Uploading & entering teams

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by bama, Mar 7, 2013.

1. bama

bama Active Member

Can someone with the know how tell me how to upload our teams into the new website?
    Also I have lost the link to put our teams in every week if that's still the same.
    Thanks

2. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

I've been wondering this myself :)

3. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

It's not yet functional guys :)

4. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

All the necessaries have been given to walesy and he hopes to email me when she is ready to rock (he may be holding until ORFFL complete their draft, so he can do them all at once). My understanding is he is going to upload the teams for us. Also, anyone who has monitored the ORFFL draft may have noticed there is a shortened moniker for all teams (SIS = Sarah Island Savages, etc.). Not sure of the purpose as it may well be used as code (software), but have given walesy these codes for all our teams. Also, I have tried several times to login as Admin, without success (the entering weekly teams function won't function until teams are loaded in Stats). Either this was not transferred across to the new look or walesy is tinkering with a new idea (e.g. League Admin above). So we wait for a bit.

5. grav

grav Guest

TerryinBangkok wrote:
    All the necessaries have been given to walesy and he hopes to email me when she is ready to rock (he may be holding until ORFFL complete their draft, so he can do them all at once). My understanding is he is going to upload the teams for us. Also, anyone who has monitored the ORFFL draft may have noticed there is a shortened moniker for all teams (SIS = Sarah Island Savages, etc.). Not sure of the purpose as it may well be used as code (software), but have given walesy these codes for all our teams. Also, I have tried several times to login as Admin, without success (the entering weekly teams function won't function until teams are loaded in Stats). Either this was not transferred across to the new look or walesy is tinkering with a new idea (e.g. League Admin above). So we wait for a bit. @TiB - any news on this? Also, not sure if this is the place to ask, but as an apprentice coach, I'm keen to know what forum and format we are to enter teams for the coming week? And, cut off time? ta

6. J_C

J_C Guest

gravenger wrote:
    TerryinBangkok wrote:
    All the necessaries have been given to walesy and he hopes to email me when she is ready to rock (he may be holding until ORFFL complete their draft, so he can do them all at once). My understanding is he is going to upload the teams for us. Also, anyone who has monitored the ORFFL draft may have noticed there is a shortened moniker for all teams (SIS = Sarah Island Savages, etc.). Not sure of the purpose as it may well be used as code (software), but have given walesy these codes for all our teams. Also, I have tried several times to login as Admin, without success (the entering weekly teams function won't function until teams are loaded in Stats). Either this was not transferred across to the new look or walesy is tinkering with a new idea (e.g. League Admin above). So we wait for a bit. @TiB - any news on this? Also, not sure if this is the place to ask, but as an apprentice coach, I'm keen to know what forum and format we are to enter teams for the coming week? And, cut off time? ta There's an Admin login we use to enter teams, but based on what Walesy was saying in chat last night, the required architecture is still to be done. Suspect he'll be onto it in the coming days. If not we'll organise a work around. Cut off time, is the same as SC from memory - kick off of the first game of the week. The format, once we have the architecture & login, is to populate your team from some drop downs (well it used to be at least!). It's pretty straightforward.

7. TerryinBangkok

There are times when I think this league doesn't need a Commish. I say that as a compliment, particularly to Len and JC. One thing to remember, amongst many, is that I think both leagues opted not to have a rolling lockout. So when we do get to enter our R1 squad we will only get one crack at it, despite the majority of the AFL games being a week away. Think I had a rant at the time that in the longer term the AFL will be moving towards a game per night to maximize television coverage and it might be useful to have the rolling lockout in view of this. So, if you get hurt, you can blame democracy again. Gravenger, Bearfly and I are getting a little bit excited about this year.

8. grav

grav Guest

Thanks JC, hope it all comes together, no doubt Walesy has his hands full. Agreed Terry, Plenty to get excited about with another solid showing by our boys. Anyone hear how Robbie went in the sanfl? Didn't feature in the goal kickers.

9. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

I remember that rant TiB. I admired the visionary thinking. I reckon we will defs have to end up with a rolling lockout, but I'm also happiest to continue with status quo at this stage - lockout at first bounce of first game. <br/> <br/>Also, I reckon we ought to organise a workaround for submitting teams for the Harold Holt Round. Presumably we should just post our team somewhere on TS. I suggest that the blog section would be best cause forum posts can be edited. Although, can blog comments be edited now too? I'm not sure. Just thought that could be a new feature on the new site that I don't know about. <br/>I imagine Walesy will sort out the new format before the first game this weekend, but just in case, I reckon we get onto arranging a workaround that everyone can find out about in time. <br/>Is that Season Preview blog thread still open? Could easily make a new one just for team entry if it's not. <br/> <br/>What are others' thoughts on all this? <br/> <br/>

10. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

anthak wrote:
    I remember that rant TiB. I admired the visionary thinking. I reckon we will defs have to end up with a rolling lockout, but I'm also happiest to continue with status quo at this stage - lockout at first bounce of first game.

Also, I reckon we ought to organise a workaround for submitting teams for the Harold Holt Round. Presumably we should just post our team somewhere on TS. I suggest that the blog section would be best cause forum posts can be edited. Although, can blog comments be edited now too? I'm not sure. Just thought that could be a new feature on the new site that I don't know about.
    I imagine Walesy will sort out the new format before the first game this weekend, but just in case, I reckon we get onto arranging a workaround that everyone can find out about in time.
    Is that Season Preview blog thread still open? Could easily make a new one just for team entry if it's not.

What are others' thoughts on all this?

I agree, but think its hard to pick players in your team a week before they play, but what can ya do. Agree to enter teams in a blog post before first bounce.

11. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

This issue is also currently being discussed in the ORFFL. Walesy posted earlier today to say that he is no chance to sort out a team upload interface before the first game, which is a bummer. FYI, we are going with two-step partial lockout, first four teams (Adel-Ess-Frem-WC) get locked out at bounce of Friday night's game and remaining teams get locked out before the first bounce of the following Thursday's game.

12. anthak

cool, thanks for that update jason. much appreciated. Ive checked the blog entry and it is still open for comments, so we can post our teams in there: http://tooserious.net/Blog/tabid/90/EntryId/1633/ORFFA-2013-Season-Preview.aspx Now, we need to decide if we need to enter our full team or have a rolling lockout. TiB, are you gonna make a rulling on this, or is it up to the match committee to decide, or something else? Personally, my 2c is that I think we should stick to last seasons rule of no rolling lockout. If we had unlimited trades and players to choose on, my opinion would be different, but we've only got 26 players to choose out of, so we should be able to pick a team with a fair amount of accuracy - and we do have 4 emergencies this year.. and whatever we decide, we are all in the same boat.

13. grav

grav Guest

Can someone confirm whether we are talking about 'partial' lockout (due to split round) or 'rolling' lockout (i.e. the new feature in Supercoach)? Unclear for me as both terms are being used here.

14. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

I would think we're referring to a partial lockout. Personally (FWIW) I would support a partial lockout system just for this round, given the week between games and the fact the interface here isn't quite up (which reminds me I need to donate to the site as well) But no stress whichever way we go ... and if are posting teams to the blog page, that's cool.

15. Len

How very odd, I think I had a post go missing. Yes partial, so for this round, being a split week, Terry has decreed (no time for vote taking etc), that we also split name a our teams, part A this week, Part B next week. Makes sense given we wont know the content of 14 teams for a week.

16. TerryinBangkok

Enter from 4 teams before the bounce Friday night. Enter the rest before the bounce next Thursday night.

17. graeme

graeme Guest

'Personally, my 2c is that I think we should stick to last seasons rule of no rolling lockout. If we had unlimited trades and players to choose on, my opinion would be different, but we've only got 26 players to choose out of, so we should be able to pick a team with a fair amount of accuracy - and we do have 4 emergencies this year.. and whatever we decide, we are all in the same boat.'
    Ant, I agree with you completely. I can live with an occasional exception - such as the current ridiculous 16 day round.
    Another reason that you did not touch on is personal - those of us who do not live in Australia have enough give ups (e.g., timing of drafts) that we accept but perhaps the rest of you do not appreciate the hardship involved. To put those of us (me, TiB and sNoZ as well as the WA guys) at a weekly disadvantage with a rolling cut-off in what is, most of the time a fun league, is a bit strong.
    Thank you for reading / hearing me out.

18. Len

I am in agreement with you chels, I think most of us are, this round is odd due to the fact that we can't know teams for week 2. Other than for situations like this I would prefer we avoided a rolling lockout for the ORFFA, it is also vastly easier to administer/control.

19. anthak

chels wrote:
    'Personally, my 2c is that I think we should stick to last seasons rule of no rolling lockout. If we had unlimited trades and players to choose on, my opinion would be different, but we've only got 26 players to choose out of, so we should be able to pick a team with a fair amount of accuracy - and we do have 4 emergencies this year.. and whatever we decide, we are all in the same boat.' Ant, I agree with you completely. I can live with an occasional exception - such as the current ridiculous 16 day round. Another reason that you did not touch on is personal - those of us who do not live in Australia have enough give ups (e.g., timing of drafts) that we accept but perhaps the rest of you do not appreciate the hardship involved. To put those of us (me, TiB and sNoZ as well as the WA guys) at a weekly disadvantage with a rolling cut-off in what is, most of the time a fun league, is a bit strong. Thank you for reading / hearing me out. yanno, that comment was prior to TiBs decision to go with the split/partial/rolling lockout idea and I also agreed that this round was a great opportunity to trial a different method.

20. TerryinBangkok

In a number of ways, I am glad we gave split round a spin. The 'out' of Crouch and the 'ins' of Kommer and Merrett demonstrates clearly the uncertainty surrounding selections that we could have been locked into. The other factor is that a number of 'possibles' have come on faster than expected. Much can happen in a week. For example, at Port Adelaide, Gray and Butcher are expected to be in the side by at least R2. This is not good for those who are holding Neade. Those who are now have an opportunity to reassess. Fisher out for the Saints might have quite a few reassessing Gold Coast, particularly GAJ and Bennell owners. Gravenger, having signaled his intent, has shown us all how the rolling lockout can be used to good effect. He will reap 120 points from Suban as a result by putting Scotland on field. I tips my hat. Not in favour of the rolling at this point in time. Just suggesting there are a few things we can learn from it.