[ts] Trading Games 2013

Discussion in 'Leagues' started by warsaken, Feb 6, 2013.

1. warsaken

warsaken Active Member

/Portals/0/User%20Images/TGtradesR7.jpg' style='width: 274px; height: 257px;
    The Llamas trades so far. Geary/Vlastuin/Sinclar feature in both columns. Maybe Wines will also after this week.

2. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Only 251 behind the leader for Mint Issue, my daughter is apparently much better at this stuff than her old man :)

3. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

nice work there wars, upgrade season is where things start to get very interesting, woudl be good to hear from those in the top 5 and what they plan to do from here forward (if they want to share)

4. Runci

Runci Moderator

The missus (Boabster) is looking to somehow get in Priddis this wk, might contemplate Gawn> Hannath to afford Wines> Priddis. Not much money to be made there but will leave 6premos in the mids, with a strongish ruck and forward line(Gray is F6) attention will then turn to a depleted backline.

5. grav

grav Guest

My Son (Kwijibo FC) must be doin something wrong here, have the highest team value but wallowing in 16th! (10th for overall points) Trades to date: ROUND 8 (maybe) OUT Wines ($367,100) IN Hodge ($491,900)
    OUT Neade ($281,200) IN Kennedy ($109,500)
    ROUND 7
    OUT Fyfe ($544,900) IN Ablett ($689,100)
    OUT Rowe ($214,400) IN Hannath ($109,500)
    ROUND 6
    OUT Whitfield ($287,700) IN Watson ($611,800)
    OUT Goodes ($331,300) IN Hibberd ($470,900)
    ROUND 5
    OUT Enright ($463,900) IN Hartlett ($489,600)
    OUT Viney ($193,400) IN Evans ($115,900)
    ROUND 4
    OUT Ryder ($543,600) IN Leuenberger ($301,100)
    OUT Suban ($305,200) IN Hanley ($527,800)
    ROUND 3
    OUT Varcoe ($268,900) IN Neade ($115,900)
    OUT Karnezis ($262,200) IN Dwyer ($96,200)
    ROUND 2
    OUT Colquhoun ($109,500) IN Wines ($169,500)
    OUT Broughton ($441,900) IN Suban ($276,400)

6. Mad_Mattigan

Mad_Mattigan Member

Sitting pretty in 5th, although burning through the trades!
    My strategy is pretty simple. I have my team in a basic spreadsheet with their average for the season. I list this next to the top (by ave) players in each position. Then I work out the best trade in terms of point difference.
    Wingard and Heath get the chop this week, probably for Colqhoun (looked solid, bench cover only and opens MPP link) and Hanley. Gains me the same points as bringing in Selwood, but nearly $40k cheaper and gives me greater flexibility with bench cover.

7. Len

Wines & Maric out, Daw & Riewoldt in, we think :)

8. warsaken

warsaken Active Member

Really dissapointing about Daisy. Only brought him in last week. I'm gonna take a real risk this week (heck I need to to make up some of these points), bypassing Priddis and hanging onto Daisy. I can't swing any trades I like by keeping daisy and bringing in Priddis, without copping a donut, and I'm gonna gamble on the pies doctors to get daisy healthy.
    Really wanted to bring in Roughie this week, but trading Maric/Daisy is too sideways for my liking. Wines needs the chop, and via MPP ill be bringing in a DEF, probably for a money maker. Also going to move some deadLEE weight out of the forward line, and bring in someone cheap who I hope can provide good cover for the rest of the year with some nice JS.

9. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

10 trades so far, 1 correctional this week and my captain is a midfielder again. I might get Nic-Nat when his price bottoms out or maybe sooner... probably trade either Maric or if he recovers a forward.

10. warsaken

warsaken Active Member

Well Colquhuan didn't make final teams, so i'm looking at yet another donut. REVERSE TRADES!!!!
    Was going to bring in gwilt, but i can't afford him without trading wines. Going to have to hang onto wines now, and I'm going to gamble on Thurlow instead (Although i have a feeling that he wont play often).

11. Mad_Mattigan

Mad_Mattigan Member

warsaken wrote:
    Well Colquhuan didn't make final teams, so i'm looking at yet another donut. REVERSE TRADES!!!!
    Was going to bring in gwilt, but i can't afford him without trading wines. Going to have to hang onto wines now, and I'm going to gamble on Thurlow instead (Although i have a feeling that he wont play often). Yep, back that truck up!
    Flicking Heath for Thurlow and Wingard for Priddis. Generates some cash and will hopefully allow some proper upgrades next week instead of donut-dodging, semi-sideways shenanigans!

12. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

dad went pittard to thurlow (you can never have too many cats can you wars? ) - several weeks late on pittard but was concerned he may not be back until rd 12 (or later)   he has around $200K up his sleeve but his rookies are so week none seem worth culling at the moment   the team looking very weak but hopefully HShaw and Maric are only out a week and by trading hard up to and through the byes he can get some momentum going and stay within 300-400 pts of the lead (don't see it happening)

13. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

Moved up to 10th on the leader board, but slipped 50 points further behind 1st... gonna be real hard to catch up, for me anyway!

14. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

/Portals/0/User%20Images/Round8TG.PNG Go Lukey! Given that my SC team has fallen into the abyss for 2013, it's all about Luke's Trading Games team now. Will Minson in this week for Maric, turned out nicely. Up to 5th in overall within the group now.

15. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

How long's Ivan the terrible out for? If it's for too long,my studentmight trade in Majak Daw, whether it's Rowe or Ivan that goes depends on Ivan's injury.

16. Mad_Mattigan

Mad_Mattigan Member

Holky, Ivan's back this week...
    Upgrade season has arrived! Given that we're all pretty locked into our mindsets from here, I'm just gonna share my trades. I don't really think that basing your trades on what another player does is good practise anyway!
    For me, the greatest gain was in the difference between my lowest performing forward and an upgrade, so Macaffer gets the chop for Stevie J. Making this happen by trading the maxed-out Wines, to Webster via Vlaustin's DPP.
    I still have Dixon on the bench, who should come in next week, and effectively becomes a trade free upgrade. Only holding a small amount of cash (~$80k), but will continue to one up, one down from here, targetting the greatest gains between the outgoing player and incoming.
    I'm burning through the trades, (15 left) but this is 'Trading Games' after all!

17. warsaken

warsaken Active Member

Was going to do Viney>Watson and Daisey>SuperSecretSquirrel, but i'm $100 short. Might have to hold Viney and trade the Hyphen instead.

18. Len

Mayes > Staker & Macaffer > Naitanui for my daughter. Watson looking very tempting also, but the Essendon 'drama' is enough of a deterrent right now.

19. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

2 trades this week, an upgrade among them, I think the Herald Sun is delibrately trying to mislead readers, twice Ablett has averaged massive scores vs his opponents and twice the HS has not seen fit to print that. My captain (although last week he disappointed) Only Ablett can score 110 and disappoint.

20. TheOnion

TheOnion Member

Lenh191 wrote:Mayes > Staker & Macaffer > Naitanui for my daughter. Watson looking very tempting also, but the Essendon 'drama' is enough of a deterrent right now. Lenh;...I dont understand why you would trade Naitanui for your daughter. She is not that good a player from what I'm told.