[ts] Trading Games 2013

Discussion in 'Leagues' started by warsaken, Feb 6, 2013.

1. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

HOLKY wrote:
    Chasing points is an art I've not yet perfected. if your student traded GAJ to Kane Cornes then he/she has perfected the art of chasing round 1-4 points, unfortunately at the likely expense of future points !! as for trading in Kane, I am sure a few thousand coaches woudl have. Nota bad move if it is was for an underperforming (ie sub 100 avg) mid such as Dangerfield, Dal Santoor Priddis (pre injury) IFKane can outperform them over the rest of the year by a 10-15ppg margin Kanewill be one my dad looks at when upgrading in the mids, but the year in year out performers (ie Pendles, GAJ, Swan, Watsonetc) will be at the top of the list I would think

2. warsaken

warsaken Active Member

TheTassieHawk wrote:
    HOLKY wrote:
    Chasing points is an art I've not yet perfected. if your student traded GAJ to Kane Cornes then he/she has perfected the art of chasing round 1-4 points, unfortunately at the likely expense of future points !! as for trading in Kane, I am sure a few thousand coaches woudl have. Nota bad move if it is was for an underperforming (ie sub 100 avg) mid such as Dangerfield, Dal Santoor Priddis (pre injury) IFKane can outperform them over the rest of the year by a 10-15ppg margin Kanewill be one my dad looks at when upgrading in the mids, but the year in year out performers (ie Pendles, GAJ, Swan, Watsonetc) will be at the top of the list I would think 'Pendles, GAJ, Swan, Watson' Thats how I want my Mids looking by years end. Throw Cotchin in there too.
    Every year I seem to try get the best value mids during the year after an injury/bad game, and my mids just don't score as much as my league opponents. So this year I'm saying the hell with value. If you are not a top scorer, you're not coming into my mids. You can however come into my fwd & backs.
    As for My Llamas team ... your guess is as good as mine. Will be interesting to see how everyone handles the Goodes/Gibbs/Pittard/Fyfe situation this week.

3. Mad_Mattigan

Mad_Mattigan Member

As above... I'm really trying to have an idea in my head of who I want in my team at the end of the season... If they are available when I want/need to trade then I bring them in. If I can't afford any of them, then I look elsewhere within my team rather than just bringing in the best player that I can afford.
    For me it's always trying to bring in a player who's 'too cheap to miss' that ultimately costs me. Every year I'm sucked in by someone who is at the absolute bottom of the pricing curve so I shuffle the deck chairs to bring them in. However, every year they then stink it up, get injured (looking at you Rioli) or just fail to fire.
    Ditto for trading out rookies before they truly moo, just to bring in the latest 'sensation' who scores 120 in his first game.
    Patience, patience, patience!

Now how many trades can I make this week? :)

4. TheTassieHawk

Unless colquhon is a late call up for port then my dads team will be copping at least one donut this week, and perhaps up to 3 if he decides to hold off trading

5. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

One donut here this week also.

6. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

May be copping 2 donuts this week... Sure to hurt my ranking for this week but hopefully for the greater good!

7. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

Made a trade in the last 5 minutes thinking it would save me a donut using MPP... was wrong... waste of a trade, ah well! Could still pay off if I get lucky

8. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Bye bye Fyfe, hello Pendlebury! And welcome to the captaincy Mr Goodes, because our new VC Pendlebury did very nicely first up.

9. warsaken

warsaken Active Member

Well done Jas.
    Fyfe>Ablett and Gibbs to Vlastuin for Raimi. Traded Vlas out after R1. Not eating any donuts here (but munching through those trades!)

10. TheTassieHawk

+1 to the well done jas dad decided to bring in watson for fyfe (over ablett and pendles) and sierakowski for colquhon watson as vc now tossing up who to lock in as captain

11. Mad_Mattigan

Mad_Mattigan Member

Jnr decided that Gibbs' hammy wasn't worth the risk when added to his high breakeven on return and was very disappointed with Fyfe'sbehavior.
    Gibbs -> Dixon (fail) and Fyfe -> Ablett (pass).

12. TheTassieHawk

so nowcotchin gets injured andDad has to decide whether to cop a donut or trade outGibbs, Goodes, Pittard, Crouch or Cotchin this week never a dull moment in the trading games comp this year !

13. warsaken

warsaken Active Member

After getting rid of Gibbs and Fyfe last week (for GAJ & Vlas) Raimi is able to do a double upgrade this week. Also he has now traded someone out and then back in (Vlas last week) and now this week traded someone in and now back out again!

14. warsaken

warsaken Active Member

Dixon out of GCS. Defenconaggedon continues!

15. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

My daughter has gone Cotchin to Pendles and Dixon to Lester. Hopefully this is inspired trading and not the other kind..

16. Mad_Mattigan

Mad_Mattigan Member

Pittard to Lester for junior this week. Was looking like a great trade until he got dubbed off in the 3rd with 67 already in the bank!

17. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

2307! Thanks to Cotchin,my studentmanaged to get Gaz back and Kane, JPK and Dangerfield all scored 100+, my student thinks O'Meara has reached full price so he'll find a bargain and continue to gain points.

18. TheTassieHawk

holky your student could be on to something, omeara's breakeven suggest he is only one bad week away from plateauing I think dad willl consider flicking him this week or next if it helps him patch uphis team and pick up the right upgrade as he is short of cash

19. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

Wasn't suprised to see I had slipped in rankings, but didn't think from 4th to 12th! Ah well, fair bit of time to try and climb my way back up.

20. warsaken

warsaken Active Member

/Portals/0/User%20Images/TGround7.jpg
    Thought the Llamas would make some ground this week, but Dixon cost them a donut.
    The Y-Nots have slipped out to a handy little lead. They have traded ... IN: Birchall/Shaw/Heath/Docherty/GAJ/ASwallow/Daisy/Burger/Rockliff/Dwyer OUT: Gibbs/Enright/Broughton/Pittard/Fyfe/Mitchell/Viney/Ryder/Varcoe/Karnezis Down to at most 20 trades left (Don't know if they have traded in/out someone)
    Boabsters in/outs look like this... IN: Dixon/Heath/GAJ/Pendles/ASwallow/Wines/Burger/Gawn/LeCras/Gray OUT: Gibbs/Broughton/Cotchin/Fyfe/Mitchell/Viney/Ryder/Rowe/Varcoe/Karnezis Also 10 trades used.