[ts] Trading Games 2013

Discussion in 'Leagues' started by warsaken, Feb 6, 2013.

1. bgt2110

bgt2110 Moderator Staff Member

Just joined up. The Y-Nots ....Stuart M

2. Runci

Runci Moderator

That's the wife joined up now. Team name 'The Boabster'

3. traviso

traviso Active Member

i'm in team name: 'charms lucky'

4. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

My student has just entered, his team is Deals with Darkace.

5. unzhine

unzhine Guest

The Mrs. has joined in. Team name: yao mo gao cho ah
    Looking forward to it.

6. TheOnion

TheOnion Member

I'll have another crack ....went down to the wire last year. Got a lucky new team name 'Fried Onions', which is my Sri Lankan half brothers favourite cooking ingredient.

7. frostylane

frostylane New Member

Frostylane has registered her daughter Lauren in the group her team name is 'Meldees'.

8. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

My student wants to know whether if we get enough people, we'll have a league as well as a group.

9. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

My student wants to know whether if we get enough people, we'll have a league as well as a group.

10. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

11. warsaken

warsaken Active Member

HOLKY wrote:
    My student wants to know whether if we get enough people, we'll have a league as well as a group. I'll set up a league/s when the season is a little closer. Just working out a couple draft teams for everyone to begin with atm.

12. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

My student also apologises for sending his last post 4 times, he was on a laggy computer and he's a slinky.

13. TheOnion

TheOnion Member

Appreciate your good work warsaken's sister's husband's nephew's dad's pet Llama, but the Wed deadline leaves us a bit open to the vagaries of Rd 1 weirdo selections.My own Trading team would look something like the following: sure its a bit 'cookie cutter' but seems to cover most bases. Goddard,Gibbs, Heppell, Vlastuin,Goodes,Stevenson,Terlich,DochertyAblett,Swan,Kennedy,Dangerfield,Fyfe,Mitchell,O'Meara,Crouch,Viney,KerridgeJacobs,Currie,Rowe,DawFranklin,Cox,Zorko,Rockcliff,Stevie J,Mccaffer,Neade,Lee $54K left, some mid problems with Rd 13 bye, hopefully balanced up by then.Rd 1 selection will change the make up <like all teams>, so I suggest we agree a team in principle on Wed, but fine tune on Thursday night. e.g., got a feeling Currie wont make the Roos side, but Witts could be the smokey replacement.What are the thoughts on being 90% agreed on Wednesday but still prepared for one or two switches on a couple of rookies depending on selection ? I'm also keen to leave warsaken's llama relative totally in charge of final team once R1 teams are out.

14. Mad_Mattigan

Mad_Mattigan Member

My son Cameron has joined... Impressive ICT skills, given he's 21 months old! He's managing the LTK team.

15. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Don't think Kerridge makes the cut. StevieJ is suspended for R1 which is a bit harsh to start him, why not Bartel instead perhaps? Otherwise looks OK to me.

16. TheOnion

TheOnion Member

Yep, good point on Stevie J...Bartel will do. Kerridge only because he is the F/M link ?

17. Jason

Why do you need the F/M link? Could always be traded into down the track if someone like Kerridge gets an opportunity mid-season.

18. warsaken

warsaken Active Member

TheOnion wrote:
    Appreciate your good work warsaken's sister's husband's nephew's dad's pet Llama, but the Wed deadline leaves us a bit open to the vagaries of Rd 1 weirdo selections.My own Trading team would look something like the following: sure its a bit 'cookie cutter' but seems to cover most bases. Goddard,Gibbs, Heppell, Vlastuin,Goodes,Stevenson,Terlich,DochertyAblett,Swan,Kennedy,Dangerfield,Fyfe,Mitchell,O'Meara,Crouch,Viney,KerridgeJacobs,Currie,Rowe,DawFranklin,Cox,Zorko,Rockcliff,Stevie J,Mccaffer,Neade,Lee $54K left, some mid problems with Rd 13 bye, hopefully balanced up by then.Rd 1 selection will change the make up <like>, so I suggest we agree a team in principle on Wed, but fine tune on Thursday night. e.g., got a feeling Currie wont make the Roos side, but Witts could be the smokey replacement.What are the thoughts on being 90% agreed on Wednesday but still prepared for one or two switches on a couple of rookies depending on selection ? I'm also keen to leave warsaken's llama relative totally in charge of final team once R1 teams are out. </like> Nice looking team there TheOnion, however the team being developed so far is a little less cookie cutter. We are trying to make a team that will cause major strategic differences between each player. Ablett will not be in the starting team this year. The decision of when to trade him in will be a major POD for all teams. It is decisions like this that we are trying to build the team.
    Last years team was set before round 1 teams were known and most of the rookies we had included played early season (with the exception of miles, only one i can remember off the top of my head). In the end, it doesn't matter who is in the team, because everyone will be starting with the same 30.

19. warsaken

warsaken Active Member

Also another point on not having Ablett, we will see moredifferencesin Captain selection at the start of the year, further seperating the weak from the strong ;)

20. Jason

I don't buy that logic on not starting Ablett. He has been the best SC player for several years and shows no signs of changing.