[ts] Trading Games 2013

Discussion in 'Leagues' started by warsaken, Feb 6, 2013.

1. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

HOLKY wrote:<br/>My student's wondering how many more chances he should give Gaz, he might score well vs GWS but... He might compare the BEs between Gaz and Kane, should he take the $100K and hope Ablett keeps up his crap?&#160; Holky, gaj is averaging 130, scored 130 last week, reckon you should look elsewhere in your team to trade out underperformers, if you are keen on cornes perhaps kill of dangerfield or enright to bring him in. Rememeber corneses from will prbably drop off so be ready to dop him like a hot potato like the smartestest of coachesbwould have with Stanton in 2012

2. Mad_Mattigan

Mad_Mattigan Member

'Madness and Ingenuity prove so often inseperable, so why seperate them?' Holky... Your signature needs to be your over riding trading principle too...
    Separating Gaz from your team is madness! If' you've got him keep him. Maybe not as captain, of that's your choice, but it's wasteful to trade him out.
    Whenever I'm trading I always try to find the greatest benefit to my team. This means the difference between what the player going out is putting up vs whoever is coming in. Trading Gaz for Kornes gets you 10 points (if Kane keeps it up - unlikely). Whereas moving someone else might gain you 50 points.

3. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

My daughter performed as anticipated, and stayed in bed rather than trade this week......

4. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Very funny Len. :)

5. warsaken

warsaken Active Member

Pittard a late out might catch a few this week.

6. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

warsaken wrote:
    Pittard a late out might catch a few this week. Shhh.....

7. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Me for one, hoping Terlich steps up now, not massivelydisappointedas I almost went that way anyway...

8. J_C

J_C Guest

Fixed Pittard/Stevenson in my team, but my wife didn't get around to it. Donut for Pittard with No E on Stevenson when he wasn't named. 87 points down the drain. :(

9. Jason

Dangerfield to Watson this week, my son is quite happy with how that worked out.

10. warsaken

warsaken Active Member

Enright &amp;gt; Birchall Karnezis &amp;gt; Horlin-Smith
    Looks good so far. Lets hope Birch keeps pumping them out.

11. TheTassieHawk

Dear old dad only just topped 2000, will be very likely to drop below some of the league 1 teams who fared a bit better <br/> <br/>Traded evans in for mitchell this week, will most likely be trading hard the next few weeks if injuries resting suspensions bite hard

12. warsaken

warsaken Active Member

I can't believe Raimi locked in Buddy as captain ...

13. Jason

2247 and highest score in the [ts]TradingGames 1 league. How is it possible to check the entire group situation, in terms of total points scored? Is this only possible after lockout is over?

14. J_C

J_C Guest

Jason wrote:
    2247 and highest score in the [ts]TradingGames 1 league. How is it possible to check the entire group situation, in terms of total points scored? Is this only possible after lockout is over? I think so Jason. Groups wouldn't show updated scores until then I imagine.

15. J_C

J_C Guest

JC wrote:
    Fixed Pittard/Stevenson in my team, but my wife didn't get around to it. Donut for Pittard with No E on Stevenson when he wasn't named. 87 points down the drain. :( Well it turns out the donut cost the wife a league win and, more importantly, significant points overall with a lowly 2049. She'll have to creative with some upgrades if she's to claw back some lost points.

16. TheTassieHawk

Fyfe and goodes offered 1 and 2 respectively, if these are accpeted it Will be interesting whether many still holding fyfe will factor in his injury risk and decide to flip him for a topliner

17. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

HOLKY wrote:
    He's not my captain this week and my student's seriously considering dropping him again. But I know if I drop him, he'll come good that very round. He's got GWS in R5 so he'll keep him for now. Plus I've used up both trades. For the 2nd week in a row my student's captain is not a midfielder... Round 5 reminds me of a story of a psychic who couldn't follow his own advice, a moral that you can't trust Port. Being traded in for Abelett slew Kane, costing my student 20th place and 160 POINTS! Based on my luck, I'll trade Ablett back in and he'll go back to 100 and it'll cost me money but at least I'll have security. p.s. PORT ARE CHOKERS!!

18. Mad_Mattigan

Mad_Mattigan Member

Flip! I was never sold on Fyfe, and will use his two week layoff as the perfect excuse to give him the old Freo 'Heave-ho'!

19. Mad_Mattigan

Mad_Mattigan Member

HOLKY wrote:
    HOLKY wrote:
    He's not my captain this week and my student's seriously considering dropping him again. But I know if I drop him, he'll come good that very round. He's got GWS in R5 so he'll keep him for now. Plus I've used up both trades. For the 2nd week in a row my student's captain is not a midfielder... Round 5 reminds me of a story of a psychic who couldn't follow his own advice, a moral that you can't trust Port. Being traded in for Abelett slew Kane, costing my student 20th place and 160 POINTS! Based on my luck, I'll trade Ablett back in and he'll go back to 100 and it'll cost me money but at least I'll have security. p.s. PORT ARE CHOKERS!! Port are chokers? They stormed home to beat one of the best sides of 2012!
    Without crying 'hindsight!', your suggestion for trading out the greatest SC player of all time, might indicate that the only choking accusation could be aimed at anyone who might have been panic trading!

20. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

Yes, hindsight is wonderful and my student was chasing points, I've been burned by that constantly but my normal team kept Ablett. Chasing points is an art I've not yet perfected, I wonder if it is possible to perfect it. I wonder how many people traded to Kane though. They probably traded lesser players though. My plan was to trade Ablett for Cornes, take the difference as cash, then hope Cornes catches up to Ablett on price, trade back and use the cash to upgrade a midpricer... probably Suban. I have to make some correctionals this week so I might check the BEs again, Gold Coast play Freo and Port play North. I'm keeping Kane, making 1 corrrectional trade and putting JJK (or JPK) as captain.