[ts] Trading Games 2013

Discussion in 'Leagues' started by warsaken, Feb 6, 2013.

1. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

anthak wrote:
    Lenh191 wrote: Isnt the aim to outtrade each other? If we post our trades here that's compromised, pretty sure we talk crap and trade under the blanket :) system wont let anyone cheat now.. Well said! Wish I had have got in on this again :( @ant - wars would have to give you the OK but it would be good to get you on board, we could spot you 1900 pts (about 150 behind), as long as you promise to start with the same 30 players for rd2 and trade from rd3 onwards !!

2. TheTassieHawk

Lenh191 wrote:
    Isnt the aim to outtrade each other? If we post our trades here that's compromised, pretty sure we talk crap and trade under the blanket :) system wont let anyone cheat now.. my 2c in 2012 after the Friday night lockout there was quite often a posting of trades by the top few teams which added a bit to the weekly banter, but wouldnt have thought anyone would be that keen this year with the rolling lockout but each to their own I guess last yearI was tracking trades from around round 6 for the top 6-10 teams, which highlighted who was tradinghard and who was holding onto trades it took a fair while so I probably wont do it again, but I would think it might be good to put in place a gentlemans/womans agrement where the top 5 coaches report their trades made and trades remaining on a weekly basis after say round 10, within 48 hours of each round completion - ie after the fact i know the competitive amongst you might resist this and fair enough, but it does keep those in midtable more motivated if they can sniff a top 2/3 finish, rather than droppingout when they get 400 pts behind the leader

3. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

:p I am very happy to post trades once the gates are down, or at least trembling, but this far out? No.
    That said I am a shocker at strategy and don't expect to win, but I do expect to have fun trying and talking/reading about what failed andwhatworked :)

4. TheOnion

TheOnion Member

I am getting Ablett and trading out Colquhoun, Broughton, Lee, Currie, and Vlastuin. Oh wait, the math doesn't work. Darn it, I need to be cunning and evil again.

5. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

So many spuds and only two trades to adjust this week.

6. Mad_Mattigan

Mad_Mattigan Member

It's certainly a test of patience!
    But nothing is irretrievable. Last year's winner was ranked 79,000 and change after round 1! For me, I'm looking long term. (A first for me!) I'll be looking to bring in players that suit a specific role, not just responding knee-jerk style to one week.

7. J_C

J_C Guest

Jason wrote:
    So many spuds and only two trades to adjust this week. +1

8. warsaken

warsaken Active Member

My Trade/s is/are done for this week! Looking forward to seeing what people decide to do this week.

9. Len

Same :)

10. TheTassieHawk

My Dad is still mulling whetehr to sit tight OR a sideways of broughtonOR a downgrade of broughton to a decent rookie(and to free up $$$)OR a double trade to bring in GAJ (and a playing rookie) - decision pending around 1pm tomorrow

11. Len

So far 6 have brought in Ablett and 9 Wines.

12. warsaken

warsaken Active Member

I brought in Wines and Geary (bugger it) for Vlastuin and Broughton. Was gambling that Geary would make some quick early money and get some good scores like early last year.

13. warsaken

warsaken Active Member

14. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

I looked at Geary, but with senior players like Fisher returning I was worried that his role would revert to the previous year's, which seemd to be what happened last night. I ditched Broughton for Hartlett and brought in Kommer, saving maximum $$ to upgrade Ablett from whichever of the MID players underperforms this week. At least that was my strategy, Kommer vs Melb this week, hope he does well!

15. Mad_Mattigan

Mad_Mattigan Member

Purely looking to make cash for me this week... Wines and Heath in for Broughton and Colquhoun. It'll be the same again next week for Vlastuin and possibly Lee or Currie.
    then in 3 weeks... Bang, upgrade central,

16. Len

I swapped out Broughton and Fyfe, Broughton for being not named and Fyfe because he is brilliant but fragile. Brought in Ablett and Wines using the DPP of Colquhoun

17. Mad_Mattigan

Mad_Mattigan Member

So... A week's a long week in football, eh?!
    How many others did the same with Fyfe and PAID $240,000 so they could LOSE 28 points?
    Ouch!

18. Len

Yeah, hurts a bit, but only this week, that trade is spent now, next week will be to adjust cash cows now as project Bring Gazza In is complete. Freo are looking very good right now, I traded out Fyfe knowing he is brilliant, so it's a long term call. Leaving Ablett aside, Dixon, Liberatore and Jack were the trade-in prospects in those 2 game for mine.

19. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

Ahh the frustration of this has started, thought I was a genius bringing Gary in... ah well !

20. frostylane

frostylane New Member

Trades last week Broughton > Stevenson and Vlastuin > Wines.