Waaaay2Serious Punters order of betting

Discussion in 'On the punt' started by Bearfly, Sep 22, 2012.

1. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

Well done to Ruddy for recording the club's first wins :)

Now it's SwallowItDown into the hot seat today - tough act to follow mate ;)

2. Bearfly

Hey there fellas, sorry bout my absence from here and lack of updating since Monday arvo/evening (apart from quick post yesterday morning) - had a house inspection yesterday so was busy making sure everything was spick n span for the landlords!!!

Anyway, I will update OP with latest results (Ruddy's) soon - we have to wait a few days for the full outcome of SwallowItDown's bets due to the inspiring spread of bets he put on (could rocket him to the top of the leaderboard with a huge % if they get up :D

@ Choppers - have just reset the current punter to your turn a few minutes ago mate - tough act to follow after Ruddy bringing home some profit Monday evening, but I'm sure you're up to the task mate :)

3. choppers

choppers Well-Known Member

I'm hoping Sir Neil will be along shortly to impart some of his knowledge, enabling me to compete with Ruddy.

4. I did wonder if we had to place bets on just events from our particular day, but that answered that question nicely. Hopefully it now means that what day people draw isn't an issue

5. choppers

Exactly BB, I was a little concerned with that as well. It's my turn today and I can bet on this Saturday's GF if I want, so that works out well for everyone.

6. Bearfly

Yeah fellas, I added a little bit to the bottom of the OP to mention the ability to place bet ahead a bit in response to Daveo's query in the other W2SP thread - just seemed the fairest way of doing it so we can utilise everyone's particular punting prowess/knowledge of different sports etc.

@Choppers - not sure Sir Neil will be posting any tips today - noticed a tweet from him earlier mentioning he has a busy day ahead of him, but am holding out hope that a few gems will go up from him. In the meantime, I have posted the tips from @1Selection2Win in the Racing Tips thread and am about to post some from another Twitter tipster I have been checking out the past couple of weeks with some pretty good results apart from yesterday - check him out if you want, @UsefulTipping is his handle.

7. choppers

sob sob.....I'll just have to do my best.....sob sob. I know it's off thread but I see Matthew Primus has just signed with the Suns.

8. Bearfly

Well, Choppers has gone BANG, BANG!!! so far today - will rocket to the top of the leaderboard no matter what happens with his last selection after near on doubling his stake already - well done Choppers :D

Up tomorrow, Owen is in the hot seat with a tough act to follow :lol: Will log on between 9 and 9.30 SA time to ensure it's switched over to you Owen!!!

9. Swalloitdown

Swalloitdown Member

And BANG! Clean sweep Choppers!!! Great work on picking the eyes out of the mail today!

10. choppers

Haha! I just go with the flow. I haven't got an original thought in my body, so rely on everyone else. Today, it was weasel with Coup Acclaim and @usefultipping with that winner in Sale. And just where the bloody hell is Sale....haha!

11. TheOnion

TheOnion Member

Chopper....you can deny it but you are now a demigod amongst the TS punting fraternity.
    Reminds one of that scene from Monty Python Life of Brian ..

Brian: ...Will you please listen? I'm not the Messiah! Do you understand? Honestly! Woman: Only the true Messiah denies his divinity! Brian: What? Well, what sort of chance does that give me? All right, I am the Messiah! Crowd: He is! He is the Messiah! Brian: Now, fuck off! [Silence]

12. Owen

Owen Well-Known Member

Choppers, Sale isn't far off from where I live, sort of east gippsland ish in Victoria. Takes about 3 hours drive from Melbourne.

So I'm up tomorrow, damn you choppers! It shall be interesting betting, will I bet shy because the brownlow didn't do well for me? Or will I go all out for some crazy multis! No idea.

13. choppers

I'm so far out of it. When I was placing the Sale bets today on Luxbet, the time showed 30 mins behind, so I thought it might be somewhere near the SA border. It didn't dawn on me til later that Bearfly set the Club account up in SA so it was Sth Aussie Luxbet I was betting on. So I used GoogleEarth and found out where Sale is situated. I didn't have a clue before then.

Bearfly has tips come thru most Thursdays as well, so good luck with it Owen. Just remember...."money lost is nothing lost...confidence lost is everything lost"

14. hackers

hackers New Member

Bear, Just a thought about order of betting. It is great we can bet on future markets and it is keeping every1 interested in things other than racing and gives us a chance of some good multis. Point is that those people at the bottom of the order in the Strickland betting system will not get a chance to bet in the "bonus round" if they prefer to bet on futures. I then suggest a semi regular change of monthly order so that those bettors are not stuck at the end of the order each month. Might add to the captains work though and I am happy to take more than my share at the back of order to accommodate those with probable better betting knowledge.

15. Owen

Owen Well-Known Member

Great idea Hackers

16. Bearfly

@ Hackers - good thinking mate, never even contemplated that tbh!!!

Shouldn't be too much of an effort considering I am keeping track of everything in a book plus setting up a spreadsheet.

After a little thought, this simple solution comes to my mind for setting up each new roster (and considering that the best performers get a 2nd go near the end of the month under the Strickland System, or the Stricky as I like to think of it :lol:):
    - simple reverse order to start the new roster - person with the lowest return on investment goes top!!!

In the situation of no return (as is the case with myself & BB), the person with the most stake lost would be higher in the order, thus currently BB with a $13.75 loss compared to my $13.00 loss.

Any other ideas most welcome, just putting it out there for consideration :D

Also, don't forget to keep checking the OP on page 1 of this thread as it is constantly being updated to reflect results.
    I will also add the next roster on that post so it can always be easily found :D

17. weazel

weazel Member

scratch that post

18. J_C

J_C Guest

Great work Choppers!

19. weazel

weazel Member

ok i'll try again i think this is right if we make our betting into blocks of 4 weeks of 7 days instead of months
    once a block is completed you move in order of betting 4 spots to give you alternate days, after you complete 6 more you will be back to your original day. someone shoot me down or work it out lol my head hurts

20. TheOnion

TheOnion Member

weaz maybe your head hurts because you look just like a recently lynched Jobe in your new photo?

But the revised "Tricky Stricky" might just work coz it also mixes up the Saturdays which most people would want a crack at.