[ts] Trading Games 2013

Discussion in 'Leagues' started by warsaken, Feb 6, 2013.

1. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

Dad decided to trade out jjk after he was a late withdrawal

2. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

Fitzy wrote:
    No trades, no donuts, no worries The supercoach god's saw this post... and changed the last bit, Hutchins 5... Whitfield 21.... JJK late out.... ahhhh

3. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

My son wisely chose to bring in Tom Mitchell and Dane Swan this week. Pretty happy with the results.

4. TheTassieHawk

nice work there luke - we will see whetehr that's enough to put you in the #1 spot, best in league 2 was 1898 by the boabster who is sure to be a contender this year

5. Runci

Runci Moderator

The Boabster's final score was 1955 as Ben Kennedy came off the bench and Whitfield's spud score dropped out. Whitfield is gone this wk or next to make way for some fresh meat. The missus trades of Gawn/LeCras Nicholls/Stevie J worked a treat to gain 250pts although her forward line is shot to pieces this week. Terlich Birchall this week.

6. TheTassieHawk

the top 4 continue to break away, my dad has decided to trade hard now to attempt tosurge toward the chasing pack (5th-10th) thansk for your efforts jaeger omeara, terlich and evans, welcometo the side sumner (or kmart) and ibbotson and barlow!

7. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

Just traded Dixon in only for him to get injured, out of my student'srevolving door team he goes, 3 trades this week (13 left). He'll try and savehis trades from here on out keeping to mainly correctionals.He's made his upgrades as correctionals though. Based on averages, he'll score ~1875 with Ablett getting the gold C.

8. Mad_Mattigan

Mad_Mattigan Member

Agree with Jason on this one... The problem with not doing any trades is that once the side is picked you may as well ignore it for 23 rounds and then come back and see who won...
    Back on topic to TRADING games and my son got active this week... Crouch, Kerridge and Whitfield out for Hrovat, Nicholls (via Rowe DPP) and Griffen.
    Cannot believe that Griffen is not in every squad! Averaging 123 for the year, which includes an injury affected 55 score... Take that out and his average passes 135... For barely 600k!

9. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

Darn, forgot to use loophole so miss out on Gary as C, hope Pendles can top 150.... hmmm

10. warsaken

warsaken Active Member

The Llamas have jumped up from 10th to 5th. Midfield carnage this week though with GAJ, Watson, Ball, Danger, JO'm & Crouch.

11. Mad_Mattigan

Mad_Mattigan Member

warsaken wrote:
    The Llamas have jumped up from 10th to 5th. Midfield carnage this week though with GAJ, Watson, Ball, Danger, JO'm & Crouch. Carnage? That's wholesale slaughter!
    If it makes you feel better, I've come to the somewhat humbling conclusion that I have completely buggered my side! Changes need to be made, but a series of poor trades have left me short on talent, and without suitable cows to generate cash. I just didn't look long-term enough with my trades, and now I'm stuck with too many rookies that haven't moo'd (what the hell happened to Hrovat and why is Webster always the sub!).

12. TheTassieHawk

it might be a ballsy move to sideways some of your mid premos and try to stay in touch that way wars !! @mm - you would be laughing if webster had been given more game time and tonned up a few times, horvat was a little unlucky to be flicked aside for conney and boyd but should get more opportunities, keep making good trades from here on and you can still claw back 100's of points on the leaders !

13. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

My daughter was a little blasé about the byes it seems, went backwards last week, next week will be interesting

14. Mad_Mattigan

Mad_Mattigan Member

Lenh191 wrote:
    My daughter was a little blasé about the byes it seems, went backwards last week, next week will be interesting My son...+1

15. TheTassieHawk

@buzzboys, bgt2110, jason and runci - it would be great to hear some thoughts from you guys as thisyears trading games starts to heat upas a genius move now could make all the differnce at years end!!

16. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

I rely on my son for genius input. No claims to greatness here. This week is going to be very tough all round I expect. Bartel to be rested compounds the pain. R13 will definitely will sort the wheat form the chaff. Luke is looking at two trades which will leave us dangerously low on remaining trades and still not quite what I'd call a finished team. Been really hard this year with some dud starting selections to flesh out a full squad of 22 keepers. I reckon Luke will finish up about 2 positions short, or else will burn all remaining trades to get a full team and have no cover for Long-Term-Injury disasters in the 2nd half of the season.

17. bgt2110

bgt2110 Moderator Staff Member

Definately no genius moves from my mate Stuart, he has just traded and traded hard to get as many premos in as possible. When he had a choice between premiums he has tried to choose the one, in his mind, was the bigger POD, hence went Swallow over the more common mid choices. Also picked up Hibberd as opposed to Heppell, Barlow instead of the Collingwood mids and Minson instead of Goldstein. With so many non starters in the initial squad wanted to hold as many of the starting premiums as possible, held onto Maric all the way until last week whenhe traded him to Minson....Minson gets his first score in ages under 100 and Maric gets 124. Lesson learnt.

18. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

A simple correctional from my student this week, Viney -> Mitchell. With Ablett out this week a difficult decision awaits...many stars but which one gets the C. He's got plenty in the bank for next round and still 12 shots left. More upgrades next week maybe.

19. warsaken

warsaken Active Member

Looks like the llamas will be fielding 17 this weekend with Thurlow not making the 22.

20. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Wholesale changes at the mint this week; Robinson, Crouch & Rowe out, Martin, Daniher & Hrovat in. 7 trades left and one upgrade required, though a couple more premiums to elites are possible if the rookies bloom.