Velogames Giro dItalia

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by port_leschenault, May 3, 2012.

1. port_leschenault

port_leschenault Administrator Staff Member

Okay road.cc league created if chels or fazz has given it a go. Anyone else free to join this as well but it's a bit more advanced than velogames. Link is above, League code is 75808

@pendles_05 I do a bit but only recreationally and never regularly enough :D

2. BJWNFI

BJWNFI Member

Thanks Port - have joined your Velogames League and will probably join Road CC as well. You considering a TS Leaague in the SBS fantasy game for Le Tour?

3. UnderAchievers

UnderAchievers Member

Hey Port, have put a team in the road.cc league, just awaiting permission to join your league. Also if my mate joins, accept him. He usually calls himself, The Rioters.
    Hopefully my team I have put together quickly this morning is competitive.

4. port_leschenault

Do I have to accept people? Geez that's a bit of management on my behalf, I'll click yes on whoever :D

@BJWNFI More than likely, I did really well on the SBS one, managed to be 10th early on but slid to about 80 after missing a couple of days (went on holiday to Sydney) but finished 30-50th iirc. Looking forward to it if its the same format :D

Edit:

UA, what does it say exactly? I can't find anywhere to accept invitations, does it allow you to view the league or does it come up with saying league membership pending (or similar)?

Edit Edit:

Nevermind, found it, accepted 3 teams into the league

5. UnderAchievers

UnderAchievers Member

Thanks Port.
    Not a bad start I guess, picked the top 3 riders in Stage 1.
    Not gotta look at trading out Phinney and Rasmussen. I assume thats you on 172 points Port? Well done!

6. port_leschenault

Yeah, 37th overall too haha, dont think that will keep up. Got 1+2 in velogames as well, hopefully they rake in the points up to the TTT as well (which is why I got them)

7. UnderAchievers

UnderAchievers Member

Is there a reason why a lot of the top teams have Guardini?? Is there something I am missing, or have he just been selected because he is cheap and frees up cash elsewhere.

8. port_leschenault

In road.cc or velogames?

He's cheap as chips for one and he's a designated sprinter on this team, yesterday he failed a bit. He's massively hyped by the Italians and should be good one day but I'm not sure how he'll go. Wins a lot in Langkawi (Malaysia) but against the big boys like Cav, Goss, Farrar its his first try.

9. J_C

J_C Guest

Is there somewhere on Velogames where you can see how you're going overall? Just curious....

10. UnderAchievers

UnderAchievers Member

@ Jolcon
    Yeah usually there is mate, but they seem to be struggling updating their scoring. If you click on you team name and then in the bottom left underneath your list of rider it says 'Overall Points' and 'Overall Rank'. At the moment it will say you are coming 1st! but hopefully it will update before the end of the 3 weeks.

Thanks for that Port, Im going to leave him out and pick up Bennati and Boaro for some quick points today and then move them on for some GreenEdge riders tomorrow. That means I will have 2 Garmin, 2 Sky, 2 GreenEdge and 2 BMC for the TTT. I feel those 4 teams will top it, with Liquigas a close 5th.

11. UnderAchievers

UnderAchievers Member

Scrap that, Im gonna keep Basso, and pick up Soupe instead of Bennati

12. port_leschenault

@Jolcon yeah velogames has been dodgy last two stages, I'd just be happy with your scores and hope the overall/leagues get sorted soon.

@UA Don't think you can pick up Soupe instead of Bennati, ones a Star rider and ones a Domestique. Think you'd be better of picking a proper sprinter like Demare or Guardini for cheap price, Basso I wouldn't have until 2-3 week. Bennati is a good choice because of sprint stages plus TTT.

Edit: and sorry, think this advice is a little past deadline

13. J_C

J_C Guest

@Port - Definitely happy with my scores mate. As I said was just curious as I've not used the site before. I'll keep an eye out and no doubt it'll be sorted soon. :)

14. UnderAchievers

UnderAchievers Member

Whats your team name Jolcon?
    Yeah Port I was going to trade Basso for Bennati, but decided to go one of my cheapies for Soupe. Think Basso may get a few minor points in Stage 4, so will get rid of him for a sprinter after that.
    I wish I knew more about some of these riders so Im not selecting blind!
    I watched the stage last night, the crash on the final corner was always going to happen, but it was an interesting final 5 kms, watching Phinney lose his chain and then make it back to the Peleton pretty quickly.
    Looking forward to a few late nights in the coming weeks!

15. UnderAchievers

UnderAchievers Member

Oh wow, thanks alot Ferrari for ruining a good sprint finish last night, and for taking out my whole fantasy team! Glad he got relegated to the back of the bunch. Great win for GreenEdge though!
    I was coming 4th overall in Velogames after Stage 2. I'll take that and run!

16. port_leschenault

League scores after Stage 3. The Toffees showing that they're not that sticky off to a flying start, 1029 points has them at 7ths overall!!! With Hushovd, Rasmussen, Phinney, Thomas and Cavendish its a great start. They'll need to score a lot more points though before the mountains though because this team will take its sweet time going upwards! :D

TooSerious

Rank Team Directeur Score
    1 Sticky Toffees Richard 1029
    2 ajde ajde 533
    3 Fuentes Favourites Jodie 501
    4 GreenHedge Fund Cameron 483
    5 Seriously No Idea Stephen 376
    6 JCs Battlers Jason 345
    7 tillos tricycle riders Brett 297
    8 Los Campones Brendan Sproules 288
    9 Team Pharmacy Nick 247
    10 Fazz Matthew Farrelly 224
    11 LatteLycraLosers Brad 67
    12 celery campo 60

Good to see a lot of familiar faces/teams too, watch out for Fuentes Favourites and Los Campones, top 2 teams from the Vuelta!

17. port_leschenault

In road.cc comp, I've slip down to 67th after my 1 trade Ferrari took down Cav :(

Goss winning was good, if I didn't have Thomas I'd have had Goss, wish I had the stones to make that trade though. Next up is the TTT so need to adjust the team accordingly, the top teams in the TTT should be Garmin (favourites), Sky, BMC, GreenEdge and Radioshack.

Our little league:

1 GenesysWealthAdvisors Tuarts 398
    2 chombre chombre 332
    3 The Rioters vburtaev 177
    4 LatteLycraLosers LatteLycraLosers 131

1 ~ me
    2 ~ UA
    3 ~ UA's mate?
    4 ~ Jolcon?

18. stephen247

stephen247 Member

Hi Port,

I ended up putting a team in road.cc just yesterday. I applied to join the site on Sat but didn't get my password until after the race started...

After last night I'm on 117. Is it too late to join the league?

Still not sure what I'm doing but it's another sport to get excited about...

19. UnderAchievers

UnderAchievers Member

<blockquote>Quote from port_leschenault on May 8, 2012, 12:06
    They'll need to score a lot more points though before the mountains though because this team will take its sweet time going upwards! :D</blockquote>

You're right there! I'm hoping Uran, Rodriguez, Hushovd, Kreuziger, Gadret score me enough points during the mountain stages to keep me competitive. Unfortunately I don't have any of the really top overall classification riders.

20. port_leschenault

<blockquote>Quote from stephen247 on May 8, 2012, 12:55
    Hi Port,

I ended up putting a team in road.cc just yesterday. I applied to join the site on Sat but didn't get my password until after the race started...

After last night I'm on 117. Is it too late to join the league?

Still not sure what I'm doing but it's another sport to get excited about...</blockquote>

Yeah just put in the league code and hopefully I get highlighted box saying do I want to accept you. If you've done it already then I can't see it, so ou may need to cancel/try again if that's possible.