Games 2013

Discussion in 'Leagues' started by warsaken, Feb 6, 2013.

1. frostylane

frostylane New Member

My daughter's team Meldees has done these trades so far.
    Round 2. Vlastuin > Wines Broughton > Stevenson
    Round 3. Ryder > Dwyer (lost points, made money) McCaffer . Rockliff.
    Dropped to 14th overall and 162 points behind stripey.

2. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

My son's trades to date: ROUND 3 OUT Vlastuin IN Stevenson OUT Karnezis IN Dwyer ROUND 2 OUT Mitchell IN Kommer OUT Broughton IN Hartlett Not setting the world on fire to this point!

3. warsaken

warsaken Active Member

I've told my pet Llama to trade a little different to me this week. Our teams are looking very similar!
    Va***e > S****s & **i**i** > S***l***
    I'm sure you can work it out :D

4. J_C

J_C Guest

My wife's trades thus far: Round 2 OUT Vlastuin IN Wines & OUT Broughton IN Hartlett Round 3 OUT Mitchell IN Stevenson & OUT Macaffer IN Dwyer Round 4 OUT Ryder IN Leuenberger & OUT Varcoe IN LeCras

5. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

A range of capt choices in league # 2 cox and jpk on 2 each and several others picked only the once, we could see plenty of movement on this weeks leaderboard

6. Mad_Mattigan

Mad_Mattigan Member

TheOnion wrote:
    My Sri Lankan half brother has some spare cash and he is in love with a bearded lady. I am worried he will trade in No. 39 from the Power. Sometimes love is the drug! I couldn't bring my self to do it...

7. TheOnion

TheOnion Member

Jump up bubble up - what's in store, Love is the drug and I need to score, Showing out, showing out, hit and run, Boy meets girl as beat goes on. Stitched up tight, can't break free, Love is the drug, got a hook on me. J Westhoff is a chance to be the next PM of Sri Lanka

8. Mad_Mattigan

Mad_Mattigan Member

Didn't bring in the Hoff, but trading wasn't a complete failure.
    Ranked 17th after last round then banged out the highest score for the round (in Trading Games league 1).
    Took a risk and traded out Dangerfield for Wingard... Banking $220k and only dropping 25 points for this week... More cash bonuses to come! The extra cash let me upgrade Varcoe to Rockliff... A nice little earner and cash cow (Wingard) and a (hopefully) keeper (Rocky). Pretty happy so far.
    I've decided that my trading strategy for this comp will be ultra aggressive early. This is different to my usual strategy, but hey, what's the point of being in a trading comp and not trading?!

9. TheOnion

TheOnion Member

Nice work MM

10. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

First time doing anything like a trading game! So Fitzy's Fury is experimenting, and is hoping the cash generation scheme he has going, will work! But not expecting much! :) Nice trading MM

11. TheTassieHawk

its probably worthwhile putting up the leaderboard every few weeks so we can track who is moving up and dropping off and who is building up the most $$$ wars -not sure why but I don't seem to have permission to doupload a pic !

12. warsaken

warsaken Active Member

/Portals/0/User%20Images/TG%20round4.jpg

13. warsaken

warsaken Active Member

My pet Llama is happy with his trades so far, but languishing down near the bottom. Needs to pull his finger out.
    Not having the E on Macaffer gave him a donut when Lee pulled out.

14. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

My student's wondering how many more chances he should give Gaz, he might score well vs GWS but... He might compare the BEs between Gaz and Kane, should he take the $100K and hope Ablett keeps up his crap?

15. TheOnion

TheOnion Member

I doubt you'll ever get a straight answer to that in this forum holky...mainly due to the fact that there are some cruel and cynical trading games players (he he he ) who will deliberately lead you up the wrong track. In case you hadn't noticed, its a competitive bunch ! Try the thumbs up thumbs down system on front page would be my advice once the Rd 5 Teams forum is under way.

16. warsaken

warsaken Active Member

Raimi (my pet Llama) will be focusing on more cash generation this week. Not sure if that means he is letting his Cows fatten or he is downgrading???

17. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

My daughter undecided this week, kill off Vlastuin & Colquhoun for fresh meat actuallycooking, or do nothing. Lazy bugger will probably do nothing...

18. Mad_Mattigan

Mad_Mattigan Member

Lenh191 wrote:
    My daughter undecided this week, kill off Vlastuin & Colquhoun for fresh meat actuallycooking, or do nothing. Lazy bugger will probably do nothing... Vlastuin named on the park... Colquhoun emerg.
    Resisted the urge to sideways Enright into Birch... Was soooo tempted to pull the trigger! Picked up two more rookies instead to raise more cash. I figure that even if Birch does go off and go up another 50 odd grand, the rookies will too and will then go again the week after hopefully.
    Viney and Karnezis out for Kerridge ( yes I know... a week early) and Mayes. But this has opened up my mid/fwd DPP and with Vlastuin being picked I might take a punt and early cull a port defender into Docherty and then look to upgrade one of my weaker lines.

19. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

My squad used the money generated from previous weeks to bring in Pendles, happy with his performance yesterday!

20. TheTassieHawk

With viney rested I have to trade a non playing rookie mid out to avoid a donut so that's my focus this week given I am not overly sold onrookies who are on the bubble, and am a bit short to upgrade I was also eyeing off enright and danger as the 2 underperforming 'premiums'. I could still trade one if their breakevens and draw ahead don't inspire me. While in seasons past I would have probably left them there until midseason (or later) the extra 6 trades this year have to be used some time. It will be interesting whether many take jpk's 109 as captain, seems a little on the unders side to me, just hard to tell who is going to score more and am sure If I pick Birchall or Westhoff then whichever one I pick will have a quiet one, while the other one will keep up the good form.