Waaaay2Serious Punters order of betting

Discussion in 'On the punt' started by Bearfly, Sep 22, 2012.

1. UnderAchievers

UnderAchievers Member

Hey all,

As Steve will attest – the Sportingbet Last Man Standing competition is a lot of fun and an easy(?) way to make a cool $50K.
    A Spring Carnival comp has just opened up starting THIS WEEKEND.

If you want to get involved, I believe you need a Sportingbet account (they are easy to set up), then navigate on their site to ‘Competitions’ and register for the LMS comp.

Alternatively head to: http://www.sportingbet.com.au/Default.aspx#&&s=Competitions-Home.

I have set up a W2S Punt Club league so we can track everyone’s progress.
    Code: 409816

2. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

Cheers for setting the league up UA, just joined it mate :D

3. Bearfly

Righto folks, it's taken a little time but Russkoit has sorted out the issues that have kept him listed as pending on the club statement \\o/

Now, seeing that we ended up skipping Monday due to Russkoit still being listed as pending at the time, and nobody else was sufficiently studied up & prepared to take over that slot (as well as my little episode of Telstra frustration being without internet for 5 hours or so), we need to make up that skipped day so that we keep the same amount of slots available for the top performers of the month to have their bonus punt....

So what I propose is we have a double-up day, where Russkoit nominates a day of his preference to take his turn and the member that is listed for that day also has their turn as well.
    This is no real drama for me, all I would need to do is wait until the one uses their allocated funds for the day, then switch over to the other which resets the punting allowance.

Just thought I would put the thought out there for everyone to consider as I would like to make sure that none of the top performers who would expect to get their bonus day miss out :D

4. choppers

choppers Well-Known Member

I don't have a problem with any of that, BF. Whatever is easiest for you, as far as I'm concerned. Also just to remind you, I head off O/S on Sunday for 3 months. My internet connection over there should be OK, but it IS the tailend of the wet season, which can affect things at times, so if I go off the radar occasionally you'll know why.

5. weazel

weazel Member

yeah go double up day plenty of diff stuff to bet on

6. Bucko

Bucko Active Member

Gee sounds Ike a lot of work there Bear! Appreciate it mate.

And yeah, double day or tack him on at the end, either way

7. jace

jace New Member

Gday Brendon. Jason here. Happy to be registered with the too serious crew.

8. Bearfly

Wow, Steve just placed his bet and it's a damn tasty proposition!!!

If it gets up he'll most definitely bypass the knighthood & demi-god status and go straight to being proclaimed the new messiah of the W2SP crew :mrgreen:

9. Bearfly

Saturday punter is now switched over - step on up to the plate Runci :mrgreen:

Looking forward to seeing your soccer bets mate ;)

10. Runci

Runci Moderator

Hey Bear, puntclub has got Geoff in the hotseat atm

11. Bearfly

Hey Runci, my sincere apologies for that - the Punt Club system automated change-over must be set at some time between 1am and 2am SA time. Had manually switched it to you just after midnight my time and it was still like that when I checked again before going to bed around 1:20am!!! Have reset it now, but that means we've missed your foozball gold :(

12. Bearfly

Well, it looks like another knighthood is to be awarded today with Itsinmydna (Geoff) producing a nice profit with his first bet - well done mate :D

13. Bucko

Bucko Active Member

Hey Bear,

If I do happen to hold onto top spot, I'd love this Saturday as my second go in the hotseat.

Cheers

14. Bearfly

Bucko, your request has been duly noted mate :D

Was thinking that we might even go with the double up day on Saturday and reward the top 2 with those spots if everyone agrees.

Current top 2 are yourself Bucko & BBB - although that could change with the final 3 still to punt!!!

With 26 members, and most months having 30 or 31 days, I was thinking maybe we should reward the top 5 each month regardless of how many days the month has (even though our membership contributions are every 30 days, I think we can afford to do this as a club), what does everyone think???

Keep in mind that we still have Fish to include in the punting roster next month onwards when he returns from his US sojourn!!!

Will have the new roster up in the next couple of days (and this months updated - been a time consuming exercise cross referencing all bets, hopefully when Punt Club launch their updated site it will include an downloadable betting statement for club captains)!!!

15. Bearfly

Just as I was typing that last post, Lenh191 goes bang with a nice win from his $16.25 win bet to collect a cool $40.63 and earn himself a knighthood, demi-god status and a spot up the top of the leaderboard!!!

Waaaay2Go Len you legend :D

16. Steve

Steve Moderator Staff Member

Never backing Philly again in the NFL. They were up by 10pts with 3 mins play and lose in OT. At least my mob (49'ers) got smashed so it did not matter in the end.

Don't worry my next turn will be after the NBA season has started, that is where you can make some good coin :D

By the way, well done Lenny!!!

17. stowie

stowie Moderator

Nice one Len!

Bad luck Steve, I was let down by the Pats as well as the 49ers. Looking forward to punting during the NBA season.

18. Bearfly

Sorry I haven't posted earlier fellas, been out at a function all evening that I almost forgot about thanks to being absolutely stunned by Russkoit's punting prowess today :D

Just a thought on the final 4 days of the roster - with 5 members over 200% heading up the leader-board, and another 2 well and truly clearing 150% (in fact over 175% each), I am thinking of having at least 2 double-up days after some fantastic results today (ooops, yesterday!!!)

Here is what I am thinking, why not take advantage of having our 5 best punters having a shot at landing some more profit by giving them a chance to take advantage of a fantastic day's racing coming up on Saturday!!!
    We can slot Russkoit & Lenh191 (as our top 2 members) into a double-up on Saturday, but also give 3rd & 4th on the leaderboard (Bucko & Scarrgo) a chance to take advantage of Caulfield Cup day by slotting them in to a double-up on Friday, as well as giving BigBadBunks (5th) the chance to invest in Saturday if he likes by slotting him in tomorrow (Thursday).

Of course this proposal would then mean a bit of a booby prize for Choppers (6th) to take on the final day of the first month's roster on Sunday, and either having ItsInMyDna miss out or reward him with a double-up on Sunday with Choppers!!!

Thoughts folks???

19. Bucko

Bucko Active Member

Sounds good Bear

20. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

I am in it for fun mate, whatever works for almost everyone works for me :)