Waaaay2Serious Punters order of betting

Discussion in 'On the punt' started by Bearfly, Sep 22, 2012.

1. TheOnion

TheOnion Member

OK - been studying form for the Valley tonight. I like Extra in Race 1, and Classic Elle a special in Race 8. Can someone please talk me out of this madness before I go wasting the W2SP Club's millions.

2. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

@TO - Have switched over to you now mate. As for those 2 you mentioned for tonight, really not sure about Extra first time on a left hand track at the Valley, can be a minefield for Syd/Bris horses first time Melb way on the tight track!!! Classic Elle looks an E/W chance on form, weights, etc, but top weight will be hard to hold out IMPO.
    Must admit though, not really enthused by the very mediocre card on offer tonight, so personally will be keeping my $$$'s in reserve for tomorrow's big card - the biggest race day of the year in OZ

3. Bearfly

@TO & rest of the W2SP crew - have just got the Titan Tipping big tip of the spring for tomorrow - usually they don't send their tips out until race day between 9-10am, so this suggests to me that the $$$'s will be flying in for this horse in a big way - currently it's into favouritism at $3.60 win & $1.55 place so I would suggest the old 1win3place approach on it at it's current Luxbet fixed odds - Nechita in 4th @ Flemington

4. Grizzles

Grizzles Active Member

For what its worth TO for tonight...

BEST BET

Canterbury

Race 4 No: 3 LOHENGRIN

From 1Selection

5. TheOnion

TheOnion Member

Thanks for advice on M/Valley Bear.

Still couldn't resist some of my own dough on Classic Elle, but the syndicate bets have now been layed ... all on Flemington.

Just a point of interest; last year on Derby Day, Oliver, Rodd and McEvoy rode 7 of the 9 winners. Year before that J Cassidy and Williams starred. Not just the best horses running around, but the best hoops seem to rise to the top <the greedy little monkeys....lol>.

Anyway,the syndicate bets are...

Dear Demi to win into Red Cadeaux W or P for the Cup.
    Multis involving Dear Demi to place, Snitz to place, and IAD to win.
    Sneaky tri on the Coolmore whereby Snitz or Nechita must win.

6. TheOnion

TheOnion Member

Hi Grizz ...got your tip too late for the syndicate, but thanks anyway. Will have a little ping at it myself.

7. Bearfly

Liking the DD -> RD bet Onion, put a few bucks on last years runner up during the week after considering the weights etc, after all he did only just get tipped out last year by a bees foreskin!!!

8. scarrgo

scarrgo New Member

Agree w RD. Weighted well, last year first time for that particular French crew so they know the lay of the land this time but pretty classic field when you look at the horses that have missed out. Also like the bottom weight if the white hot Boss man gets the ride (he isn't booked at the moment.

9. Bearfly

Seems to be a serious issue here - the system is not permitting me to switch to Grizzles for some reason??? I can switch to every other member but when I click on Grizzles name in the Betting Order list the dialogue box that pops up to ok the switch does not appear like it does for everyone else!!! Have you been having any difficulties with the site Grizzles???

10. Grizzles

Grizzles Active Member

Replied on the site. Everything seems to be ok except i had to try and log in a couple of times!

11. Bearfly

Just seen your message on there mate :)
    I had a few problems logging in using my tablet whilst out this morning but finally managed to get on, that's when I first experienced the issue. Got home about 12.30 and booted up the computer but had the same troubles with trying to switch to you from this!!!

The crazy thing is the system will let me switch to any other member but it won't work when I click on your name and it's got me confused as hell.

Have sent an email to the site admins seeking clarification as to why this has happened but might not hear back from them till tomorrow!

12. Grizzles

Grizzles Active Member

Haha all cool we can figure it out and i'll just slot in where ever. Cheers!

13. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

bear would it not be easier to align our order to that of the site, or there's to ours?
    Seem like a lot of energy and angst being spent trying to make something work that should work by itself..?

14. UnderAchievers

UnderAchievers Member

I agree. I cant be bothered reading back to remember why we started doing it like this, but given there isn't 28 (a multiple of 7) people in the club, then each month everyone will have a different day of the week. There may be some months where people have to bet twice with the same outlay, but that's just how it goes.
    It's going to prevent Bear having to log into the site everyday and automatically change the person in the hot seat, and we all know he has internet struggles. Also it usually prevents people from putting their bets on first thing before work etc
    It will make things a lot smoother and less confusing if we just used the order on the site. Then all people have to do is either wait for the email telling them they are up, or log in once in a while to work out the day they are up.
    What are everyones thoughts?

15. Bearfly

I hear what you're saying Len & UA, just have to wait and see what the rest of the crew think, but any alterations will have to wait till the commencement of the 3rd month (22nd November).
    Usually it's not that big a drama, but recently the useless Telstra mob have been a bit dodgy with their internet connection.
    That said, today's problem was a bit of a different one which seems to be a system gremlin within Punt Club site itself because I was able to click on everyone apart from Grizzles and the dialogue box to switch punters came up for all members except him!!!
    Hopefully I will get some clarification on the issue from Jason of Punt Club tomorrow!!!

16. Bearfly

Just had an interesting thought fellas.

Wondering what club members thought about using a days betting allowance to place a combined club trifecta on the Cup on Tuesday???

What I thought is each club member interested in contributing to this could post in here their predictions for 1st, 2nd, 3rd & 4th in the Cup, then for all those predictions a score could be allocated along the lines of 4 for 1st, 3 for 2nd, 2 for 3rd & 1 for 4th - then each horses scores can be added to give us a table of top predictions. Then we can use the scores to place either a boxed trifecta or something along the lines of top 5 for 1st, top 7 or 8 for 2nd & then top 10 or 12 for 3rd x whatever % the daily allowance would permit.

This would be an extra bet aside from the scheduled punter for Cup Day which happens to be UA.

So what do you all think fellas? Interested in giving it a go???

17. TheOnion

TheOnion Member

Sounds good Bear, my predictions are Red Cadeaux, Galileo's Choice, Americain, Cavalryman.

18. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

I agree with myself, naturally, and like your idea too.

My four are; Dunaden, Red Cadeaux, Mount Athos & Galileos Choice

19. choppers

choppers Well-Known Member

FWIW, I agree with aligning the betting order to the Punt Club order. It would make things go a lot easier I reckon and take some of the workload off Bear.

My four (some value here)are : Mt. Athos, Cavalryman, Kelinni & Glencadam Gold

20. Steve

Steve Moderator Staff Member

I also agree with aligning the betting order to the Punt Club order.

I will let the experts in our Club determine the Melb Cup bet. I will stay out of it.