[ts] Trading Games 2013

Discussion in 'Leagues' started by warsaken, Feb 6, 2013.

1. J_C

J_C Guest

My trades were Broughton to Hartlett and Vlastuin to Wines. Things can only get better!! :)

2. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

I definitely suck at this. Broughton -> Hartlett and Mitchell -> Kommer. Whilst I managed to bench Karnezis in my SC team, my son's team wasn't so lucky and thus missed out on about 50-odd of Macaffer's points. I've already pulled two trades this week. Unless the sky falls in during team announcements on Thursday, I don't think I'll be reversing them.

3. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

My Dad went broughton to birchall He was originally planning to bring in GAJ in a double trade for Broughton/Fyfe on Saturday morning which would have put vlastuin and colquhon to my def bench,but had switched vlastuin to the mids when he wasn't a late replacement on Friday night. Oncehe realisedhis mistakehe relaxed a bit given Fyfe could be expected go 120 plus against the doggies, and thought if he got within 15 pts of GAJ that would be OK. He also rolled the dice with JPK as Captain instead of Cotchin's 119, a 10pt haircut is OK as you cant be greedy when you dont havethe GAJ's, Watson, Pendles, Swans in the team ! It looks like Y2Dave was the only one not to trade in Round 2, I imagine most will be making 2 trades this week, will be interesting who holds faith in underperforming midpricers and premiumsand who pulls the tirgger early.

4. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Really, there was a team that made no trades before R2? Interesting strategy for a trading comp. That said, I can see four Trading Games teams (there may be more) who actually scored worse in R2 than the team that made no trades at all!

5. Buzzboys

Buzzboys Member

Took a risk this week: Ryder to Dwyer Whitfield to Abblet Wasn;t looking good when Whitfield outscored Ablett until Dwyer outscored Ryder Long term I think it was a good trade Good to see most people trading, should make it very interesting

6. Mad_Mattigan

Mad_Mattigan Member

Jason wrote:
    Really, there was a team that made no trades before R2? Interesting strategy for a trading comp. That said, I can see four Trading Games teams (there may be more) who actually scored worse in R2 than the team that made no trades at all! Ha!
    Looking to continue building a foundation at LTK headquarters... Vlastuin and Lee in the gun if they don't get a game, with Ryder the only alleged premium likely to get the chop. Deck shuffling definitely an option. Simple fact is that so many rookies are scoring well. This means the potential point loss of leaving them on the field is much reduced than in previous years. But the gain in a week or two with extra hundreds of thousands will make the long term difference I hope. Short term, possible gain for long term definite gain. I guess we'll see! <div id='radePasteHelper' style='position: absolute; left: -10000px; border: 0px solid red; top: 0px; width: 1px; height: 1px; overflow: hidden;]

7. grav

grav Guest

Tempted to jump on mission GGI, but ended up with Broughton to Suban and Colquhuon to Wines Didn't pay immediate dividends but confident Suban with make some coin

8. TheTassieHawk

will be interested which rookies people pickup (and have picked up) from Stevenson, Heath, LBrown, Wines, Merrett, Jones, Hill, Kommer, Dwyer, Neade, Blivacs this week with 2 games being such a small sample size and the ever lingering vest and JS issues often so hard to pick

9. TheTassieHawk

Jason wrote:
    That said, I can see four Trading Games teams (there may be more) who actually scored worse in R2 than the team that made no trades at all! pretty easy to do if they lost points through captaincy and emegergency choices (ie karnezis on field) or if the player traded in had a quite one (i am talking about geary here wars !)

10. warsaken

warsaken Active Member

Lets just hope it was a quite one, and not a quite 2, 3 or more! Kinda wishing I went for Dixon now.

11. Mad_Mattigan

Mad_Mattigan Member

What's crazy is that a team can be 248 points better than another (position 1 - 22 in Trading Games group) with just 2 different trades...
    258 points in a single week! Just shows that especially early, big gains can be made with the right trades!
    Anyone brave enough to post theirs up here yet? Maybe just a few red herrings to throw off opponents?

12. TheTassieHawk

A bit of a nervous wait to see which of vlastuin crouch mitchell and macaffer make the 22 tomorrow night once i see that i can think about which trades to make, captain and emg choices will also be important <br/> <br/>Good to see Lee in with karnezis getting dropped <br/> <br/>Is anyone planning on being ultra agressive with the emergency loophole and vice captain loophole this week ? Perosnally i will be keen to make lee my fwd emg and see how he gies before deciding whether to keep his score by bringing karnezis onfield instead of macaffer (assuming he is in the 22) <br/> <br/>

13. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

Mad_Mattigan wrote:
    What's crazy is that a team can be 248 points better than another (position 1 - 22 in Trading Games group) with just 2 different trades... 258 points in a single week! Just shows that especially early, big gains can be made with the right trades! Anyone brave enough to post theirs up here yet? Maybe just a few red herrings to throw off opponents? Had enough of Cotching, not going the way I thought he would, trading him to Lecras bringing Bartel in midfield, and then just going Whitfield to Wines. Risky, but should pay off I feel. Will be intresting to see what you all have to say about it!

14. Mad_Mattigan

Mad_Mattigan Member

Fitzy wrote:
    Mad_Mattigan wrote:
    What's crazy is that a team can be 248 points better than another (position 1 - 22 in Trading Games group) with just 2 different trades... 258 points in a single week! Just shows that especially early, big gains can be made with the right trades! Anyone brave enough to post theirs up here yet? Maybe just a few red herrings to throw off opponents? Had enough of Cotching, not going the way I thought he would, trading him to Lecras bringing Bartel in midfield, and then just going Whitfield to Wines. Risky, but should pay off I feel. Will be intresting to see what you all have to say about it! Smells a little 'fishy' to me! However, if it pays off... Hilarious!

15. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

Have to take risks if you wanna win!

16. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Fitzy wrote:
    Mad_Mattigan wrote:
    What's crazy is that a team can be 248 points better than another (position 1 - 22 in Trading Games group) with just 2 different trades... 258 points in a single week! Just shows that especially early, big gains can be made with the right trades! Anyone brave enough to post theirs up here yet? Maybe just a few red herrings to throw off opponents? Had enough of Cotching, not going the way I thought he would, trading him to Lecras bringing Bartel in midfield, and then just going Whitfield to Wines. Risky, but should pay off I feel. Will be intresting to see what you all have to say about it! Well, that screws my POD plan..

17. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

1 trade this week. For all those who picked up Ablett (me included), he shouldn't play 2 bad weeks in a row. That said, he won't be my captain this week.

18. TheTassieHawk

wishing I had backed my gut and held onto Broughton as the D/F link to give me more options if I end up trading out one of Macaffer or Karnezis over the weekend

19. unzhine

unzhine Guest

The Mrs. traded Ryder out for Minson.... *facepalm*

20. J_C

J_C Guest

My Mrs took a long term view and just made a couple of rookie adjustments. Mitchell -&amp;gt; Stevenson & Macaffer -&amp;gt; Dwyer.