Waaaay2Serious Punters order of betting

Discussion in 'On the punt' started by Bearfly, Sep 22, 2012.

1. Bucko

Bucko Active Member

Thanks guys, was the @1selection2win tip :)

2. Swans2012

Swans2012 New Member

Good form bucko, as a side can someone help me turn off the email notifications on punt club, tried to do it in account but doesn't seem to work?

3. Grizzles

Grizzles Active Member

Hey guys i have to work this saturday so im happy to give up my sat spot to a pro tipper if anyone wants it? 6th October!

4. Bucko

Bucko Active Member

<blockquote>Quote from Swans2012 on October 1, 2012, 19:44
    Good form bucko, as a side can someone help me turn off the email notifications on punt club, tried to do it in account but doesn't seem to work?</blockquote>
    I couldn't work out how to turn it off either, so I set up a rule in my email that automatically moves them to a punt club folder

5. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

Hey fellas, apologies for the lack of updates in the OP recently - laptop still playing up (not only does it freeze up regularly, but now it has been turning itself off whilst I've been using it)!!!
    So now I have to resort to using my tablet atm while I wait for a mate to come over and check the lappy out!!! This makes it much harder to edit posts on here, so if you can bear with me while I try and get these things done over the next day or two your patience will be much appreciated :)

@Swans - unfortunately there seems to be no way of turning those email notifications off :( Although as captain, I do find them important so I can log all bets down and keep track of the club's activities, as well as know when anyone makes a comment in the commentary box.
    The most unfortunate thing with those emails though, it seems that those prospective members who recieved a formal invitation to join us but decided to decline for various reasons are also getting the notifications :D (hopefully when the bigger n better wins start rolling in they will rue their decision not to join :lol:

@Grizzles - It should be pretty simple to swap you from the Saturday if you want mate - if TheOnion is keen we could make a direct swap between the 2 of you as he is rostered for the day after, Sunday 7th - so if no problems there for you both I can do that, will wait till you both give me the go ahead in here :)

@Russkoit & Grizzles - any chance you could both re-contact Jason from Punt Club again to find out why it still shows you both as pending in the club statement??? Need to get you both showing up as Active before it comes to your turn on the roster - Cheers

@Stkildathunda - hey mate, had you showing up in the club statement as having joined but pending last weekend, but now it doesn't show you up in the list mate - just wondering if you changed your mind or if it is a glitch - let me know either way mate

@Everyone - My apologies for posting the dud tip from Titan Tipping in the commentary box yesterday - was very disappointed with them giving out such a dud tip like that and in fact let them know of my disappointment - for the high cost of their service I for one expect their tips to have realistic chances rather than being horses that are racing way outside their class level like yesterday's tip was!!!

6. Ruddy

Ruddy New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Bucko on October 2, 2012, 07:24
    Good form bucko, as a side can someone help me turn off the email notifications on punt club, tried to do it in account but doesn't seem to work?</blockquote>
    I couldn't work out how to turn it off either, so I set up a rule in my email that automatically moves them to a punt club folder</blockquote>

Great advice this, i just did it too. 432 emails i had to move into my punt club folder. Talk about excessive haha

7. Bearfly

Forgot to mention this, but our punter in the hotseat today is SMJ69 - welcome to the W2SP hotseat Jacko, you've got a tough act to follow after Bucko's performance yesterday :D

8. Bearfly

Love the new sig line Ruddy :mrgreen:

Maybe we can rope Walesy into getting a crown icon placed under your profile pic ;)

9. Ruddy

Ruddy New Member

Yeah i thought i might sneak it in there Bear :p

I think we might have to work on him haha

10. Bearfly

So Jacko had one of those days where the much anticipated winners just got pipped into the minor placings, bad luck mate but it happens to us all from time to time and the next winner is just around the corner.

That said, we're still basking in the glow of our newly proclaimed Demi-God, Bucko following his mighty effort that seen him rocket up to the top of the leaderboard on Monday!!!

Next up in the hotseat is BigBadBunks - enjoy your time in the limelight mate :)

Will switch over to you as soon as I get online - should be between 9 - 10 am

11. Bearfly

Ok, finally managed to get online (bloody useless Telstra)!!!

Have switched over to today's punter on the Punt Club site, so it is now officially your turn in the hotseat BigBadBunks :mrgreen:

Up tomorrow is UnderAchievers

12. Grizzles

Grizzles Active Member

Thanks for getting back to me bear. Well to be honest i work over the weekend so tuesday 9th would be best for me if that person doesnt mind swapping or going a day earlier? I dropped Jason an email today after going back through the email you sent me to get his address so i'll let u know whats going on once i get a reply!

13. Bearfly

No probs Grizzles - will slot you in for the 9th and just move everyone in between up one place easy peasy :lol:

14. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from Bucko on October 2, 2012, 07:24
    I couldn't work out how to turn it off either, so I set up a rule in my email that automatically moves them to a punt club folder</blockquote>

From your dashboard go to manage account, then down the bottom the last set of options allow you to turn the notifications on or off.

Cheers

Len

15. Len

Having now done this in Chrome and IE can confirm the change to the settings is not "sticking", so might be worth letting them know it's bugged

16. TheOnion

TheOnion Member

Thanks Len, but that option doesnt work for me, and clearly not for Swans 2012 and Bucko either. What happens is you go in, change the settings, it tells you they are saved, but it doesn't 'stick'. As soon as you return to dashboard, than back in to manage account, the settings have reverted to ON.

I have done this maybe 10 times now, plus I have emailed Punt Club and had no response.

It is easily the most annoying part of the whole Waaay2Serious Punting experience, to the point I would vote to try a different online provider once we are through the teething stages.

Up to 50 emails a day with no way of stopping them!!????! Unimpressive and time consuming.

17. Len

It appears the only way to give feedback is via the ideas thing, I listed it as an issue, maybe voting it up will help?
    The site is in beta, and does appear pretty slick apart from this one annoyance, given they have the option showing it's only a bug and should be sorted quickly...

18. Bearfly

Hey there fellas, I know the emails are a tad annoying - more so because we operate on a daily bet basis, have a group of people who are prepared to place a variety of bets with their daily "betting allowance", and have members who are keen to post in the commentary box as we are all active forum users here.
    However, as Len points out, the Punt Club site is still in Beta stage, therefore it is constantly being monitored and tweaked by the developers, so the best way to get any action from the developers is to contact them and/or use their feedback section to point out any flaws etc.
    It would also be good to point out to them any aspects of their site you enjoy as well, because that will encourage them to further improve the enjoyable areas of the site in future upgrades/tweaks whilst working on eliminating the annoying/unappealing aspects and fixing things that don't work properly!!!

As for trying a different online provider for the clubs operations, the snag there is the fact the only other similar sites I come across were either based overseas and/or charged a monthly fee from each club - something I for one would prefer to avoid as it means more funds in the club kitty rather than lining someone else's pockets!!!

One reason the Punt Club site is able to operate without charging each club using the site is their affilliation with Luxbet, who subsequently gain increased betting turnover and new clients from every club that joins.

So I suggest we provide the developers with feedback about this annoying issue so they can work on rectifying it which will ultimately lead to a more enjoyable experience for all users of the site :)

19. Bearfly

Oooopps, double post - thanks useless Telstra internet fading in and out!!! :(

Anyway, forgot to say, well done BBB on an astonishing day :)

Looks like a new deity amongst the W2SP crew - we'll have more gods and demi-gods than the ancient egyptians before long if this keeps up :lol:

Up tomorrow, UnderAchievers takes up the hotseat challenge - you up to it mate :mrgreen:

20. Bearfly

Ok fellas, following yesterday's stellar performance by the recently knighted Sir Bunks we now have UnderAchievers officially in the hotseat - enjoy your day in the limelight mate :mrgreen:

Up tomorrow is Nimrodr