Up You 2

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by TerryinBangkok, Feb 23, 2013.

1. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

JC wrote:<br/>anthak wrote:
    chels wrote:
    Lenh191 wrote:
    All coaches can voluntarily participate in any draft to as full as an extent as they wish, once the minimum criteria has been met. &#160;Thanks for the clarification Len - that's the way I would have assumed it would be but good to get confirmation.. &#160;Thats how i presumed it would be too, but thats not how TiBs post reads, so we probably need an interpretation from the great man himself. &#160; Why? Len is currently in charge of all things draft related and he's clarified it. Would've thought that was all that was required.&#160; JC, there is no greater man than yourself... Except maybe your Father :) Thanks for clarifying :)

2. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

TerryinBangkok wrote:Now I'm confused. What does 'partly' surprised mean? My 11 year old ward just wandered in from school and was leaning over my shoulder reading this thread. I didn't actually show it to him, because I don't believe in airing dirty laundry outside of the league. But he just read away until he stood bolt upright and said 'That's all bullshit and that guy's a Richard Cranium.' Of course this totally surprised me. So I said, 'Hush, my boy. Some people in an office somewhere in Perth think your old man is a cock, and surely they would know better than an 11 year old?'His response was that I should show it to Mummy. 'No need', said I, 'She already knows I'm a cock - and so is your Uncle Snoz in Manhattan'. Never one to be silenced easily, he then asked, 'How come this guy can't make up his mind whether he wants to lay vitriol around the place instead of having fun.' I could not answer that one. Very funny TiB :) Im glad you're now being more light hearted about this. I hope you understand that my comment you've quoted up top was never meant to be a dig at you. I want to also make it clear that my colleague at work really thought I was talking about a different person and situation. She would not even know what TS is. She just overheard me read that last line and presumed I'd had a response from someone I'd written an email to in regards to an issue we'd been discussing soon before. The details of that issue are confidential, but I'd love to be able to share them, cause it would certainly add to the story. Quite funny correlation in some ways. That person that could have been responding to me at work really is a cock!

3. jimbowan

jimbowan Well-Known Member

No need to deviate from our originally decidedcompulsory4-2 delistments. At the time we said 'Its a keeper league its supposed to be challenging' Doesnt matter if the ORFFL do it different. Also no need for all the drama people! Move along here, nothing to see, the rules are complete for 2013. The junior vice-president of the match committee stationary supply division has spoken! Pink hats all round!

4. jimbowan

jimbowan Well-Known Member

double post

5. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

jimbowan wrote:

Move along here, nothing to see, the rules are complete for 2013. And that's where I stand on this Jimbo as well... Some people clearly understood the rules and some (like me) didn't. However people have set their lists with this in mind and therefore it would be unfair in my opinion to change the rules now. If we we to revisit the rules it should surely be at the end of the season.
    i'll comply with the mid season delisting.... The only question I have for my team is if I have delisted five as I carried a squad of 27 into the season start.... Do I need to delist one or two more at mid season?

6. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

I would prefer not to change the rules also, certainty is always good and I don't feel we have any broken ones. Clarity is always good, if all this thread does is assist in that I guess it has a purpose.
    I will need to check with Terry on how he wanted that draftsituationapplied to be honest bandit, my own belief though is; the actual ruling was to enter the drafts with 22 and 24, instead of the 20 minimum if that's how you exercised your list, it is how I did mine. Thus your cut down to 22 means you have still got 2 to delist in the mid-season. The overs would only be deemed voluntary for this draft.

7. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Lenh191 wrote:
    I would prefer not to change the rules also, certainty is always good and I don't feel we have any broken ones. Clarity is always good, if all this thread does is assist in that I guess it has a purpose. I will need to check with Terry on how he wanted that draftsituationapplied to be honest bandit, my own belief though is; the actual ruling was to enter the drafts with 22 and 24, instead of the 20 minimum if that's how you exercised your list, it is how I did mine. Thus your cut down to 22 means you have still got 2 to delist in the mid-season. The overs would only be deemed voluntary for this draft. I was never good at arithmetic. Fix him up please Len. /Portals/0/User%20Images/einstein.jpg One cock, two cock, three cock, four.

8. graeme

graeme Guest

Thought this was the best place for a story in the local paper:
    <h1 style='margin-bottom: 12px; outline-color: #000000; font-size: 26px; background-color: #ffffff; color: #000000; font-weight: normal; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 28px; font-family: Stag-Serif-Medium, Arial, sans-serif; -webkit-transition: background-color 0.2s, text-shadow, border-color, opacity; letter-spacing: normal;]Court: 'Fat Australian' rant not racist<div class='clearBoth' style='outline-color: #000000; font-size: 1px; background-color: #ffffff; clear: both; height: 0px; line-height: 1px; overflow: hidden; color: #333333; font-family: Calibri, Candara, Segoe, 'Segoe UI', Optima, Arial, sans-serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal;] <div class='tools' style='margin-top: 4px; padding-bottom: 6px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: dashed; border-bottom-color: #cccccc; outline-color: #000000; font-size: 14px; background-color: #ffffff; color: #999999; position: relative; font-family: Calibri, Candara, Segoe, 'Segoe UI', Optima, Arial, sans-serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 17px;]10:10 AM Monday Mar 11, 2013 [span style='font-size: 14px; background-color: #ffffff; color: #333333;]The woman convicted of racism after she called her Kiwi-born neighbour a 'fat Australian' has had her conviction quashed. [span style='font-size: 14px; background-color: #ffffff; color: #333333;]New Zealander Chelsea O'Reilly was giving a statement to police concerning 31-year-old Czech-born neighbour Petra Mills in September last year when Mills stormed over and had a drunken rant on their street in Macclesfield, north of London.[span style='font-size: 14px; background-color: #ffffff; color: #333333;]Ms O'Reilly, who has dual British/New Zealand citizenship, said she was 'really insulted' by the tirade, during which Ms Mills called her a 'stupid fat Australian b****'.[span style='font-size: 14px; background-color: #ffffff; color: #333333;]She said Ms Mills knew she was from New Zealand, but was using the term 'Australian' to offend her.[span style='font-size: 14px; background-color: #ffffff; color: #333333;]Ms Mills also threatened to kill Ms O'Reilly's dog and then threw raspberries at her 'like a child'.[span style='font-size: 14px; background-color: #ffffff; color: #333333;]In November Ms Mills was found guilty of racially aggravated public disorder assaulting a police officer, who she kicked during her arrest. <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; outline-color: #000000; font-size: 14px; background-color: #ffffff; -webkit-transition: color 0.2s, background-color, text-shadow, border-color, opacity; color: #333333; font-family: Calibri, Candara, Segoe, 'Segoe UI', Optima, Arial, sans-serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 17px;]However, Chester Crown Court has since overturned the public disorder charge after ruling the use of the word 'Australian' could not be considered racist, the<em style='outline-color: #000000; font-size: 14px;]Manchester Evening Newsreported. <div id='DivContentRect' class='advert' style='margin-bottom: 12px; margin-left: 12px; outline-color: #000000; font-size: 14px; background-color: #ffffff; float: right; color: #333333; font-family: Calibri, Candara, Segoe, 'Segoe UI', Optima, Arial, sans-serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 17px; position: relative;] <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; outline-color: #000000; font-size: 14px; background-color: #ffffff; -webkit-transition: color 0.2s, background-color, text-shadow, border-color, opacity; color: #333333; font-family: Calibri, Candara, Segoe, 'Segoe UI', Optima, Arial, sans-serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 17px;]Ms Mills, who had since moved to Wales, said the charge should never have been brought before the court.[span style='font-size: 14px; background-color: #ffffff;]'I don't feel like this is a victory. The stress and the embarrassment this has caused me is something I don't think I will ever forget,' she told the<em style='font-size: 14px; outline-color: #000000;]Manchester Evening News[span style='font-size: 14px; background-color: #ffffff;].[span style='font-size: 14px; background-color: #ffffff;]'I could not believe I was being accused of racism and it is a hurtful tag to give someone. I am not a racist and I still don't see how what I said could ever be thought of as racist.[span style='font-size: 14px; background-color: #ffffff;]'It should never have come to court. I've had to move from the area because I couldn't face people and now I've just got to try my best to get on with what's left of my life.'[span style='font-size: 14px; background-color: #ffffff;]The &amp;pound;110 fine and &amp;pound;50 compensation Ms Mills were ordered to pay following the original verdict have also been quashed.

9. Len

My wife and I were touring the South Island a couple of years ago, & whilst on a visit to Lake Wanaka we decided to take a jet boat ride. We were well and truly outside of tourist season and as the driver jumped in we introduced ourselves to the only other occupants, an English couple. The boat putted out onto the lake and the Englishman empathised with the kiwi driver about their mutual hatred for we Aussies. The look on his face was priceless when the driver told him that as far as relationships went Aussies were like brothers you liked to fight both against and alongside, it was a strong but friendly rivalry, unlike the one with England :p
    I must do the summary post for this thread, sorry for the delay..

10. TerryinBangkok

11. snoz

snoz Moderator

gravenger wrote:
    Just wandered back and saw how much fun you've all been havin... Nearly woke the young uns with my uncontrollable laughter at TiB's second to last post. Although I haven't been round this league for as long as most, one thing I love is that there is never a dull moment. This league is made up of 18 passionate coaches who seem to genuinely care about its future and integrity, which is bloody awesome. Like me, I'm sure many here have been guilty of prematurely hitting submit and the result being deathly silence, stifled ire or muffled laughter. In the end, I'm reassured to see that no one takes themselves too seriously and that this mob is largely driven by (mostly) good humour and a love of fantasy AFL. Keep up the good work everyone, it's a privilege to be here! Long live the ORFFA! I prefer 17 passionate coaches and sNoZ As for you TiB, who you calling cock.......you cock! ......Uncle snoz, love it:) Havent been online for a coupleof weeks, so nice to see another brou haha brewing :) Serious question though, when does the bloody season start ?

12. snoz

snoz Moderator

.......and now for something completely different, there is a good chance that I am the love child of TiB & Anth

13. TerryinBangkok

Will put it here methinks, since this is obviously the only thread that Snoz reads, he is bound to see it. Looks like we will be having a four-man bench this year (except maybe for Fitzy).

14. graeme

graeme Guest

Meaning four instead of last years two interchange players? If so, am I correct in assuming points will accrue from: 4 defenders 4 mids 1 ruck 4 forwards 4 interchange
    Will there still be a sub on each of the first four lines above?
    Interesting stuff if we 'need' to have 17 plus 4 subs. What do you reckon sNoZ?

15. TerryinBangkok

Don't think so chels. More likely 4 emg instead of 3, so all lines are covered. Still have the usual 2 scoring reserves. The semantics are scary.

16. Len

As I understand it the only change is an extra reserve, now one per line. The ORFFL have already made the call they are going that way and for Walesy to do two sets of architecture so that we don't have to seems pointless to me, and clearly to Terry and JC as well given his post. so the scoring stays the same, but last year we had 3 reserves to cover 4 lines, this year (if your healthy list goes that far) you will have 4 reserves to cover 4 lines.

17. snoz

snoz Moderator

(finds said thread) Sounds simple enuf, 1 emergency per line, rest of the setupstays the same. I dare anyone to not agree :)

18. graeme

graeme Guest

thanks for the clarification TiB - thought it meant our resources would be really streeettttttttttccccchhhhhed

19. Len

TerryinBangkok wrote:
    Lenh191 wrote:
    I would prefer not to change the rules also, certainty is always good and I don't feel we have any broken ones. Clarity is always good, if all this thread does is assist in that I guess it has a purpose. I will need to check with Terry on how he wanted that draftsituationapplied to be honest bandit, my own belief though is; the actual ruling was to enter the drafts with 22 and 24, instead of the 20 minimum if that's how you exercised your list, it is how I did mine. Thus your cut down to 22 means you have still got 2 to delist in the mid-season. The overs would only be deemed voluntary for this draft. I was never good at arithmetic. Fix him up please Len. /Portals/0/User%20Images/einstein.jpg One cock, two cock, three cock, four.
    <p style='margin-bottom: 18px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 18px; color: #444444;]Sorry about the delay in getting this up, I had forgotten it for a while.. <p style='margin-bottom: 18px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 18px; color: #444444;]First up, thanks guys for the massive buy-in we had in the pre-season draft, the picks went through in very good order and with very minimal issue. Well done to all. <p style='margin-bottom: 18px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 18px; color: #444444;]Next to get done is the mid-season draft, there were some queries over how it should be approached and the 'rules' involved, so hopefully this will clarify things for everyone. <p style='margin-bottom: 18px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 18px; color: #444444;] <p style='margin-bottom: 18px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 18px; color: #444444;]Firstly the when: <p style='margin-bottom: 18px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 18px; color: #444444;]We will be having our midseason trade period and draft during the three bye weeks, when we will not be competing H2H, Rounds 11, 12 & 13. <p style='margin-bottom: 18px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 18px; color: #444444;]The trade period will run from the 4<sup style='font-size: 9px;]thuntil the 12 June. <p style='margin-bottom: 18px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 18px; color: #444444;]The draft will then be conducted from the 14<sup style='font-size: 9px;]thto the 24<sup style='font-size: 9px;]thJune, the draft will commence at 7.30pm on Friday the 14th. <p style='margin-bottom: 18px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 18px; color: #444444;]The day break in between is so to allow time to correct and publish the list of available players, pick orders etc. <p style='margin-bottom: 18px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 18px; color: #444444;] <p style='margin-bottom: 18px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 18px; color: #444444;]The applicable rules: <p style='margin-bottom: 18px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 18px; color: #444444;]1. It is a requirement that you draft 6 compulsory picks per year, these can be done all in the preseason draft, or over both drafts. <p style='margin-bottom: 18px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 18px; color: #444444;]- A minimum of 4 of those compulsory picks must be taken in the preseason draft, that is you must enter the preseason draft with a maximum of 22 players. <p style='margin-bottom: 18px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 18px; color: #444444;]- It is not a matter of how many players you de-list, that is potentially irrelevant as the list size can be traded down or up in the trade period prior. <p style='margin-bottom: 18px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 18px; color: #444444;]- If you entered the preseason draft with more than 20 players you must participate in the midseason draft, if you had 22 players, you must enter this draft with 24 (or less), if you had 21 players you must enter this draft with 25 (or less). <p style='margin-bottom: 18px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 18px; color: #444444;]- If you entered the preseason draft with 20 or less players any involvement in the midseason draft for that year is voluntary. <p style='margin-bottom: 18px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 18px; color: #444444;]2. Each coach will have 18 hours to make his selection, after which time his turn is skipped, if he has not posted by the time any subsequent picks come up each pick will be given at least 6 hours and then also skipped. <p style='margin-bottom: 18px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 18px; color: #444444;]3. Skipped picks can be taken at any time, please state in the post that it is a skipped pick along with the standard pick info. <p style='margin-bottom: 18px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 18px; color: #444444;]4. Please double check that the player you are selecting is available first. Onus is on the coach to pick an available player, if you pick an ineligible player and subsequent selections are made by other coaches prior to its discovery their selections will stand and you will have to pick from the available pool at the time. <p style='margin-bottom: 18px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 18px; color: #444444;]5. If for some reason two people manage to legitimately pick the same player, resulting from timing around a scheduled pick and a skipped pick, the post with the earliest time stamp is the one who keeps him. <p style='margin-bottom: 18px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 18px; color: #444444;] <p style='margin-bottom: 18px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 18px; color: #444444;]When the time is due we will have a draft thread, first post will contain the picks in order and be updated with picks made, and a separate thread listing the available players, as always people double checking my work are seriously appreciated. <div>

20. snoz

snoz Moderator

What the hell is this ? HAS to be another sNoZ right ? /Portals/0/User%20Images/snoz%20BF.png