Uploading & entering teams

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by bama, Mar 7, 2013.

1. grav

grav Guest

TerryinBangkok wrote: In a number of ways, I am glad we gave split round a spin. The 'out' of Crouch and the 'ins' of Kommer and Merrett demonstrates clearly the uncertainty surrounding selections that we could have been locked into. The other factor is that a number of 'possibles' have come on faster than expected. Much can happen in a week. For example, at Port Adelaide, Gray and Butcher are expected to be in the side by at least R2. This is not good for those who are holding Neade. Those who are now have an opportunity to reassess. Fisher out for the Saints might have quite a few reassessing Gold Coast, particularly GAJ and Bennell owners. Gravenger, having signaled his intent, has shown us all how the rolling lockout can be used to good effect. He will reap 120 points from Suban as a result by putting Scotland on field. I tips my hat. Not in favour of the rolling at this point in time. Just suggesting there are a few things we can learn from it. Be it a blessing or be it a curse....I have a plethora of 'no-shows' to take advantage of the partial lockout for rnd 1. FWIW although I wasn't round last season, I concur with majority sentiment here that a 'game by game' rolling lockout would be unfair. Happy with the decision to go with the partial for this split rnd as it just made sense. Anyway, I reckon this is the only split AFL rnd for the year. Thanks for the hat gesture Terry, although I thought you shunned head gear many moons ago, somewhere in the metamorphosis from Nicholson to Ledger (not the Demon to the Saint) :)

2. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Nope. I always wear my GAJ headgear every time I take the field. /Portals/0/User%20Images/GAJ02.jpg

3. grav

grav Guest

TerryinBangkok wrote:
    Nope. I always wear my GAJ headgear every time I take the field. /Portals/0/User%20Images/GAJ02.jpg classy!

4. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

Is there any idea of when we will be getting last years format up and running again? :)

5. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

All we know is that walesy is working to try and have things ready for R2. It will be a new(ish) format because of the extra bench.

6. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Now may be an appropriate time to put in a plug for Walesy and say that if anyone hasn't donated to him via the site here, it might be a good time to do so. The amount of extra work he puts in to help both the ORFFA and ORFFL is greatly appreciated, and we should help with a donation. End of plug for Walesy, back to dartboard to select Round 1 team.

7. grav

grav Guest

Yet another question from the newbie... I seem to recall a rule where by players can be fielded out of position but only score half their normal SC points, is this correct? If so, does this also hold true for emergencies (i.e. can I play a DEFas aRUC emerg and if my on field RUC doesn't play, do I get half of my RUC emerg points? Thanks

8. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Nope emergencies are listed by line mate, only activated when their lineman falls over

9. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

I think there's been a misunderstanding. <br/>The situation Gravenger has put fwd is right in my opinion. <br/> <br/>For ecample, If you place a defender as your mid em, and one of your starting mids doesn't play, then that def who is your mid em comes into play and you only get half their score. <br/> <br/>Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm sure thats how it worked last year. Well that's what I was doing anyway.

10. anthak

anthak wrote:<br/>I think there's been a misunderstanding. <br/>The situation Gravenger has put fwd is right in my opinion. <br/> <br/>For ecample, If you place a defender as your mid em, and one of your starting mids doesn't play, then that def who is your mid em comes into play and you only get half their score. <br/> <br/>Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm sure thats how it worked last year. Well that's what I was doing anyway. &#160; If that isn't how it works, then it seems pointless to have to select which line your emergencies are emergency for. I reckon we're all on the same page and there was just a misunderstanding of the question from Len. Is that right Len? Also, in answer to Gravenger's first q... Yes, you can select players out of position and yes, you only get half their score.

11. Len

I swear that's not the line I read first time around, long day I guess......
    Ant is correct, and so is your suggestion grav, they can be named anywhere on field or emerg, and if out of pos but activated they score half points.
    What IthoughtI was answering is the emergency line activation; that works purely onthatline, so if you name an emergency ruck, the only way he will score points is if your onfield ruck does not play, andemergenciesdo not provide cover for the IC line, only the 4 playing lines they are named against.

12. Len

anthak wrote:
    anthak wrote:
    I think there's been a misunderstanding.
    The situation Gravenger has put fwd is right in my opinion.

For ecample, If you place a defender as your mid em, and one of your starting mids doesn't play, then that def who is your mid em comes into play and you only get half their score.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm sure thats how it worked last year. Well that's what I was doing anyway. If that isn't how it works, then it seems pointless to have to select which line your emergencies are emergency for. I reckon we're all on the same page and there was just a misunderstanding of the question from Len. Is that right Len? Also, in answer to Gravenger's first q... Yes, you can select players out of position and yes, you only get half their score. Typically I am gonna need more than 11 minutes to note a post and respond :)

13. anthak

Lenh191 wrote:<br/>I swear that's not the line I read first time around, long day I guess......
    Ant is correct, and so is your suggestion grav, they can be named anywhere on field or emerg, and if out of pos but activated they score half points.
    What I&#160;thought&#160;I was answering is the emergency line activation; that works purely on&#160;that&#160;line, so if you name an emergency ruck, the only way he will score points is if your onfield ruck does not play, and&#160;emergencies&#160;do not provide cover for the IC line, only the 4 playing lines they are named against.
    &#160; Has the rule changed about putting an emergency on the Interchange line. We could do it last year if we wanted. And at least a couple of us have got an interchange emergency this round already. It was my understanding, but I may be forgetting a ruling, that we could place the 4 emergencies on any 4 of the 5 lines. Is that wrong?

14. J_C

J_C Guest

anthak wrote:
    Lenh191 wrote:
    I swear that's not the line I read first time around, long day I guess...... Ant is correct, and so is your suggestion grav, they can be named anywhere on field or emerg, and if out of pos but activated they score half points. What IthoughtI was answering is the emergency line activation; that works purely onthatline, so if you name an emergency ruck, the only way he will score points is if your onfield ruck does not play, andemergenciesdo not provide cover for the IC line, only the 4 playing lines they are named against. Has the rule changed about putting an emergency on the Interchange line. We could do it last year if we wanted. And at least a couple of us have got an interchange emergency this round already. It was my understanding, but I may be forgetting a ruling, that we could place the 4 emergencies on any 4 of the 5 lines. Is that wrong? Excuse me if I've misunderstood what you've said Ant, but there's been no rule change. We didn't have Interchange emergencies last year and we aren't having them this year either. Last year it was 3 emergencies and this year it's been increased to 4 - 1 per line. If memory serves, last year we had a drop down box to select 3 emergencies and you had to select a position for each of the 3 emergencies, either Def, Mid, Ruc or Fwd.

15. Len

My understanding of the application is that is incorrect, that the topic was discussed and ruled on, that it was seen as double dipping.
    Because the IC player plays any position the emergency couldn't cover him properly and thus we had 3 emergencies for 4 lines, not 5 or 6 (6 lines would apply if you have two different position players listed on the IC.)
    As I see it we now have 4 emergencies for 4 lines, I am not stating it as fact, though I do believe it to be correct.

16. Len

JC wrote:
    anthak wrote:
    Lenh191 wrote:
    I swear that's not the line I read first time around, long day I guess...... Ant is correct, and so is your suggestion grav, they can be named anywhere on field or emerg, and if out of pos but activated they score half points. What IthoughtI was answering is the emergency line activation; that works purely onthatline, so if you name an emergency ruck, the only way he will score points is if your onfield ruck does not play, andemergenciesdo not provide cover for the IC line, only the 4 playing lines they are named against. Has the rule changed about putting an emergency on the Interchange line. We could do it last year if we wanted. And at least a couple of us have got an interchange emergency this round already. It was my understanding, but I may be forgetting a ruling, that we could place the 4 emergencies on any 4 of the 5 lines. Is that wrong? Excuse me if I've misunderstood what you've said Ant, but there's been no rule change. We didn't have Interchange emergencies last year and we aren't having them this year either. Last year it was 3 emergencies and this year it's been increased to 4 - 1 per line. If memory serves, last year we had a drop down box to select 3 emergencies and you had to select a position for each of the 3 emergencies, either Def, Mid, Ruc or Fwd. This is my belief also.

17. anthak

Of course I could be wrong, but I'm almost certain (prob 98% sure) that we were able to select an emergency for the Interchange line last season. It was an option in the drop down list for emergencies. <br/>And there are 2 of us that have selected 1 of our emergencies to be for the interchange line for this round. <br/> <br/>I also vaguely remember raising this when there was talk of increasing the emergencies to 4. People were saying one per line and I tried to get clarification (or interpretation) of whether it was one per onfield line, or 4 emergencies in total on 4 of the 5 lines. I do remember raising it, but I can't remember what came of it. <br/> <br/>When I get access to a computer, I'll try and find the thread, but that may not be until the weekend. <br/> <br/> <br/>I think that because there is confusion, and because 2 of us have already selected emergencies for the interchange line, we need to go with that for this round... and then after this week, go with however it should be. <br/> <br/>TiB may not be around to make a ruling on that. But that seems the sensible thing to do if the rule is in dispute. <br/>JC, are you 2IC? If you are, maybe you can decide. <br/> <br/>If it is decided that we can't have an interchange emergency for this round, then ChiefRussell should be able to put JJK in any position he wishes, and I should be able to put Masten in any position I wish. IMO. <br/>As it was, I was deciding between onfield mid or int em for Masten and I went with the later. <br/> <br/>

18. Len

The relevant discussion is here: http://tooserious.net/forum/Forum/tabid/91/forumid/15/threadid/37112/scope/posts/threadpage/2/Default.aspx
    Posts are: Prap: <table id='tblPostBody40580' width='100%' cellspacing='0' cellpadding='0' align='left' border='0' style='margin-bottom: 10px; font-size: 14px; background-color: #fcfcfc; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif; line-height: 16px; color: #444444;] <tbody style='font-size: 14px;] <tr style='font-size: 14px;] <td align='left' valign='top' style='padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 14px; vertical-align: middle; width: 100%;] <div id='spBody' class='Forum_Normal' style='line-height: 16px;]Hi - 2 quickies.
    If cooney is on my interchange, and doesnt play, do I get my midfield emergency score?
    If, due to injuries, I put Tom Lynch (a forward) in the mid emergenceies, do I get half his score?

Me (but my opinion turned out to be wrong) <div id='spBody' class='Forum_Normal' style='line-height: 16px; background-color: #fcfcfc;]From my reading of the rules;
    1 yes
    2 only if he was there at lockout, and yes it would be 1/2 points

But that's opinion only ;) <div>
    <div class='Forum_Normal' style='line-height: 16px; background-color: #fcfcfc;] BB (was giving insight from the ORFFL application) <div id='spBody' class='Forum_Normal' style='line-height: 16px; background-color: #fcfcfc;]1. No

I have had Curnow last week and Cooney this. I/C is a seperate line but the ORFFL will be voting on this issue post-season to assess whether the players position E should come on if no I/C E named.

2. Yes <div>
    <div class='Forum_Normal' style='line-height: 16px; background-color: #fcfcfc;] Then xeno with a ruling:
    BB right on both as I understand it.<br style='color: #000000; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: 16px; background-color: #fcfcfc;[/img] <br style='color: #000000; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: 16px; background-color: #fcfcfc;[/img] We can have a vote on it after this round if we feel that we don't like the rule as it stands.<br style='color: #000000; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: 16px; background-color: #fcfcfc;[/img] <br style='color: #000000; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: 16px; background-color: #fcfcfc;[/img] These sort of things will emerge as we play.

After which it was agreed to leave the rule as per above until the end of the year, the end of the year went by without it being discussed as far as I know.
    ............. Note reading back I am still not sure if this addresses the original question or the one I thought I was answering to begin with, too early in the morning, hopefully someone more awake can dig with more precision, unf my day is full of meetinigs..
    <div id='radePasteHelper' style='position: absolute; left: -10000px; border: 0px solid red; top: 374px; width: 1px; height: 1px; overflow: hidden;] <table id='tblPostBody40602' width='100%' cellspacing='0' cellpadding='0' align='left' border='0' style='margin-bottom: 10px; font-size: 14px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif; line-height: 16px;] <tbody style='font-size: 14px;] <tr style='font-size: 14px; background-color: #fcfcfc; color: #444444;] <td align='left' valign='top' style='padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 14px; vertical-align: middle; width: 100%;] <div id='spBody' class='Forum_Normal' style='line-height: 16px;]BB right on both as I understand it.

We can have a vote on it after this round if we feel that we don't like the rule as it stands.

These sort of things will emerge as we play.
    <tr style='font-size: 14px; background-color: #fcfcfc; color: #444444;]
    <div id='radePasteHelper' style='position: absolute; left: -10000px; border: 0px solid red; top: 374px; width: 1px; height: 1px; overflow: hidden;] <table id='tblPostBody40602' width='100%' cellspacing='0' cellpadding='0' align='left' border='0' style='margin-bottom: 10px; font-size: 14px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif; line-height: 16px;] <tbody style='font-size: 14px;] <tr style='font-size: 14px; background-color: #fcfcfc; color: #444444;] <td align='left' valign='top' style='padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 14px; vertical-align: middle; width: 100%;] <div id='spBody' class='Forum_Normal' style='line-height: 16px;]BB right on both as I understand it.

We can have a vote on it after this round if we feel that we don't like the rule as it stands.

<tr style='font-size: 14px; background-color: #fcfcfc; color: #444444;]

19. grav

grav Guest

Lenh191 wrote:
    The relevant discussion is here: http://tooserious.net/forum/Forum/tabid/91/forumid/15/threadid/37112/scope/posts/threadpage/2/Default.aspx Posts are: Prap: <table id='tblPostBody40580' style='font-size: 14px; margin-bottom: 10px; color: #444444; line-height: 16px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif; background-color: #fcfcfc;' cellspacing='0' cellpadding='0' width='100%' align='left' border='0] <tbody style='font-size: 14px;] <tr style='font-size: 14px;] <td style='padding-right: 0px; padding-left: 0px; font-size: 14px; padding-bottom: 0px; vertical-align: middle; width: 100%; padding-top: 0px;border: 0px;' valign='top' align='left] <div class='Forum_Normal' id='spBody' style='line-height: 16px;]Hi - 2 quickies.
    If cooney is on my interchange, and doesnt play, do I get my midfield emergency score?
    If, due to injuries, I put Tom Lynch (a forward) in the mid emergenceies, do I get half his score?
    Me (but my opinion turned out to be wrong) <div class='Forum_Normal' id='spBody' style='line-height: 16px; background-color: #fcfcfc;]From my reading of the rules;
    1 yes
    2 only if he was there at lockout, and yes it would be 1/2 points

But that's opinion only ;) <div>
    <div class='Forum_Normal' style='line-height: 16px; background-color: #fcfcfc;] BB (was giving insight from the ORFFL application) <div class='Forum_Normal' id='spBody' style='line-height: 16px; background-color: #fcfcfc;]1. No

I have had Curnow last week and Cooney this. I/C is a seperate line but the ORFFL will be voting on this issue post-season to assess whether the players position E should come on if no I/C E named.

2. Yes <div>
    <div class='Forum_Normal' style='line-height: 16px; background-color: #fcfcfc;] Then xeno with a ruling: BB right on both as I understand it.<br style='font-size: 12px; color: #000000; line-height: 16px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif; background-color: #fcfcfc;[/img] <br style='font-size: 12px; color: #000000; line-height: 16px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif; background-color: #fcfcfc;[/img] We can have a vote on it after this round if we feel that we don't like the rule as it stands.<br style='font-size: 12px; color: #000000; line-height: 16px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif; background-color: #fcfcfc;[/img] <br style='font-size: 12px; color: #000000; line-height: 16px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif; background-color: #fcfcfc;[/img] These sort of things will emerge as we play.

After which it was agreed to leave the rule as per above until the end of the year, the end of the year went by without it being discussed as far as I know. ............. Note reading back I am still not sure if this addresses the original question or the one I thought I was answering to begin with, too early in the morning, hopefully someone more awake can dig with more precision, unf my day is full of meetinigs.. <div id='radePasteHelper' style='left: -10000px; overflow: hidden; width: 1px; position: absolute; top: 374px; height: 1px;border: red 0px solid;] <table id='tblPostBody40602' style='font-size: 14px; margin-bottom: 10px; line-height: 16px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif;' cellspacing='0' cellpadding='0' width='100%' align='left' border='0] <tbody style='font-size: 14px;] <tr style='font-size: 14px; color: #444444; background-color: #fcfcfc;] <td style='padding-right: 0px; padding-left: 0px; font-size: 14px; padding-bottom: 0px; vertical-align: middle; width: 100%; padding-top: 0px;border: 0px;' valign='top' align='left] <div class='Forum_Normal' id='spBody' style='line-height: 16px;]BB right on both as I understand it.

<tr style='font-size: 14px; color: #444444; background-color: #fcfcfc;]
    <div id='radePasteHelper' style='left: -10000px; overflow: hidden; width: 1px; position: absolute; top: 374px; height: 1px;border: red 0px solid;] <table id='tblPostBody40602' style='font-size: 14px; margin-bottom: 10px; line-height: 16px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif;' cellspacing='0' cellpadding='0' width='100%' align='left' border='0] <tbody style='font-size: 14px;] <tr style='font-size: 14px; color: #444444; background-color: #fcfcfc;] <td style='padding-right: 0px; padding-left: 0px; font-size: 14px; padding-bottom: 0px; vertical-align: middle; width: 100%; padding-top: 0px;border: 0px;' valign='top' align='left] <div class='Forum_Normal' id='spBody' style='line-height: 16px;]BB right on both as I understand it.

<tr style='font-size: 14px; color: #444444; background-color: #fcfcfc;]
    I can totally relate Len, I often start off planning to attend a meeting but it invariably turns out to be a meetinig. Definition: Meetinig - a scheduled group discussion where active participation is impeded by sleep deprivation or lingering intoxication, resulting in constant speech slurring and mispronunciation of words. Jokes aside, thanks to all for helping to clarify my question as I think this answers my original question on naming an emerg out of position and scoring 1/2 points. However, the question of naming an emerg for the I/C line is still unclear. Probably best for someone with a back hoe to go digging for more prior discussion on this as my teaspoon keeps bending.

20. Len

lol, apt and correct, though no alcohol, just an over supplyof fools..