Virgin Noob.. Think Ive gone wrong? Too much GWS?

Discussion in 'RMT' started by XCrossCats, May 11, 2012.

1. XCrossCats

XCrossCats New Member

I have spent lots of time reading up and definitely getting TS about it!
    Spent too many trades so far 15 left.
    I know season is well under way and there is not much i can do about it now, but here goes.

Back: Scotland - Suckling - Enright - Mohr - Bugg - Ellis - Glass - Smedts - Tomlinson

Midfield:Ablett - Kennedy - Murphy - Hayes - Selwood - Kerr - Magner - Coniglio

Ruck: Kruezer - Giles - Redden - Stephenson

Forwards:Chapman - Dangerfield - Tippet - Martin - Milera - J.Cameron - Hampton - A.Kennedy -Zorko

Going into the bye weeks I have too many outs in R11 that I'm not sure what to do?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!! :)

2. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

@XCrossCats

You have good GunsAndRookies and pretty wel balanced selection for a newby - but I supsect you have been burning a few trades to get there !

Do you want to do well overall in your leagues?? If aiming for leagues then taking doinuts in Rd11 could mean your team will be strong in Rds12 & 13 so there may be some upside there !!

Either way if you trade out 2 of your GWS rookies - probably in the defs and fwds - by Round 10 you shouldn't be too badly off. As long as you try to upgrade your rookies to the right premiums at the right times you shoudl do well in either case even if a few trades dont work out as you would hope for.

Remember with leagues you will probably hold your trades more to squeeze more $$$ out of your rookies which will give you a better team in the finals. Unelss you have burned trades early it woudl be good to try to keep aroudn 6 trades going into finals in Rds20-23. You wil also trade more based on which matches you need to make trades in order to win to make top 8 or (hopefully top 4).

3. XCrossCats

XCrossCats New Member

Thanks for the reply Tassie Hawk!!

My aim this season is just to get the feel of how it all goes, and hours of reading early that helped.
    Preseason WAS a preseason for me. I think I tried more than a dozen line ups.

Preseason I had Nat Fyffe, Jack Reiwoldt and a couple other rookies I traded. Also I had Goodes twice in till injury last week and got Josh Kennedy in double trade. Next year I wont jump so quick to trade stars.

With regards to the 2 trades, I'm thinking that Hampton Out for Dixon, and Tomlinson out for Spurr, although both may not play alot of games it will leave some cash in the bank to trade up on Kruezer who is not scoring as I hoped. Got 2k bank ATM.

Trades wise I'll try for the above before the bye weeks, then upgrade 3-5 before rnd 18 when teams may start to rest some players pre finals. I'm aiming to have 7 or 8 for later in the season after rnd 19-20. I'll have 15 in the bank after this week!

Hopefully can make top four in my leagues.

Your input is more than I expected!! Thanks heaps!!

4. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

@x-cross cats

i hope your pre-bye trading went smoothly

i think there will be a lot of panic out there - but only trade now if you have a good reason

cheers
    TTH

5. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

Im tanking rd 11 in order to have a good 12 and 13 hopfully, fingers crossed no one gets dropped lol

6. Snake

Snake New Member

Out - Lewis, Scotland, K. Hunt?
    IN - Cotchin, Sylvia, Poupoplo.. ?
    Thoughts?
    .. or nothing and wait for Lewis and Scotland to come back in three weeks, I will be 3 donuts this week and struggle last bye round..

7. XCrossCats

XCrossCats New Member

@ Tassie Hawk,
    Bye trading went well.
    I actually won a couple matches in r11 with a few 0's so that went better than I thought!!
    I'm rapt with Zorko so far and hope he can keep it up!
    Backline and Rucks are unchanged, traded 2 mids and 2 fowards and happy with results so far.
    Mids are full with guns-6-2 cheapies,
    Fowards brought in a gun and a rookie who is playing!

Future trades i'll upgrade a backman, ruck and dual Def/foward and have 7-8 trades for the rest of the season incase of injury. only in tend on upgrades in ruck and backline.

Overall very happy with how I'm going as a first year coach and your advice has helped heaps.
    Thanks again!!!